360 degrees of wisdom - where to buy in Australia?

cardlady22

hazlit, the idea of using playing cards also shows up in Dane Rudhyar's book An Astrological Mandala The Cycle of Transformations and its 360 Symbolic Phases if you happen to run across it on a shelf while you're waiting.

The first deck is made up of Court Cards for the 12 signs. Assignments K/Q/J are based on the Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable qualities of the signs. There are many variations in suit-to-sign based on the Element.
fire- Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
earth- Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
air- Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
water- Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces

The second deck uses the pips Ace through 10 from 3 suits (one of the black suits is left out) to make the 30 degrees. Assignments are based on which Season you attribute to the 4 suits and applied to the 3 Decans: 1-10 (spring), 11-20 (summer), 21-30 (fall; waning strength as it prepares to change, so it gets the black suit)

I use all 3 of these books when I look up a Sabian Symbol:
*Lynda Hill ~ 360 degrees of Wisdom
*Dane Rudhyar ~ An Astrological Mandala
*Marina Costelloe ~ The Complete Guide to Crystal Astrology

ETA: You have discovered the Sabian Symbols forum listed under Oracle Study Groups, correct? :grin:

hazlit

Gratitude & many blessings!

cardlady22 I owe you an apology for taking so long to acknowledge your post and say thank you! I have no excuses except my newbieness and my lingering disappointment over not being able to get the book due to being too poor to afford what's currently available through the Amazons.

However I just checked one of my fave online booksellers - Betterworld - and have ordered my very own copy of 360 degrees as well as the Dane Rudhyar book, both for very reasonable prices :) :) :) I recently bought The Complete Guide to Crystal Astrology so I reckon I'm looking good for some excellent reading and hopefully some learning and contributions to the Sabian Symbols forum (which I checked out thanks to your link, cardlady22). Will be making up the cards as per your advice and Lynda's in the book...

And I spied in your wishlist The Sacred World Oracle - gorgeous!! I'm on the mailing list :)

So much appreciate all the support and the generous offering of information from you and everyone else who's helped me out here. Thank you, thank you, and Namaste!

{(~_~)} :heart:

cardlady22

:party: :heart: :party:
I'm so glad to see you're getting your own! Have they arrived yet? What do you think?

hazlit

:)
...I put my order in on 16/4 but it wasn't shipped until 21/4, so I'll probably be waiting another couple of weeks before it gets here. I'm really looking forward to its arrival. I have a deck of playing cards ready and waiting :)

(~*~)