Thoth Tarot and O.T.O

archer1

I have looked all over no one deck here in the us Barnes and Noble Amazon or any of the books stores or Metaphysical stores here can get them.

When is the OTO going to stop suing people and get to publishing its money maker...The State of Florida, Woody Allen, which by the way netted them nothing. But that is the way they are.

Sorry for the rant...anyone have any ideas

thorhammer

I don't know, but maybe try emailing one of the OTO chapters? I'd email the Perth one, but last time I did I discovered he was a pompous ass and would really rather not have to communicate there again.

\m/ Kat

nicky

Have you tried Amazon Germany? They have them in stock.

ravenest

archer1 said:
I have looked all over no one deck here in the us Barnes and Noble Amazon or any of the books stores or Metaphysical stores here can get them.

When is the OTO going to stop suing people and get to publishing its money maker...The State of Florida, Woody Allen, which by the way netted them nothing. But that is the way they are.

Sorry for the rant...anyone have any ideas

Certainly not about Florida and Woodey Allen. I'd try to answer your questions if they were a little clearer.

Is there a Toth deck drought at the moment? I friend of mine got a deck a few weeks ago ... curious?

thorhammer

ravenest said:
Is there a Toth deck drought at the moment? I friend of mine got a deck a few weeks ago ... curious?
There has been for a while, after the OTO seemed to have taken exception to USG (?) publishing what they thought was their intellectual property. Not taking sides, I just wish someone would start printing nice Thoths again so I didn't have to feel the need to hoard them.

\m/ Kat

ravenest

thorhammer said:
I don't know, but maybe try emailing one of the OTO chapters? I'd email the Perth one, but last time I did I discovered he was a pompous ass and would really rather not have to communicate there again.

\m/ Kat
That was unfortunate, the head of the Perth group is (if it's still the same guy) an absolute gem ... and would not be happy with that secretaries response.

In my experience a local Chapter (or Camp, Oasis or Lodge) might not have a clue about anything to do with International HQ projects. I doubt they'd know (unless you contacted Aust. Grand Lodge AND they had a Thoth publishing prog running for Aust - but I seriously doubt that.) OTO Aust. used to have a publishing programme and sell them, but I believe that folded.
What's going on? Have Thoth decks become as rare as rockinghorse droppings?

ravenest

We crossed wires there... silly to have admin beuracracy crap hold up the distribution of decks ... and thats why I hate admin beuracracy !

thorhammer

ravenest said:
That was unfortunate, the head of the Perth group is (if it's still the same guy) an absolute gem ... and would not be happy with that secretaries response.
*shrug* Maybe he is. Maybe it was the head of the group that answered my email . . . either way, it all sounded like I needed to be where I wanted to get with their help before I could ever be deemed worthy of their attention and *gasp* knowledge!

I got the shits and am trying with the Masons :D

\m/ Kat

ravenest

Errrrmmmm ... ya gonna get even more pissed with the Masons - they dont admit women. Unless your smiley means its a joke? Or maybe you just wanna help them? Nowadays they say Masonry has a place for women - make the costumes, banquet dinners, wash up after ... all that :laugh:

maybe co-masons ... but it's theosophical based - dont tell em about your Thoth deck. Our dear old Uncle Al aint too popular with them.

thorhammer

ravenest said:
Errrrmmmm ... ya gonna get even more pissed with the Masons - they dont admit women. Unless your smiley means its a joke? Or maybe you just wanna help them? Nowadays they say Masonry has a place for women - make the costumes, banquet dinners, wash up after ... all that :laugh:

maybe co-masons ... but it's theosophical based - dont tell em about your Thoth deck. Our dear old Uncle Al aint too popular with them.
Yep, co-masons :) We've been through the whole Thelema problem. Interestingly, they didn't even say the name of Him during the emergency interview (I think they were secretly very excited to have such controversy deliver itself onto their doorsteps :D). We've sorted it. We'll see how it goes :)

\m/ Kat