altering your deck? / leaving out a card?

Bernice

Mellifluous said:
I don't alter cards but I take them in and out of non-tarot oracle decks all the time. I just put them somewhere else, because later I may (and often do) change my mind and put them back in.

In my case, it's not for the reason you're doing it, but that hardly matters. It's your deck, so do what you want with it. :)
What Mellifluous says :)

I have found that some oracle decks, with many cards, have images/meanings that are very similar, or maybe there are too many 'people'. But that's just because of the way I read oracles.

The oracle you are concerned about is a Lenormand - I would never remove any cards from this deck because there are only 36 in total, and each card has a variety of meanings depending on what the query is and how the card combinations appear.

The Coffin card is both an end & beginning, therefore much depends on how & where it appears. It could be signal that an unpleasant situation will come to an end.......

Bee :)

ETA: I don't have this particular Lenormand deck. I like the art-style, but not the way the images are depicted.

GryffinSong

I both love and hate this card. If the creepy guy on the bottom were removed, to me it would fit in with the imagery in the rest of the deck and carry the intended messages. With the creepy guy, its just, well, creepy. Totally out of character for this deck, in my not-so-humble opinion.

I'd love to find a way to obliterate him, but cannot think of any way that I'd find acceptable. Some folks have suggested the cross stickers. The cross is already in another card, and I, personally, don't have cross associations that are appropriate to the coffin concept. I simply don't know what possessed the artist to include this nasty character. :( It completely ruins what would otherwise be a fine looking card.