Working with Labradorite

Padma

CelticN! So glad you could join us! :)

I did notice that some Labradorite can look muddy and dark, until you put it in the light. That is when you get the "sheen" effect called Labradoressence, which looks like a play of Northern Lights across the top of the surface. My ring stone has very little of that essense, but still has a peacock blue flash running over it when the light hits it - otherwise it just looks grey and black, with lines running through it.

My pendant looks like pictures of the moon becoming full - a bright green crescent on one side, and then bluish in the middle, then black on the other side :) and my bracelet has bright green on one stone, bright blue on the middle stone, and a dab of gold on the second and third stone.

That is really cool about the lack of hunger that both CelticN and DownwardS are experiencing - I am having the same kind of feeling. :) Wasn't sure if it was the migraine doing that, or the stone. That's ok though, I could stand to lose a few pounds! :laugh:

I will be very interested to see how it affects you today, CelticN :)

I had an odd dream last night, dreamt I had written a best seller book, then as I was bringing it to a freind, so she could read it, I happened upon a store that the owner had not locked when she left. The door was wide open, so my friend and I stayed and guarded the store against thieves until the owner could arrive. As Labradorite is meant primarily as a stone of protection, I could see this as a sign that I am quite capable of guarding myself, or that I need to do so, one or the other...I thought, the book and the store together were like a written message from the stone, that what I have is of value, and to guard it well.

woke up feeling well-rested, so that was awesome! We shall see what it does today - I have asked the stone to give me better clairvoyance and clairaudience. I tried to meditate with it last night, but the only images I received were of a door opening - although that is promising in and of itself! :)

Padma

:( Nothing today to report, really - except that every single hour, I looked at the clock and it was 11 past the hour ;p

The only other thing I can think of was that my inner voice was louder, as in my intuitive voice - I was looking at stuff on ebay, and it kept telling me, "no! Don't buy that, you'll regret it!" And it was stuff I thought I would really like, too! ;p So I didn't buy it.

And once today I thought I heard someone call my name. Only she was talking to a man, so that couldn't have been it! lol! And I have a pretty rare name...

No energy, though. Crash.

DownwardSpiral

more of my experiences

I last visited 33 mins ago : )

CN I'm so glad to see you've joined us : ) I would say give your stone a chance.....I just held mine under the lightbulb and it looks like rutilated quartz...just a little darker. In the sunlight I have to turn it to catch the glimses of aqua. (It's beauty really is hidden.)

The 11s are still coming through for me too.....and I've noticed 8:11 has come through all 3 days. And the 3s are coming through for me as well....particularly the number 13.

Last night I decided to try meditating with this crystal : ) I put my stone above my head and almost instantly could feel the vibration running through my body. This was interesting! I could see black with little white dots that reminded me of stars and then little half circles of color....and an occasional flash of color here and there. I saw a huge flash of lightning as well. I felt like my body was moving but I couldn't tell if I was moving up or down. I got so cold I had to cover myself with a blanket and my legs kept jerking....like when your starting to fall asleep and you suddenly jerk. So I finally bent my knees. Every so often I would see a quick "flash" of a scene. One I remember was of a commercial building a couple stories high but there wasn't a roof and I fell through it. I also remember streets with cars parked along the side but the streets didn't look familiar. Some of the flashes were so quick I'm not sure what I was seeing. Very colorful.

I've been putting my stone in my pillowcase at night but so far no dreams and last night I told my stone...."nothing scary."

This morning I woke up 1/2 hour early and tried but couldn't fall back asleep. Today I didn't have that spacey feeling but I have noticed my emotions have been amped up. And sound continues to be amped up as well.

On the way to work I was trying to think of something to ask my crystal and then I kept changing my question. One of the questions I had asked was if this crystal had anything significant to show me. Labradorite packs a punch. Right in the middle of leaving a very emotional voicemail I had the biggest AH-HA moment....the point I was trying to make to my friend......out of nowhere it hit me why it was upsetting me so much.

And while having a very emotional afternoon I saw this....."everyone hits bumps in the road"

Education seemed to be screaming at me today.I'm almost afraid to ask it about what.

Padma

that is fascinating, DownwardS! As usual, your posts are so meaningful and so full of interesting details - you certainly are a very observant person! :)

I also meditated with my Labradorite last night, holding the pendant in one hand, and with my other hand wrapped around the ring and the pendant-hand. I felt like I was falling very quickly, like falling off a diving board, and I was smashing into images at a hundred miles an hour - all of them coming so thick and fast I had no time to look at them.

It felt like being on one of those rides that go fast and images pop out at you really quickly, then disappear before you can really register what you saw, you know?

I slept deeply and dreamlessly.

I have also noticed the stone is helping me to curb not only appetite, but have lost my desire for my daily cocktail, so iI am really quite pleased about that! :)

I am also finding that my mind is moving away from day to day thinking, and looking for more meaningful, or spiritual conversations...and I am noticing small details a lot more.

It also still makes my throat feel really weird, the pendant rests right at the base of my throat, and the chain is not tight, so it is not impeding my breathing or anything, but it feels like I am wearing a shield or a pectoral like the Egyptian High Priests used to wear...and my throat keeps moving as though I am trying to talk. That is a really odd sensation, and completely involuntary! ;p

Noodle

Hello, New to the forum and probably shouldn't be posting yet but wanted to share this. I am new to tarot as I explain in my intro here if you care to read.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3158110#post3158110

Anyway yesterday I stop at the crystal store to see if they had the book I was looking for and while I was there I was drawn to a certain rock. I love rocks so not terribly unusual for me. Anyway I ask what it is and am told Labrodorite. Means nothing to me but I like it so pick one and buy it. It was not until this morning when I saw this thread that I found out what it was used for. Kinda made my hair stand up a little. Anyway, Sorry for the interruption, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Padma

ok. As I was walking the dogs today, I had some recall of my meditation. It suddenly occurred to me that I was seeing things from my childhood. I have been recently thinking of both of my deceased parents, who were both Taurean May babies. (try growing up with two bulls for parents! lol)

Anyways - make a long story short - I began thinking about my childhood again. Something must have happened that was very meaningful to me at the time, otherwise why I am being drawn back...? I haven't thought about it for a long time indeed. So that is one thing...

Then we passed a tiny, and ancient, burial ground. It is all fenced off. I suddenly had this massive desire to go in it and the largest tombstone seemed to be drawing me in. But I had my dogs, and so I thought it would not be right to bring them in there. Disrespectful, like.

As I passed the cemetary, staring at that big tombstone that was calling me, I thought of my deceased parents, and also about my husband, who is alive but has a dangerous job. Just as I did so, a hearse turned the corner off of this desolate country road I was walking on, and drove slowly past us, and the graveyard, headed to town. It seemed to be moving extra slowly...and it was odd, very odd, to see a hearse in the middle of freaking nowhere! This road is not used very much at all, and usually only by commercial long-haul trucks...

I think the timing of it all kind of threw me for a loop - and I became immediately aware of "serendipity and synchronicity", the title given to Labradorite's main properties. Gave me shivers...I am not afraid of death, nor do I find it creepy, but the timing was odd, and it all felt "staged" - almost like a dream sequence, or a scene in a movie.

I might be removing the Labradorite later, I will see how I am feeling...that was a bit intense. I am also afraid that removing it will prevent me from seeing something or understanding something I need to know! ;p

Padma

Hello, New to the forum and probably shouldn't be posting yet but wanted to share this. I am new to tarot as I explain in my intro here if you care to read.

Anyway yesterday I stop at the crystal store to see if they had the book I was looking for and while I was there I was drawn to a certain rock. I love rocks so not terribly unusual for me. Anyway I ask what it is and am told Labrodorite. Means nothing to me but I like it so pick one and buy it. It was not until this morning when I saw this thread that I found out what it was used for. Kinda made my hair stand up a little. Anyway, Sorry for the interruption, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Noodle, please feel free to comment on using your Labradorite :) I was just talking of it's "serendipity and synchronicity" :) This thread, and all the crystal study threads, are open to all who wish to comment on the use of the crystal in question, and their experiences with it...post away!

DownwardSpiral

This crystal means business! Just because your new doesn't mean you can't post : )
I'm new to crystals...does that count? Please do share your experiences here as we would love to see if your experiences are similar to ours.

by the way...welcome to AT : )

DownwardSpiral

Lotus just read your posts. That's really interesting about your meditation. My flashes were few and far but I know what you mean about them happening quickly. One flash repeated itself 3 times in a row but I couldn't figure out the significance.

So much is happening I only remember because I literally have a piece of paper in my pocket and I'm constantly scribbling on it. And then I have to remember what is what I scribbled supposed to mean : )

That would freak me out about the grave yard and the hearse. And then it makes me think of your dream the other night where you climbed out of the coffin. But I'm getting the feeling something in your life is about to end or simply transform and your ready to take the next step. And that the crystal is telling you to be prepared. You could always put the labradorite away for a few days (or only wear one piece of it) and then if/or when your ready to work with it...then you could take it back out.

You could always ask your crystal to show you what the next step will be. For me if something suddenly catches my eye......I'll write it down. After a few notes I'll start to see a pattern that I would otherwise miss.

I'm finding if you ask this crystal a question......it's very direct in giving an answer back.

DownwardSpiral

DownwardS, I was quite amazed with your messages and the friend episode. I am glad he finally understood you...I also thought the messages might have been from your angels...?

Then you'll be even more amazed when I tell what happened today...I've been in tears most of the day : (

I meant to get back to this last night. Yes some of my messages I got the feeling were from the Angels....especially with the 11s still coming through.

Some writings I noticed yesterday where....

enterprise
oh thank heaven
soaring to excellence

And when I saw the maintenance man this time he said "sometimes I want to help you."

And then today this is what caught my eye.....

I heard someone say "don't panick" and this was followed by someone asking me "do you need some help to open doors?"

Then a car had just pulled up beside me and I sneezed. The passenger gave me a very loud "bless you."

I also saw.....take on today
total rewards
let's connect again soon
positive peer pressure
we specialize in custom
and
why have things changed now?

So I have to say this sounds like the Angels.

Also I haven't looked up the number yet but everyday for the last 4 days I see the number 811. And this is every morning...8:11 AM