Storing the faeries

floracove

Oooh!
Yay!
Sounds promising!
I may have to find some to print out first though...

Khatruman

As just posted in other thread

My Faerie Oracle cards are currently hanging out with my Fairy Ring Oracle cards in a Crown Royal bag: purple felt with drawstring. I am thinking of moving them to a Royal Salute bag I have. The previous owner was a bottle of 20 Year Old Royal Salute scotch which markets for about $250 to $300. I think they deserve that luxury... what do you think? :D

Khatruman

Follow up: OUCH!

Buggers!!!!

Ok, I decided that the Faeries needed a new bag, so I did as I said I would: transfer them to the Royal Salute bag, quite a prestigious bag. As I got ready to take them out of the Crown Royal bag, I was thinking about how they might be upset with me then... OUCH!... a nip and I look at my fingertip and there is the slightest little annoying paper cut there... one bit me!!! I thought about lining them up and finding out just who the culprit was, and why.

I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to go in irate and do this, so instead I slipped them in the bag and figured to do a reading, find out, more importantly the reason for the act of displeasure. Was it an annoyance at my ignorance of them, of my putting them in that bag, of my moving them, of my putting the two decks together?????? Questions, questions, and I know the Fae simply do not like to give straightforward answers.

Well, I guess I will figure this one out... OUCH!! hitting those W's gets right on that little cut...grrrrrrrrrrrr..

Peace!

Genna

My Fairies´Oracle cards were in a silken scarf in a bag.
Now,I also decorate boxes,and I started decorating a little wooden box with cut-outs of postage stamp large prints of Brian Froud´s fairy paintings from the Artists UK Catalogue.I had first painted it golden,and I used Royal Coat Finish for glue and finish.I simply thought I had come up with a smart way to save those little pictures.
Of course my cards are there now,with a silken scarf ,and my special fairy rock crystal.I think they planned this all along.

Alissa

Khatruman, I'm QUITE interested in what your Fae have to tell you about the recent nip! Lawdy, but They are full of mischief aren't They?

Mine have been cozy in Their own hand spun, hand knit bag that I made for Them.

sagitarian

bossy bossy...lol

Oh boy do I understand some of these posts here! I thought you were all crazy or something when I first went through this thread, before I had this deck. I can only sympathize with you all now as I have bossy fae too, and very picky on their home.

The other day, as they were yelling at me to find them SOMETHING to transport them in, as they want to be with me all the time, and that big huge, boring box just didn't cut it. SO, I decided to go out shopping. The first shop I headed to (believe it or not) was a gamers shop (large dice bags was where I was goin here). I saw a nice green silk/velvet bag that they said was OK, but they wanted me to look around some more. So I hit two more shops. The first shop didn't have ANYTHING they liked. Went to the next shop, another metaphysical shop, and they had the same silk/velvet dark green bag the gamer shop had ($2 more at the metaphysical shop). So I told them, look guys, it's this or nothing for now. So they said "ok fine, but WE get to decorate it". I agreed to this. So I got the bag, and it's just too plain jane for them. I told them that I would keep my eye out for trinkets and things, and for them to let me know if they see something they want.

Today, my husband and I took the kids to the Renasiance festival. I took the fae with me. They were VERY drawn to one shop, I HAD to go there. Only you guys here understand this concept, everyone else thinks I'm crazy. In any case...laughs...went to the shop. They had little jewels hanging from a clasp, very unusual I thought, that they'd be hanging from an actual clasp, perfect for clasping them on the drawstrings. I heard the fae SCREAM at me that they wanted two of them. Some wanted the blue one, and the others wanted the red one. I told them I could only get 1. Then the thought crossed my mind to try and make a deal. They were $7 each, so I offered $10 for 2 in cash. The owner said no deal. So I shrugged, knowing they couldn't agree, and left the store. Close to closing, I HAD to go there again. I kept telling them unless they've agreed on which one, I can't buy them both. I had to go anyways. A different girl was working as the cashier. I told her my dilema, and that I wanted them both but can't decide. She asked "what did you want them for?" I thought, ok, here it goes, what's to loose?

me: "I want them for my tarot bag"

her: "REALLY, That is an AWESOME idea, never thought of that, that is SOOOO cool." as she jumps up and down in delight at my idea. and then asked "what deck is it for?"

me: "for the faery oracle deck by brian froud and jessica macbeth" proceded to pull out the deck.

her: "that is such an awesome idea, if there is another stone that they want, then I'll go in the back and make it right now for you."

me: "no, it's not that, it's that some of the fae want the blue, and the others want the red, and they can't come to an agreement on just one. EArlier I was here and offered ten for both, but all I got is $9 now"

her: "tell you what, if you let me steal your idea, then I'll upfront you the rest"

me: "REALLY?"

her: "yes"

me: "OK...THANK you so much, and my fae thank you too"

She was also wearing a set of fae wings on her back. And the instant that she started doing the sale, she was so happy, and hoping about, she accidentally knocked off a few earrings, and fumbled with some other things. Really I think it was some of the fae playing with her, their way of saying thanks.

I can't help but to think that they had something to do with this coincedence! LAUGHS! So they are much happier. But they want a pin or something, they want to decorate it more with trinkets and things, but they really like the jewels. I've asked if they want me to keep looking for another bag instead, they said, no this is fine, we just want to decorate it. LAUGHS. They are fun, and BOSSY!

Athara

Lol, it can be annoying sometimes, can't it? It's great (for you and themselves) that they 'manipulated' the store girl ;). Did she have the Froud Fae herself? That'd explain a lot, for she'd know that once the Fae's made up their mind, there's no changing ;)

Jewel

*roflmao* Sagitarian that is hillarious. And you are right ... most people think we are crazy until they share the experience. Such a loss for those who choose not to :D

sagitarian

Our band wagon...LAUGHS

Athara said:
Lol, it can be annoying sometimes, can't it? It's great (for you and themselves) that they 'manipulated' the store girl ;). Did she have the Froud Fae herself? That'd explain a lot, for she'd know that once the Fae's made up their mind, there's no changing ;)

Well, smiles, I definitely feel EXTREMELY awkward when I say "My faerie oracle deck wants it" I mean, I can understand the cashiers point of view (or whom ever) to really think I'm nuts and lost it, but I really try to "explain" my position in another way. Instead of saying "they" want it I say "I" want to decorate my tarot bag, or what have you. It was difficult to express this when looking for the bag itself, trying to avoid "well, my deck doesn't like it"...LAUGHS.

The store girl didn't have the Froud Fae YET, but she EXPRESSED how BADLY she wanted it. A guy who worked there, he had the deck and ignores it. She even said that she can tell that they are not happy with him b/c of it.

Somehow I think she is starting to understand already the essence of the Froud Fae by her saying that she completely understood, and thought that it was awesome that I communicated to them so much and obliged them too. She said that she would have to as well, she's saving the money to get them, and can't wait. So another one is going to bite the dust soon, LAUGHS, and be another that joins our strange band wagon.

Jewel

too bad that the guy who ignores the deck doesn't just sell it to the girl who wants it at a discounted price.