A new de-enabling thread

cardlady22

stormdancer339 said:
I've even heard of some very sick puppies :joke: actually buying a lightbox to better illuminate the images...:bugeyed:

*tucking my tail and whimpering because I actually went out to price one*
Lucky for me, the shelf at Michael's was empty that day!

Stormdancer

cardlady22 said:
*tucking my tail and whimpering because I actually went out to price one*
Lucky for me, the shelf at Michael's was empty that day!

LOL...and so how much were those light boxes??? You can add that to the price of the deck...for further de-enabling of course!!!

Stormdancer

cardlady22

light box 'accessory' for the Transparent

The shelf tag price was over $100! Dick Blick's site shows one that's about 12 x 16 with a list price in the 90's.

Don't forget extra bulbs at about $8.

Stormdancer

Transparent de-enabling....

cardlady22 said:
The shelf tag price was over $100! Dick Blick's site shows one that's about 12 x 16 with a list price in the 90's.

Don't forget extra bulbs at about $8.

HOLY CRAP!!! Now see...there ya go...add that into the price and the deck is WAY too expensive and ...NEEDY....

Stormdancer

nisaba

Juliana said:
I'm back to thinking if I only get one more deck, my collection will be complete. Silly me. I just got the Deviant Moon tarot and I'm waiting for the Dante tarot to show up in the mail, but now I NEED the Transparent Tarot. I swear, after that I'm done. Well, and maybe the Alchemical too. And then I'm done. I swear. :D
But you realise, once you've got those, someone will publish another one ...

magpie9

I have to agree with Debra and sravana on this. Good on you, Debra, to blow the whistle. I'm as guilty as anyone else. I think it started with a bit of kidding around, but like a bike with no brakes, got out of control going downhill too fast.
I've been eying the round Marseilles from Argentina...I really want it, but I think it would be a bit foolish economically...and I have other new decks. I wanna don' wanna it.
Any help out there?

Debra

That round Marseille is kinda gimmicky, don't you think? The whole point of Marseille decks is tradition, in my opinion, unless you're going for a whacked-out update which is a whole other story. This one is Neither Fish Nor Fowl. Let it pass, especially since it will bite a giant round hole in your bank balance and you clearly know that would be a Wrong Move.

And I apologize, too, for jumping on the *nod nod wink wink* bandwagon a couple of days ago. It's tempting, which is why it Must Not Happen Here Ever Ever Again.

thorhammer

First, agree with Debra on the thread. Maybe a fresh start, with a fresh thread? It's about *time* as far as post count goes :)

Second, on the topic of the round TdM - yes, gimmicky. Also, from what I've seen, it's garish and brightly coloured - kind of like the rotund French-Argentinian Great-Aunt of the Miss Cleo.

Now, who feels like buying that one now? :D

\m/ Kat

jackdaw*

In the interest of helping haul this thread back on track ...

I'm looking with big sad puppy-dog eyes at the Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot at alida. I'm intrigued and tempted.

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't have it? Debra, I'm looking at yooooouuuu ... :)

Alta

ohmigoodness, I want it as well, but I can see a couple of reasons to talk you out of it. I think that Ric discussed that Huson wanted to sharpen the colours and in so doing took a lot of the detail out of the darker areas. I think that is unfortunate. Also to me the colours are pretty intense, makes it a touch childish looking. I am still going to get it but do see that. ETA: any really good de-enabling will talk me out of it, I am borderline on this one myself.

Also at the very least wait until it crosses the pond. It will save on postage and also give you time to re-consider.

Any help?