A new de-enabling thread

baba-prague

gregory said:
I wouldn't have it myself if I weren't mad.

Please can I steal that quote? It would come in handy on so many occasions.

gregory

baba-prague said:
Please can I steal that quote? It would come in handy on so many occasions.
Please do ! It fits a number of decks I own - notably the Charmed and the Power Animal..... Which deenable THEMSELVES !

Cat*

I'm not in an immediate danger of buying it, but I'm still a little tempted...

So, would you please tell me what's dislikable about Thea's Tarot?

Also, if it came to a decision between that and the Light and Shadow (which I've asked about here before), which one would be a more regrettable buy (and why)?

It seems I really want a black-and-white deck, and I do seem to like that woodcut/papercut style... (Please PM if you know of an even better b/w deck that tops both of them...)

gregory

If you MUST buy one - which of course you shouldn't - I think you would regret Thea's more.

That's all I will say, so as not to encourage anything :D

Le Fanu

I presume the title Pentacle Amazon is used ironically? Is it a comedy deck?

gregory

Le Fanu said:
I presume the title Pentacle Amazon is used ironically? Is it a comedy deck?
I wish it were funny :(

Aerin

Cat* said:

You look at the pictures and need to ask what isn't to like? I mean, that swords lady. I mean, ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Bleargh. It's just UGLY.

Also, if it came to a decision between that and the Light and Shadow (which I've asked about here before), which one would be a more regrettable buy (and why)?

It seems I really want a black-and-white deck, and I do seem to like that woodcut/papercut style... (Please PM if you know of an even better b/w deck that tops both of them...)

I have the Light and Shadow. The cards are large and difficult to hold. BUT at least I don't have to go UGH!!!! when I look at them. Even if they are pretty much impossible to shuffle and the cardstock isn't great.

Aerin

ps other decks would kill your bank balance. I refuse to pm you. Don't ask.

Le Fanu

Maybe this should be in the Oracle De-enabling, but this thread gets more passing trade...

Please try and de-enable me from Les Vieux Jours Lenormand. That one for sale in the Etsy shop. I´ll probably end up buying it anyway at some point as it is really very pretty and we all know it is and Ive never really, truly been successfully de-enabled here (difficult customer, huh?). However, it´s worth a shot here if I can be de-enabled for a few more weeks...

Yes it´s expensive, yes they sting you with customs charges if you´re in Europe and yes I have quite a few other Lenormands and love them all and do use them. But this one has so much atmosphere...

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
Maybe this should be in the Oracle De-enabling, but this thread gets more passing trade...

Please try and de-enable me from Les Vieux Jours Lenormand. That one for sale in the Etsy shop. I´ll probably end up buying it anyway at some point as it is really very pretty and we all know it is and Ive never really, truly been successfully de-enabled here (difficult customer, huh?). However, it´s worth a shot here if I can be de-enabled for a few more weeks...

Yes it´s expensive, yes they sting you with customs charges if you´re in Europe and yes I have quite a few other Lenormands and love them all and do use them. But this one has so much atmosphere...
It starts in post 912, when I innocently asked where one could get that etsy lenormand.

ETA - no, that's not the place. I'm still searching.

ETA2 - look at post 915, and then tell me you want that deck!

nisaba

gregoryAnd it certainly wasn't the Cicero GD. You don't want that. You extremely don't. I wouldn't have it myself if I weren't mad.[/QUOTE said:
And you are, so you do. I quite understand. <beams spurious compassion at Gregory>