Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

willowy

It will take a long time until I get this deck into my greedy hands - I'll have it sent to my mother in the EU and I won't be there until August :-( The shipping, the shipping!

I have read every shred on AT and on the net on the Tyldwick, have studied the pictures online... there is hardly another deck that has fascinated me but also irritated me. Why is everything so dusty? so fuzzy? so ambiguous? I understand that this lack of crisp clear images is exactly the special thing about this deck.

I can read with other decks that have no human presence. I hope I'll be able to make sense of this beautiful deck. It's one of the craziest ideas in tarot history, without a doubt - and again so wonderful to see that you can find the archetypes and stories of tarot everywhere, under the sea, among spiderwebs, in the museum or in space, and also in lonely, forgotten rooms... the other Malpertuis decks are thrillingly innovative, too.

Well I'm sure now that I ordered it a large mainstream publisher will throw an affordable edition on the market :joke:

Hope you love it.Theres a matching lenormand that's been tempting me,but I promised myself no more lenormand decks cause I always end up going with Gilded reverie by Ciro anyway.
I know what you mean with mainstream publishers,I brought wild unknown first edition in a panic and then afew months later 😁

SaturnCeleste

It will take a long time until I get this deck into my greedy hands - I'll have it sent to my mother in the EU and I won't be there until August :-( The shipping, the shipping!

I have read every shred on AT and on the net on the Tyldwick, have studied the pictures online... there is hardly another deck that has fascinated me but also irritated me. Why is everything so dusty? so fuzzy? so ambiguous? I understand that this lack of crisp clear images is exactly the special thing about this deck.

I can read with other decks that have no human presence. I hope I'll be able to make sense of this beautiful deck. It's one of the craziest ideas in tarot history, without a doubt - and again so wonderful to see that you can find the archetypes and stories of tarot everywhere, under the sea, among spiderwebs, in the museum or in space, and also in lonely, forgotten rooms... the other Malpertuis decks are thrillingly innovative, too.

Well I'm sure now that I ordered it a large mainstream publisher will throw an affordable edition on the market :joke:

Nemia, I have the Tyldwick. To de-enable it, the cards are very difficult to see. My eyes are not the best anymore and I use a magnifying glass on many of the images. And the colors blend so well that nothing really stands out. I recommend this deck if you are highly intuitive, it certainly isn't for a beginner.

To enable it, I love the deck for finding things. I've used the deck multiple times looking for something and the deck often points me in the right direction. I also use it in combination with the Secret Language of Color oracle to see what colors might be close to the missing object. This combo works great! I got the deck because I'm a sims player and very much into rooms and decor. The deck offers so many wonderful rooms and gardens! The deck is also wonderful to fine tune your intuition and to journal with. Every single time I look at the cards I always find more in the images and it's very exciting!

I'm glad I have it now because at this point in my life, I would never be able to afford it again. Before shelling out the money though, think twice if your vision is not that good.

EDIT: Nemia, I notice you said you purchased it already. I too look forward to one of your reviews on the deck! That will be amazing. Enjoy the deck, with your experience, I'm sure you will! :D

Lisa Myobun

I love everything you're saying here. So completely eager to hear your thoughts when you have it in hand.

Penthasilia

Crystal Visions

They say that everything old becomes new again- or something like that...

Thoughts on the Crystal Visions? I had this a while ago and got rid of it with a huge deck purge as I wanted things that were different..

That being said- I have a collection of very different decks, and realized that most of them have varying art and concepts that don't make them... well- easy readers. I love them, and will definitely use them- but some days I just want something not so cerebral.

Sometimes, you just want a non-thinking deck that is pretty pictures and just easy to read and negotiate, still some depth, but not so much you are wracking your brain about it.

I seem to remember that about the CV- honestly I didn't have it long so hard to remember.

So- pros, cons- especially from people who have had it, used it, etc.

MysticMoonlight

Crystal Visions

To enable: It reads very, very well...honest, straight-forward and to the point. It's RWS, and it's beautiful. It has a feminine, receptive feel about it to me that makes it a calming/soothing deck to use. I LOVE to use this deck on rainy days, it just fits the mood so perfectly. I think the card stock is great. Not thin but not too thick, just right.

Disable: It's very purple. If same-y color themes in a deck bother you, you may not like it so much. As I mentioned it has a feminine feel (to me), so again, if that isn't your jive....but then again, you may not get that from the deck at all.
It's quite slick...lamination wise. When I first got the deck, it was sliding all over the place. Not so much now though.

Penthasilia

Thanks! Good to know about the lamination- I am vaguely remembering that piece but I got rid of it before I wore it off last go round. Nice to know that settles down.

And purple is my favorite color, and I don't mind the feminine feel either. So those aren't huge deterrents for me. Good to know about the clear and accurate readings- that is what I am looking for.

G6

Crystal Visions Tarot

Thanks! Good to know about the lamination- I am vaguely remembering that piece but I got rid of it before I wore it off last go round. Nice to know that settles down.

And purple is my favorite color, and I don't mind the feminine feel either. So those aren't huge deterrents for me. Good to know about the clear and accurate readings- that is what I am looking for.

I have one from 2011. It's USG printed in Italy hence the lamination. It does have a feminine fairytale vibe. Unicorns, dragons, crystals, enchanted places, all the depictions seem like Disneyesque characters. I haven't really used it. Got it in the trade thread on a whim. People say it's a good beginner deck.

BeyondtheVeil

Crystal Visions

Thoughts on the Crystal Visions? I had this a while ago and got rid of it with a huge deck purge as I wanted things that were different..

That being said- I have a collection of very different decks, and realized that most of them have varying art and concepts that don't make them... well- easy readers. I love them, and will definitely use them- but some days I just want something not so cerebral.

Sometimes, you just want a non-thinking deck that is pretty pictures and just easy to read and negotiate, still some depth, but not so much you are wracking your brain about it.

I seem to remember that about the CV- honestly I didn't have it long so hard to remember.

Pros- It is gorgeous! Even the backs are pretty! I was initially drawn to the deck because of how pretty it is. Unfortunately, when it first came into my hands I wasn't sure how I felt about reading with it. I had a family member that begged for it, so I gave it to them. I ended up buying my own copy a year or two later. I really wished I would have just taken the time to really look at it when I first bought it.

It is easy to read. I use it for readings where I need a quick answer as well as for longer readings. It is my go to deck that always goes with me when I travel. I even learned to find lost objects with it.

So, I only have great things to say. :heart: It is a very easy reading deck imho.

There's my enabling.... hope you love it! :thumbsup:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

CharlotteK

I almost got rid of my CV deck a while ago, but kept it and I am REALLY glad I did. It's purpleness is a definite pro for me, but I do love purple. It's an easy reading deck. I've trimmed the white borders off and am edging it in pink, to enhance the feminine vibe as I've realised it is one of the few I have. Many of my decks are darker, more male, more symbol heavy or quite animalistic. There's certainly a time and a place for a deck like this. :)

Penthasilia

Thanks for the replies everyone- I do think I will go for it. Sometimes, you just need easy. :D