Vision Quest - Seven of Air

Soaring Eagle

Description: There are seven feathers tied to a staff. The background is of rocks, and distant mountains. There are seven birds flying in the sky.

Significant Details: The feathers symbolize the journey you have made on your spiritual path. The birds are flying away, perhaps a storm comes? The rocks, rather than showing stability, seem to show a sense of aloneness. The top of the staff is broken, possibly signifying the past mental/spiritual issues we have gone through.

My Interpretation: You are discouraged, probably by your own thoughts, your loneliness. There may be money troubles that are worrying you. Try to think positive. You are expecting the worst, have negative expectations, perhaps you feel discouraged. You fear the unknown, your illusions are collapsing.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The purple represents wisdom, protection, and spirit contact. Maybe all of the purple in this card is reminding us that we are protected and that we need to spiritually grow? As the birds are flying away, I get a sense of deep loneliness, this is a time to work on spiritual matters.

When I compare the 7(Futility) to the 6(Clarity) and 8(Interference) I feel loneliness. We have left a time of clarity and are about to enter a time where others will interfere in our mental/spiritual life. Right now we may feel negative, have negative thoughts. As this card is not as bright as the 6, nor as dark as the 8, we still have hope that things will work out.

divinegoddess

Numerology Reference: 7 - Challenges, Victory, Exploration, Insight, Independence, Reflection, Assessment, Motives, Spirituality, Wisdom, Perfect Order

Keywords*: Futility, negative expectations, discouragement, rigid thought patterns, survival fears, resistance to the inner emptiness, fear of the unknown, collapse of illusions

Inner message*: If we don’t become keenly aware of them, the behavior patterns we grew up with continue to dominate our life. The fear of being inadequate, unable to accomplish anything worthwile, is usually a hang-over from the past. Recognize that the negative thoughts tormenting you over and over again, truly have nothing to do with your present situation.

Outward manifestation*: If you wallow in your negativity long enough, it should come as no surprise that you attract what you fear the most. Then even the outside world will oblige you by getting more scary! As long as you don’t know how to get out of a trouble-spot, keep quiet. Inaction is better than any action on your part now. A deeper understanding arises through patience and forgiveness, especially when it comes to yourself.

*From the LWB

divinegoddess

My Interpretation: You might be frustrated, discouraged or feel a sense of loneliness. You’re going through an inner storm. This is reflected on the outside, you may be fighting a loved one or having other sorts of issues. Center yourself again, try to find balance. Look for the positive aspects of things. But what ever you do, never give up! It is a strength to paddle through even when the roughtimes hit, be determined to finish what you have started. Always remember, this too shall pass.

I feel a sense of frustration. Frustration of things not working or going the way you planned them to. I literally almost quit at this point to write my own interpretation, or any thoughts. I feel that the birds are there yet again, coming, getting closer to be fed by you. How ever it is that you feel inside, it always reflects on the outside, and the birds are constantly on the look out.

What bird feathers are these? Life is a rollercoaster, one moment we’re okay and content, the next we’re feeding the black birds with our fears.