What Oracle decks do you consider must haves?

LadyofDreams

i saw how many times it has been mentioned already, but I have to say it again... The Faeries Oracle is definately the one I would call the best.

always,

~lady~

huredriel

I've only just got mine, but I have to say Dreaming in Color: Luman Deck by Mindy Hope Sommers. It's absolutely fantastic and just blows me away.

x Huredriel

Annabelle

Just before I joined here at ATF, a local bookstore had piles of the Druid Animal Oracle and the Greenman Tree Oracle decks on clearance, for only a few dollars a piece. At the time I admired them, but then thought "what do I need an oracle deck for, anyway?" ...and I didn't buy them.

After reading this thread, I could just kick myself...repeatedly. I should have bought them both--they sound wonderful!

Anyway, of the oracle decks that I own, I would say the Fairy Ring is the best and is the one that I would whole-heartedly recommend to just about anyone. I'm not generally the sort of person who wants to see any fairies in my tarot and/or oracle decks...but the Fairy Ring oracle surprised me, in that I've loved it from the first moment I took it out of the box. It's beautiful, and it's easy to read with, and the book is very helpful.

A close second is the Mana cards set...again, I fell in love with these cards as soon as I took them out of the box. Beautiful cards, good book....this deck is wonderful for personal readings. I highly recommend it.

Hazelsdottir

At the moment, I'd have to say it's the Beasts of Albion deck by Miranda Gray. I just love it.

Lillie

Beasts of Albion?I saw that for sale recently,but I didn't knowanything about it.
Good, is it?

I have Froud's fairies
And a couple of lenormand decks with poems on.
Also some rune cards by Caroline Smith. (Not the recent Tarot/rune deck, but a little freebie 24 card deck from years ago.)

The thing with the Lenormand cards, I keep seeing them for sale, and they are all different, What's with that then?
And is there any way of doing them where you don't use the whole deck?
See, I don't see so good, and if I lay them all out I can't see them at all.
I am getting Titanias, cos I know they are the same and I reckon even I could see them from a couple of feet away.
But I'd like to use the proper ones, if there is a smaller spread.
I am hoping the book with Titanias will tell me more.

I want Endoras, but I havn't got them yet, no money.
Also, I see soe called 'Madame Legnas' Anyone know about them?

SunChariot

Lillie said:
I want Endoras, but I havn't got them yet, no money.
Also, I see soe called 'Madame Legnas' Anyone know about them?

Never heard of Madame Legnas, but I do have the Madame Endora ones. I find they have been very accurate for me. And I find them handy sometimes when I just want a quick bit of advice but don't want to do a reading, and analysing all the imagery in depth.... As the short version of the meaning is on the front, sometimes I just pull a card fast for advice and it works too. It's the only deck that lets you do that, but it does work that way too.

Although of course a more in depth reading gives more depth. The artwork is quite pretty too.:)

Bar

PS Also have the Dreaming in Color deck, and I have the Faeries Oracle coming soon in the mail.:)

SunChariot

Having just received my Faeries Oracle yesterday, I am totally in love with it already. I can see it is a must have deck. I would say the same about my Dreaming in Color. I really do like my Madame Endora deck. I love all my decks, but I am not sure it is a must have....It is handy, and fun, and I would miss it but of the three....not AS necessary as the other two.

Bar

Elven

Which to choose!!!!

Hi All ...

I am biased, no doubt, because of all the oracle decks I have I adore the wisdom of the Sabian Symbols by Linda Hill. These are an astrological based oracle but I use them in conjunction with Tarot for a 'final say'. They are great by themselves as well. There are 360 symol meanings, which you can get by mixing the 12 astrological signs and the 30 degree cards. I've not had a bad reading with them yet.

I also like, and use, my Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams and David Carson. I think the drawings are amazing and I love the colours. These cards I find great for using with Life path readings.

I have a deck of Dream Cards which I find intuiging: The Dream Cards by Strephon Kaplan-Williams. I have used the Wisdom cards in this deck more so than the picture cards. They have been helpful with my dreams, but I need to study the cards a little more. I thinks its good to have one great set of cards to interpret dreams. I would like to get another set to add to these though.

I am now interested in the Faeries Oracle Deck. I think this will be the next deck I buy after all the comments here!

Blessings
Elven

SunChariot

Elven said:
Hi All ...

I am now interested in the Faeries Oracle Deck. I think this will be the next deck I buy after all the comments here!

Blessings
Elven

I just got the Faeries Oracle this week, and I fell instantly in love with it. I am sure you will too. The artwork is stunning which is important to me when I buy a deck. I was unsure about it when I ordered it. I found some of the images a bit frightening, but as soon as I got it I fell deeply in love with it. Just after reading the hard cover book that comes with the deck I have become so fascinated with the topic I have gone out and ordered two other books written by the artist of the deck (Brian Froud) on faeries. I also received the bool "Good Faeries/Bad Faeries". It is just a stunning book. After completing that I just ordered his previous book "Faeries".

The deck seems to give me something my others (I have 12 now) don't, something I seemed to need but didn't recognize it till I saw it. I use Tarot to read for myself 99% of the time, for self-exploration, enlightenment, to draw me closer to the universe everyone in it....This deck seems to me to have a great sense of humour. It seems to encourage laughter, which is something we can always use in life.:)

And it may sound strange, but the cards (the faeries on them) often seem to represent pyschological traits we may have in us, like jeolousy...I find it could be helpful to somehow put an image to them and see them as something apart from ourselves so we could deal with them rationally as such. And his books do tell you how to deal with these characters/traits/faeires both the positive and the negative effectively. How to send the negative ones packing and embrace the positive ones.

According to the author in Good Faeries/Bad Faeries:
"In early Greece, the Neoplatists wrote of the Anima Mundi (or world's soul), which mediates between the ultimate divininty adn the mundane sensory world--just as the human soul mediates between the body and the spirit. ...The human soul flows into and is part of the world soul: there is no barrier between our essential selves and teh world's self. Faeries, being denizens of the world's soul and thus also of our own, exist in both the outer world of nature and the inner world of the mind. "

I somehow have a sense that this will not soon become my favourite deck. :)

Bar

lark

SunChariot said:
And it may sound strange, but the cards (the faeries on them) often seem to represent pyschological traits we may have in us, like jeolousy...I find it could be helpful to somehow put an image to them and see them as something apart from ourselves so we could deal with them rationally as such. And his books do tell you how to deal with these characters/traits/faeires both the positive and the negative effectively. How to send the negative ones packing and embrace the positive ones.
So very true.
So very wise.
And so very well put SunChariot.
Exactly my feeling on the Faeries too.