Tarot Spread Books

Scarletred

Need a little help here, I'm looking for a good Tarot Book Spread and I'm not sure which books are the best out there. I'm new with tarot cards and its kind of confusing to differentiate good books with a bad ones... Can anyone help me please..
Thanks

cybercat

book reviews

Scarletred at the top of the AT forum on the right there is a button called books. There you will find reviews on many books. Also check amazon.om for reviews on ones that you are interested in. I can not give any help on spread books for I do not own any Yet.

Cat

rainwolf

I dont really like any books specifically designed for spreads. I find all my spreads in books that are about tarot, that is made by the author. You can search online, theres one site with a ton of them. Aeclectic also has a thread on them, and there are a lot there also.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=31867

Scion

Hey Scarlet,

A couple things come to mind.

Tarot Tells the Tale by James Ricklef is a fantastic read and is essentially a primer on the 3-card spread with tons of variations and terrific insight into reading the cards as well. Unbelievable what you can dig out of 3 cards and Ricklef made me a 3 card maniac. :D Highly recommended. You can check out the Aeclectic review here.

Power Tarot by Vega & Macgregor is more than solely spread-focussed, but it contains over 100 spreads for practically any situation. You can read the Aeclectic review here.

Or try Illustrated Tarot Spreads by Pielmeier & Schirner, which is "78 Spreads for Personal Discovery" and has some nice workable stuff in its pages.

And to bust the whole thing open for yourself you might take a look at Michelsen's Designing Your Own Tarot Spreads which not only contains cool sample spreads, but gives a terrific overview that will help you create your own. And again, its review on Aeclectic is here.

But for a starting point I'd recommend Ricklef's Tarot Tells the Tale as a superb hands-on intro.

Hope this helps.

Scion

Emily

Hi Scarletred,

I have a couple of tarot spread books but to be honest I've found good spreads on Aeclectic or by searching online. I use these spreads much more than the ones in the two books.

If you put 'tarot spreads' into a search engine like google then it should take you to some good links. :)

Majecot

Hi Scarletred This is probably by far the best resource for tarot spreads you can find, and best yet it is free ;)

The only book that I have that is just tarot spreads is The Complete Book of Tarot Spreads by Berger and Fiebig, and I actually even use it on occasion, but Mostly I just wing it.

Scarletred

Thank you

I want to thank all of you guys for the help. I try to be crative with spreads and it works.

Leeloo

Actually I had just posted this on another thread, but "Power Tarot" has tons of spreads and info in it. They go from little two card spreads up to huge ones...

Phantom Goddess

I recommend Power Tarot also, that book has helped me out a lot, and it's cheap also. :)