the book of tarot by susan gerulskis estes

new2angels

does anyone have this book,i have just ordered it what is it like,thanks.

Emily

Hi new2angels,

I have the book to - its a good companion for the deck. It not a very thick or big book but it does give you good info on the deck. It points out details in the deck that isn't on the RWS, such as the colours used and some details in the artwork, there is extra symbolism in the Morgan Greer. Its the kind of book that you tend to read and the info goes in and you remember it, it doesn't go into lengthy chapters - but its enough to give you a kick-start to learning.

I was researching online for tarot symbolism within days of getting the Morgan Greer. Also there is a couple of tarot dictionaries you can buy, I have one called 'Spiritual Tarot' that uses the Morgan Greer, the RWS and the Aquarian (I think - book is not to hand lol) - it compares there three decks - but any book on the RWS can be used with the Morgan Greer, for a while anyway. :)

NightWing

Another Opinion

I'm afraid I didn't think this book very good value for the money. It is strictly for beginners, and there are a lot of other beginners' books out there that are more comprehensive, and will give you material to use over a longer period of time, as you grow in tarot. This was disappointing, and I was sorry I bought it.

martyn_uk

I have this book too..it was included with the Morgan Greer deck/book set.
It's ok if you don't know much about the tarot but it's very basic and rather dated now.

A more comprehensive book for a beginner is Tarot-Plain and simple by Anthony Lewis.
This book is more modern and and gives detailed information about each individual card.

Martyn.