Make Your Own Tarot Screensaver

Shade

Hi there, I posted instructions on doing this in another thread but I thought I should take the time to really explain the process. It is really simple and I'm sure most people already know all of this but I thought if I was going to do it I ought to be thorough.

In Windows XP you have the option of making your own screensaver slideshow out of pictures you have saed in a folder. I used this to make an Oswald Wirth tarot screensaver.

First you need to find large images of the cards you want to appear in your screensaver. Most of the images shown in reviews are too small to really fill up the screen the way you wil want for a screensaver. If ound nice large images of an early version of the Oswald Wirth deck here:

http://www.chez.com/alkast/wirth_jeu_1927.html

for something more modern (the cosmic tribe tarot) try:

http://www.stevee.com/pages/t.fs.html

I created a folder on my desktop (right-click on desktop, scroll down to "new" and select folder). I opened each tarot picture and right-click saved it into the folder. I opened the properties menu br right-clicking on the desktop again and selecting "properties". I clicked the tab marked "screen saver". In the list of choices I selected "My pictures slideshow. I clicked "settings", then browse and chose the folder the pictures were saved in. I clicked ok and bada bing badda boom, tarot screensaver.

jmd

For those interested, on a Mac running OS X, the process is simple:

From the Dock or the Apple menu select System Preferences, from that window click on ScreenSaver, then simply drag as many or as few images as you like... and choose even how quickly you want them to appear.

...end of instruction ;)

Moonbow

Thankyou Shade

I now have a Rohrig screensaver. :D I had done this with my whole pictures file before but never just limited it to a few, this is much better.

WolfyJames

For those who don't have Windows XP or Mac OSX, I suggest Picture and Sound Show, it's free and small but very powerful.

Emeraldgirl

Thanks everyone. Will definately give this one a go :)

Strange2

Thanks, Shade, this is very cool! You taught this old computer geek a new trick.