the two of pentacles

ravenest

For some reason, and I cant for the life of me think why, I think the snakes head is in Kether and thats why it has that crown.

Why do you suggest Luna?

rogue

What represents Change better than the moon?

ravenest

My girlfriend.:laugh:

But one could also say that the Sun is a symbol of constancy (even though it IS always changing) and the only constant thing I've ever discovered is that everything changes.

rogue

now you're just being silly rave

Grigori

ravenest said:
For some reason, and I cant for the life of me think why, I think the snakes head is in Kether and thats why it has that crown.

I think Crowley says that about it, but I can't find the reference now :rolleyes: And I think he (or someone talking about him... ) also says that the snake represents Chokmah also, as a snake is a symbol of "wisdom". Can't find that reference either. Not even in Duquette. So you'll just have to take my word for it :laugh: Someone says it somewhere! :D

rogue

that's from genesis

Grigori

hehe Sorry I didn't explain that very well. The snake is a symbol of wisdom because of the genesis story. But somewhere I read a tarot reference saying that is specifically why the snake appears on the 2 of disks. Come to think about it, the snake is copied from the GD decks anyways, so it might have been in a book on the GD tarots, and not specific to the Thoth. *shrugs*

Alta

I do not think that the snake is symbol of wisdom because of the Garden of Eden story. It is the 'tempter', or some such, in that story.

The snake symbolizes wisdom here:

Matthew 10:16: I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

rogue

In Genesis the serpent is the messenger of wisdom. The tree/fruit is the wisdom, Jehovah's creator. Jehovah just didn't want us superceding him.

Alta

lampkin said:
In Genesis the serpent is the messenger of wisdom. The tree/fruit is the wisdom, Jehovah's creator. Jehovah just didn't want us superceding him.
oookaaay, if you say so. ;)