Kabbalah and Crowley tarot

Don SiSi

Hi everyone

I wont to ask a question about the middel ( tree of live) pillar called the Pillar of Equilibrium.

When I look at the 10 of cups in the Crowley tarot deck I see that Kether is sending his energy to every sefirot but only the sefirots of the middle pillar shine as well. The others from the female and male side just take the energy of Kether.

For me the meaning of the card is that we obtain something and that we see that we are with it nor satisfied. How can I combine this meaning with the picture of the shining sefriots. I also see the card as false emotions.

The first idea which I had was that the person went the quick way, “the middle pillar” and made out of this fast way a wrong decision because he didn’t include the wisdom of the other pillars.

I would appreciate any help to understand more the picture of the card..

Greetings

Don SiSi

I thought a bit about the problem and I have an idea why it is like that.
As I'm far beyond being a expert in kaballah this can be nonsense.

The Middel Pillar consests out of the sephira Kether (Crown), Tiphareth (Beauty), Yesod (Foundation) and Malkuth (Kingdom).

When we take a look at the picture only the middle pillar is activated and interact with each other. The other two pillars stay inactive.

In the middle there is Tiphareth but what is wisdom without beauty and beauty without wisdom becomes empty and shallow.

The foundation with no superstruction is meaningless as well as a superstruction with no foundation wont convince anyone.

What I won’t to say that in this card is shown that we are attracted by a beauty without any sole and got the gift without any work. This leads to the feeling that the gift is meaningless to us and that when achieved we don’t wont it any more

Dose this interpretation of the picture make any sense?

Perdurabo

nice observation, I did not even notice that only the middle pillar cups are overflowing. Good insights :)

Walter

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law!

Hello Don SiSi,

The Middle Pillar is not the quick way, but the path where there's an equilibrium. This equilibrium can't be possible if the male and female side of the Tree of life aren't imbedded, which is quite a trick.

The Ace of Cups is a card where one cup overflows, while in the ten of Cups all ten of the cups overflow. The message is the same in both: it overflows because it wants to create new life. In Ten of Cups you have everything you want but you don't know what to do with it and before you know it you're only busy with doing things you've always done. It's a warning: walk new paths. You have a lot of everything, so put in good use... explore new worlds.

The Ace of Cups is the start of everything, the Ten of Cups the end of everything. But that's a new start in itself. Oneness became Everything and now Everything has to be brought back to Oneness.

Love is the law, love under will.

Walter