astrology study group

AJ

Thank you Dave and Minderwiz, for your input re: schools.

Back to the drawing board...

olivia1

214red said:
there are alot of questions to consider, i do think the basics of the planets etc can be read in a book, however putting it all together tends to be the issue i have. so it might be better as some have suggested to start a monthly topic, and then for us all to chip in to how it relates to us, perhaps a planet a month?

agreed. If you want to do that, let me know. I just got my book Understanding The Birth Chart by Kevin Burk. It is absolutely fascinating. I just know I'm going to be studying Astrology (through books and online forums) for years to come. It would be great to share ideas with others.

214red

well looks like people are interested, even if its only a handful.

I am happy to start the topics for discussion monthly, if the more experienced of us like mindwiz, and Dave etc would be happy to chip in to our discussions?

so now we need to agree on what level we aim at, shall we start at planets in houses? perhaps the first topic would be the sun through the houses?

Let me know what you think

Minderwiz

Given that you'r doing your own monthly studies and are willing to lead the discussion, can I suggest you do it to fit in with your own 'challenges' - without trying to get us to do your homework LOL.

That way you're going to get something back, for your efforts. If Sun through the houses fits in with that, or you find that a particularly interesting topic go ahead.

Remember though, it presumes some knowledge of the construction of a chart and also of possible house systems, so be prepared to deal with those topics

franniee

I'm in. I've been lurking. :D I have a moderate understanding but I am sure there are big holes!! :) So start where you want to 214red and we'll adjust?

faerieluca

I'm in as well. Put me in the absolute beginner category though.

olivia1

faerieluca said:
I'm in as well. Put me in the absolute beginner category though.

ditto. something to advanced will just lose me...

saleeneh

Hi I am in.. I am an absolute beginner but willing to put work in! Just need to be given the directions.

thanks

214red

cool, we will find a common ground, i will when i get my laptop fixed , the HDD is broken and typing on my iphone is difficult

AmethystEyes

I'd love to do this. Astrology fascinates be am I am still a beginner, just the basics.