Another Lurker in the wings

WizardOfNines

Hi, I'm a newbie to the Tarot but not to this [path]. I will be [looking] around in this forum because I have found [that this is] the area of tarot that draws me.

I [now have bought myself] a THOTH deck and will be studying it [with the help of those in this forum] and will post any questions I can't find answers to.

My experience has been in the Sufi tradition. I am an initiate of the Rahaniat order [which is no longer functioning in the US] and have been practicing for nearly 20 years (off and on) and the Sufi Qabalah (didn't know it existed before today) is where I want to concentrate and especially on the connection to the "Tree of Life". I hope that makes sense.

Trouble is there is very little information on the sufi qabalah, let alone its connection with tarot or the THOTH deck. I would really appreciate any help in finding information on this line of study.

I don't know how to use the search engine very well but I thought I asked the question right - perhaps not.

[I have been searching but so far have found nothing. I found the reference to sufi qabalah in R.J. Stewart's 'The Miracle Tree'. Even he gives no bibiographic references.]

Thanks, Wasir.

JulieG

Hey Wasir - welcome to the forum.

Can't help you myself on the Sufi Qabalah - mainly as I am still a learner myself on the Qabalah in general, and because I am not familiar with that strain of Qabalah either. I do hope you will find help here though. I've got so much from this forum myself - everyone is really helpful and there is so much information here.

Like you, I am into Thoth - my deck of choice - as well as Rider Waite (Universal and general). I tend to buy any deck that takes my fancy but Thoth and RW are my basic decks.

Have fun here Wasir.

WizardOfNines

The lurker moves on

I don't want to spend too much time spinning my wheels on the Sufi aspect of the cabala/qabalah/kabala however it's spelled.

I have started my practice readings using the THOTH deck and have gotten some amazing readings. I have so much study to do and already the fruit is sweet.

I don't know about readings for others, but readings I do for myself are helping my study.

Last night before I went to sleep I went through the deck one card at a time so that when I slept I would have all those images to mull over in my mind. I plan to do this in the future but for one card a night in the future. I am excited with the possibilities.

I am keeping a journal with everything that's going on (physically, mentally and spiritually) and a record book off all my readings. It's a great adventure and I want to keep track of my tracks. (Sort of reminds me of "Footprints in the Sand")

My readings so far say this is the time and place for this and I know it's so true. WOW, this is so neat.

Wasir.

WizardOfNines

Change of ID

I am in the process of changing my forum ID from wasir to Wizard Of Nines (WizardOf9s). It's taking me a while to get settled in and I'm sorry for any confusion.

If the truth be known, nobody will probably notice.

There is a lot of busy work going on right now because I am in the midst of accumulating information and tools.

Thanks for your patience,

Wizard Of Nines