Psychic Tarot Oracle Deck

sunflowr

MoonGypsy said:
i have to admit i agree about the Death card...:bugeyed: It IS pretty lame.

I got the deck with a Borders card, and I love the artwork on much of the deck, but there's some that are bothering me. Like for intance.. I think it's the 5 of Physical. The hand. How does that denote changes and financial loss? Can you help me figure it out?

What are your favorite cards? I like the Fool alot, because she looks alot like me and Fool is my soul card! :)

TarotDreamer

Sunflower,
My take on the 5 of Physical is that your circumstances are changing, which is based on the four different surfaces in the background. It might even suggest a change in environment, which is again a reference to the background.
I associate hands with work and activity, so when I first saw this card, I got the impression of "having a hand in the situation." Things might be the way they are as a result of something you may have done. If it were to show up in a position in a spread connected to other people, it might refer to someone's actions that create a change in circumstances.
As I work with this deck, I am coming up with associations and interpretations I probably wouldn't come up with otherwise.

As to favorite cards, I like them all so much; in my opinion, there's not a bad card in the bunch (I even like the Death card!). Cards that seem to really speak to me have been Fertility, Disruption, Authority, Solitude, Balance, Shadow, and New Beginnings, all of which are Majors. From the Minors: 5 of Spiritual, 2 of Emotional, 7 of Emotional, and 7 of Mental.

I used the deck to do a reading for someone today (all the readings up to this point have been for myself). She so loved the cards that she told me this was the only deck she wanted me to use when I read for her. I was very pleased with the way they read, and how clear the information had come through. It really is shaping up to become one of my favorite decks--and I've only had it for four days now!

James

Asher

TarotDreamer said:
I was very pleased with the way they read, and how clear the information had come through. It really is shaping up to become one of my favorite decks--and I've only had it for four days now!

James

Nice to hear, James! I will be using my deck for the 1st time at tomorrow's Tarot Circle. I think it will be a big hit. I love the artwork, too and there are no cards that I truly dislike.

I enjoyed your take on the 5 of Physical, too.

Asher

Cactus

Psychic Tarot by John Holland

This is a repost of the one I did before the crash.

I'm curious to see if anyone is familiar with this deck. It just came out and I got it right away. I LOVE it. It's similar to a tarot deck except it has different pics and it has key words.

It doesn't have court cards and instead it has chakra cards. It is wonderful!!!

If you aren't familiar with it, please check it out on his website (where there's a link to his myspace) or go to Amazon.com!!

Cactus

Well, I just posted a thread on the Oracles forum just like yours, Asher. I didn't know this thread existed (another member provided a link to this).

I love the deck, too. I also was eagerly awaiting it when I read about it on John Holland's website. I really like it.

It's Tarot AND an Oracle. No courts make every single reading meaningful. I get the meaning right away and know that it's my intuitive, correct meaning because I don't have court cards to stop me in my tracks and make me start analyzing.

LOVE the deck!!!

Cactus

Thanks, Bodhran. I did a search for post about the deck but nothing came up. Maybe my search was done before that post but I didn't think it was more than 2 weeks ago.

BodhiSeed

It is sort of a quandary about how to list it. It's based on the tarot, but I believe (like the Oracle Tarot), there are no court cards, but it also eliminates the "Ten" cards and adds seven chakra cards. I'm on the fence about this one, so I'll be keeping up with others who post their comments about it.:)

HearthCricket

I finally was able to see the whole deck in person. It is nicely done and packaged nicely, as well. Bright colours and strong images. The thing that turned me away from it is that the people were predominantly male. With all the angel and fairy decks and very feminine oriented ones, I found this refreshing for the men who love tarot and oracles, but for me it, at present, is a no buy. I will look it over again when I go to that store, but for now it isn't speaking to me.

Aulruna

Just a quick note to let everyone know that this thread, formerly residing in Tarot decks, and the one started by Cactus have been combined into one to avoid confusion.

Oracle Moderators
Sheri & Aulruna