Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle

HearthCricket

I got it and I LOVE it! This is right up there with the Dragonfae, and that says a lot! I tucked my Dragonfae aside, for a bit, as I have been using it ever since it came out. I adore it. There are some differences, but here is the scoop.

The cards are basically the same size as the Dragonfae and just as stunning. Where the Dragonfae was full of bright jewel tones and dark blues and blacks, this deck is predominantly more earthy tones and gentle looking. But don't let that fool you. The messages have a lot of depth to them and I love Lucy Cavendish's style of writing. She just completely draws you into a magical world that allows you to connect, question, and heal on various levels. The box is large, like a slightly thinner version of a Llewellyn box and that is my only gripe. No nice compact inner box, like the Dragonfae size, to keep my cards in, so I have to find a bag. Big drawback. The book is also the size of some of the Llewellyn ones, like Sacred Circle, Fairy Ring, etc. I like it as the paper quality is better and there is nice information on how to work with the fae in the beginning. The oracle itself is really wonderful. There is a lot of depth and insight and beautiful images to work with. I think a lot of fairy lovers are going to go nutty for this one! I know I am! :heart:

moderndayruth

Congrats, HC! I am so happy for you! :heart: :heart: :heart:

... and i can totally see myself getting WW asap! :D

Soothsayer

This deck has been hovering near the top of my wish list for a while now. Recently, I think I have heard the faeries calling to me; I keep seeing movement out of the corner of my eye, but when I turn to get a closer look, whatever it was has gone. I think that certain mischievous little faeries are playing with me. I will have to get this deck soon and formally invite the faeries into my life. Perhaps then they will start to behave. Then again....

:)

souljourney

This is one I want also so that is really cool!

Myrrha

HearthCricket said:
The box is large, like a slightly thinner version of a Llewellyn box and that is my only gripe. No nice compact inner box, like the Dragonfae size, to keep my cards in, so I have to find a bag. Big drawback.

I haven't tried this myself yet, just found out about it.

http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/tuckbox.cgi

It is a template for how to make a box that fits your cards. It doesn't look like it would be difficult. If you cut it out of lightweight cardstock it would be sturdy enough to protect the cards.

stargazer

I really like the look of this deck too-love all things fairy. :)

HearthCricket

Myrrha said:
I haven't tried this myself yet, just found out about it.

http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/tuckbox.cgi

It is a template for how to make a box that fits your cards. It doesn't look like it would be difficult. If you cut it out of lightweight cardstock it would be sturdy enough to protect the cards.

Instead I took advantage of the opportunity and ordered a bunch of cloths and bags from Tarot Totes that should be perfect with it! :D

Soothsayer

HearthCricket, which bag/case did you order for the Faeries Oracle? I love their padded cases.

HearthCricket

Soothsayer said:
HearthCricket, which bag/case did you order for the Faeries Oracle? I love their padded cases.

Oh gosh. Um... I got a few. Not the padded case ones. Well, got a Halloween one for my Halloween tin (for my purse) but 2 prints had fairies on it and are made for larger, wider decks. These cards are big! You can't put them in just a regular size tarot bag. They won't fit in my Prague bags, either, unfortunately.

faunabay

hmmm....

Are these cards bigger than the Dragonfae?