The Oracle of Visions

Mellaenn

Do you know that feeling you get when a special event like a holiday or a vacation is just around the corner? That's how I feel right now...Ciro is just a few months from the release of his new Oracle of Visions deck and several of us from the local tarot community were treated to a first look at the completed oracle last night.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

This deck is nothing short of amazing in its beauty, its depth and its ease of use. I am also a fan or oracles, but they can be frustrating when they make reference to a line of symbolism with which I may or may not be familiar. I've found that in general with oracles, I need to have the book handy because I've not been able to memorize the meaning of each fairy or goddess, etc.

The Oracle of Visions is not like that at all. Every card depicts a state of the human condition that is clearly expressed by the art. That does not mean that when we as readers look at the cards we will all see the same thing, for the meaning read into each card will certainly vary depending on context, other cards, position and of course that complex and indefinable "something" that is unique to each reader. I predict that this is a deck that will be enjoyed by many people who think that they don't like oracles and even by a fair number of people who don't read tarot or oracles at all.

For more information about the oracle you can check out Ciro's website or you can look for him on Facebook. Here is a link to his website:

Ciro Marchetti - Oracle of Visions

jcwirish

I can't imagine what it must be like to be that talented. His art work is truly beautiful.

BlueDragonfly

Oh, I'm so excited! This is one deck I will be getting as soon as it's released! How fantastic that you got the opportunity of a first look of the completed deck! :D

Mellaenn

BlueDragonfly said:
Oh, I'm so excited! This is one deck I will be getting as soon as it's released! How fantastic that you got the opportunity of a first look of the completed deck! :D
I know; I do feel lucky! But soon everyone will be lucky; just wait until you see this deck....:grin:

autumn star

That is a really beautiful deck. I didn't think that I would like it, but then I took a look at the images on the website, they are really lovely - they have heaps of symbolism and I like that lots of the cards have animals in them in one way or another. Thankyou for the link :)

NikkiB

wow looks fantastic, I shall buy this as soon as it is released as well!!

Garnet*

Oracle of Visions Preview

I was very fortunate to have been invited to preview the Oracle of Visions at Ciro's home. This brilliant deck is unique in that no key words are printed on the cards, thus allowing the symbolism of the art to speak directly on a very personal level. Each card is rich and sumptuous in the glorious fashion that we have all come to expect from Ciro Marchetti. The beauty of the deck is that no prior experience in tarot or other divination is needed and one can begin working with the Oracle of Visions immediately. This also makes it a great gift!

Nina*

Looks stunning!!!

BlueDragonfly

Garnet* said:
I was very fortunate to have been invited to preview the Oracle of Visions at Ciro's home. This brilliant deck is unique in that no key words are printed on the cards, thus allowing the symbolism of the art to speak directly on a very personal level. Each card is rich and sumptuous in the glorious fashion that we have all come to expect from Ciro Marchetti. The beauty of the deck is that no prior experience in tarot or other divination is needed and one can begin working with the Oracle of Visions immediately. This also makes it a great gift!
I forgot to ask, what size are the cards? Not that it matters, I'll be ordering them.

moderndayruth

I think i'll be getting this one; i am not that much into oracles anymore, but Ciro's artwork is exquisite - i'd love to have this one for that reason alone, if not for readings.