Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 5 - #35

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 5
Number: 35

Symbol: A YOUTHFUL WIDOW, FRESH AND SOUL CLEANSED FROM GRIEF, KNEELS AT AN OPEN GRAVE TO RECEIVE THE SECRETS OF ETERNAL LIFE.

MCsea

Solar fire - body part Pharyngeal cavity*
Dr M E Jones ke word - reorientation

Ok being a Christian I really see the whole Good Friday - Easter Sunday repeated here, Jesus rises from the dead, ascends into heaven, The Jewish religion opens to become Christain (at some time after of course with the whole RELIGION thing - but the spirit... this is about spirit) I am sure this 'image' is alive and well in other 'myths and legends and religions' as death and resurrection or change in spirit is archetypal

This image or sabian symbol really to me is all about Re-orientation, two people can stand and view the same image a widow at a grave, one can see only darkness and endings, the other can only see transformation and light.. a re-orinetation of perception?

So this symbol is asking us to change our DIRECTION/perception, gain a fresh orientation... change our set of attitudes and beliefs - thinking OUTSIDE the 'box' or grave.. I have added a poem at the bottom of this post - I just had to..

NOTE: From Wikipedia The pharynx (plural: pharynges) is the combined part of the digestive system and respiratory system of many animals. It is situated immediately posterior to the mouth and nasal cavity, and is cranial to the esophagus, larynx, and trachea. Because both food and air pass through the pharynx, special adaptations are necessary to prevent choking or aspiration when food or liquid is swallowed. In humans the pharynx is important in vocalisation.

Emily Dickinson - Death..

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.

We slowly drove, he knew no haste,
And I had put away
My labor, and my leisure too,
For his civility.

We passed the school, where children strove
At recess, in the ring;
We passed the fields of gazing grain,
We passed the setting sun.

Or rather, he passed us;
The dews grew quivering and chill,
For only gossamer my gown,
My tippet only tulle.

We paused before house that seemed
A swelling of the ground;
The roof was scarcely visible,
The cornice but a mound.

Since then 'tis centuries, and yet each
Feels shorter than the day
I first surmised the horses' heads
Were toward eternity.

Simone

Without having read any book interpretations, the title of this symbol conjurs up an image of someone having learned or willing to learn from loss.

This widow being young, it is most probable that the death of her spouse was untimely, yet she has managed to get over the grief and now looks for the message.

I do not think she is waiting to hear from him - she has let him go, accepted the departure (as usual, when i use the word "accept", i feel like adding: accepted, not resigned to something unalterable, people often tend to confuse them).

This makes me think that maybe the symbol has the message of acceptance rather than resignation, too. Even if my initial thoughts were leading in a slightly different direction.

The message she is looking for is the message of life. Life goes on, and death is part of it. Life does not stop at death - secrets of eternal life...

Resurrection? I don't think she was waiting for him to resurrect in his bodily form, rather she has realised that death in one world means birth into another, the spiral of life moves on and does not come back to the same spot usually...

Just a few thoughts...

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 5 is:

TAURUS 4 ~ A POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW.

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 5 is:

TAURUS 6 ~ A BRIDGE BEING BUILT ACROSS A HIGH NARROW GORGE.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 5 is:

SCORPIO 5 ~ A MASSIVE, UNCHANGED ROCKY SHORE RESISTS THE POUNDING OF THE SEA.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 5 are:

LEO 5 ~ ROCK FORMATIONS TOWERING OVER A DEEP CANYON.

SCORPIO 5 ~ A MASSIVE, UNCHANGED ROCKY SHORE RESISTS THE POUNDING OF THE SEA.

AQUARIUS 5 ~ A COUNCIL OF ANCESTORS HAS BEEN CALLED TO GUIDE A MAN.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 5 are:

CANCER 17 ~ A SEED GROWS INTO KNOWLEDGE AND LIFE.

VIRGO 29 ~ A AMN IS GAINING SECRET KNOWLEDGE FROM AN ANCIENT SCROLL HE IS READING.

SAGITTARIUS 11 ~ IN THE LEFT SECTION OF AN ARCHIAC TEMPLE, A LAMP BURNS IN A CONTAINER SHAPED LIKE A HUMAN BODY.

AQUARIUS 23 ~ A BIG TRAINED BEAR SITTING DOWN AND WAVING ALL ITS PAWS.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Simone
You said -
"Resurrection? I don't think she was waiting for him to resurrect in his bodily form, rather she has realised that death in one world means birth into another, the spiral of life moves on and does not come back to the same spot usually..."

EXACLTY I think resurrection in this symbol means transformation here AND everywhere... in spirit - light

:)

MCsea

Element Geode
Discussion The word geode means earthlike, it a rock with a cavity inside it with beautiful crystals and/or concentric banding. Normally the outside of the geode is limestone, the inside can be made of various crystals – quartz, amethyst, agate or jasper, the rock needs to be opened to see what is inside. Geodes genenrally are for harmony, friendship and intimacy, but specifically, they help guide the spirit from earthly concerns upward. Just the physical ‘looking’ into the geode to see it riches was enough to make this element slide in here, but the spirit and energy match this sabian symbol also. I feel the space within the geode is also important.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 374

tink27

Interesting symbol this one. MCsea, I love your poem by Emily Dickinson

And I agree with Simone...

Simone said:
This widow being young, it is most probable that the death of her spouse was untimely, yet she has managed to get over the grief and now looks for the message.

I used this quote in the Oracle exchange....

He who would create the new must be able to endure the passing of the old in full tranquility Rudolf Steiner

There are so many interpretations to this symbol. One that definitely sticks in my mind is that the soul lives forever but our physical bodies for only a short time. Losing a loved one is so very difficult. Blocked by grief and the burden of pain, we have for a time no interest in anything.....we've forsaken the present to memories of our past.

And if we could hear our loved ones in the stratosphere they'd cry...'I never meant for my passing to be a burden on you...your love and loyalty touches me deeply...grieve yes....but don't abandon yourself....get on with your LIFE'.

We spiral and travel deeper into the darkness, deeper to the heart and the realm of our soul...a tunnel that can be at times a treacherous journey. Near the bridge which we dare cross, we look back, we pause and catch a glimpse of what was, what had been...and in its silence the darkness closes in...with just a little spark to guide us in.

And....

Carlos Castenados, Journey to Ixtlan
The issue of our death is never pressed far enough. Death is the only wise adviser that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you're wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, "I haven't touched you yet."

Purple_scorp, your picture speaks volumes to me...I have been at this place, sitting on the grass and having a conversation with my past. And each time I do , the pain, the guilt, the hurt gets less.....and that tiny little spark burns brighter than before, it lifts my heart with newfound hope.

tink :love: