Celtic Messages by Joules Taylor

Joules

Another something I noticed about this deck is that on several of the cards, there are keywords missing which are featured on the images of the cards in the book. (The Morrigan, Sulis, The Wildwood, The Spring, The Field, The Dolmen, The Bear and The Swan). I guess the book features earlier versions of these cards before they were edited for print?

Greetings.

I'm a little concerned about this. I've checked my own pack, and all of the cards you've mentioned read the same as their illustrations in the book. There are three where the Keywords differ slightly from the text - the Dolmen, the Bear and Sulis, where one of the Keywords is missing from each - but that was done because the background was too dark for them to be easily read, so I opted to lose the term that was covered more broadly by one of the others.

I wonder if different publishers have altered the cards?

pippi

Joules said:
I'm a little concerned about this. I've checked my own pack, and all of the cards you've mentioned read the same as their illustrations in the book. There are three where the Keywords differ slightly from the text - the Dolmen, the Bear and Sulis, where one of the Keywords is missing from each - but that was done because the background was too dark for them to be easily read, so I opted to lose the term that was covered more broadly by one of the others.

I wonder if different publishers have altered the cards?

(Shrugging my clueless shoulders...) I don't know...that's really odd. How many publishers do you have for this deck?

The different publishers would explain how my set smelled to high heaven, while others' didn't. I wonder if the sets sold by One Spirit has the same missing keywords as mine?

Joules

I'm not certain, Pippi. I'm pretty sure there were two different publishers for the UK and US editions: there were possibly two different US publishers for the Book Club and non-Book Club editions. I really don't have anything to do with that side of the business: I write the books, the publisher handles the rest, and it can become quite complicated. (And when it comes to editions in other languages it becomes even more complex!)

Aerin

And finally it arrives...

I love what I see so far. Mine is published by CICO BOOKS.

Aerin

Asher

Just found this set...

at Barnes & Noble today. And have just read through this thread about them. Mine have only a very slight odor and all of my cards have keywords on them. My set is published by Cico.

They were a bit stuck together, but separated quite easily. I like the cardstock and the lamination. They should shuffle well and last a long time. The artwork is delightful and I love the full color book.

The spreads look good, and will work well for both this oracle and tarot decks. This will be a keeper, and one to show off & work with in my Tarot Circle. I like to combine tarot and oracles when I can.

I love this set!

Asher

Sammie

I've had this deck for a while now and like it a lot. Usually, I don't like circular cards that much but these ones shuffle very easily.

There are several posts on my blog that show draws I've made with the Celtic Messages.

Sammie

afrosaxon

Love 'em!

I just got mine the other day, through another AT member, and I am enjoying it! I've done some self-readings and even did a quick 4-card reading (using the Triqueta spread in the book) for someone else...and she said it was pretty accurate!

I have wanted these for a long time, ever since an AT member did a reading for me with them.

These are great cards. Thank you!

T.

ETA: my cards are published by Cico Books as well.

MoonGypsy

Hiya T.!
So very glad to see that you are enjoying your new Celtic Messages deck! :D

Love and Blessings,
"another AT member" :laugh::heart:

divinest

I was given this deck by a girl I used to be friends with. It is truly brilliant, and I used it constantly.

Unfortunately myself and this girl had a big argument, and she made me give the cards back. Once I have the funds, I will be buying the set again, as I miss using it a lot.

It has a great feel to them, and the messages given to me were relevant and accurate. Makes me feel like I should have asked about the girl who gave them, but the fall out was somewhat unexpected. Ah well.

Jannelientje

Ho 'celtic' do you all feel this deck is?
Does it also account for the more dark aspects of celtic life and culture?
Is it more for the 'celtic' wiccan, or would a CR also have interest in this?