Vision Quest Study Group 1 The Medicine Man

bluecaffeine

The Medicine Man stands close to a deer. The medicine man carries a pipe in his hand.The smoke from the pipe goes towards the sky. The medicine man carries a bag with medicine. The deer is a sign for confidence in the eternal powers of the nature. An eagle is fllying in the sky, it is the connection to the power of the Big Ghost.
The Essence: flowing energies, willing to help, experience new things.
The inner message: don't make things too complicated, keep it simple, focus on the simplicity.
outside message: you can do more, than you think.

fairybugg

"Be you all the time."
That is the message of this card for me. To truely experience your greatness you must first be yourself. You cannot be more or less than you already are.

Pepe

You're lost on your way in the middle of the forest, in the middle of knowhere and who shows up?

How did they know how to find you, you're tired, scared, hungry, what ever, one thing is for sure when you see this person, when you fall on this card you

FEEL safe, at peace, relieved and even warmth, all of those negative feelings have gone, you're also eager to know more, to ask questions.. but you must wait. First, to share the pipe and therefore share our love, soul and join together as one.

This person that stands in front of you holds all knowledge and like it has been said by

bluecaffeine

he keeps things simple.
When this card comes out. The answer is in front of you. all you need to do is open you eye... or should I say your heart. connect back to that basic self, that child that carries that natural instinct and intuition.

There is something divine about this medecine man. he don't come accross many very often so hang on to him and listen carefully as his words may be short but every word rings true.

Everything he needs he has around him, in his back and with his connection to nature.

Soaring Eagle

The medicine man is definately connected to nature. I see the pipe as symbolising his connection to the spiritual, and therefore it tells us that we need reaffirm our beliefs. This would also be a good time to gain self-control, just as the medicine man is using self-control. Who wouldn't want to reach out and touch that deer? I think it also shows that your thoughts and energies are in harmony, that you will accomplish your goals.

Maan

like others said. This man knows who he is. He wears the symbols of his personality on him and is proud to show.The pipefor me means that he knows how to manifest the spiritual in the fysical world. He knows how to use the energies surrounding us. His spirit guides are with him. As real and tangible as he ,wich they are for him. He knows how to use their guidance and powers.

The trees surrounding him look like pines. They stay for ever green. Powerfull and durable. I can almost smell them when i look at this card. Together with the pipe and the bite of the cold air and the calls of the bird of prey, this cards gives me a lot of sensory input. I think that also fits with the meaning of the card. The fysical connecting with the spiritual

Soaring Eagle

like others said. This man knows who he is. He wears the symbols of his personality on him and is proud to show.The pipefor me means that he knows how to manifest the spiritual in the fysical world. He knows how to use the energies surrounding us. His spirit guides are with him. As real and tangible as he ,wich they are for him. He knows how to use their guidance and powers.

The trees surrounding him look like pines. They stay for ever green. Powerfull and durable. I can almost smell them when i look at this card. Together with the pipe and the bite of the cold air and the calls of the bird of prey, this cards gives me a lot of sensory input. I think that also fits with the meaning of the card. The fysical connecting with the spiritual

Wow, that is really insightful. You know, I'm so used to the trees being close to me, that I actually never paid them any attention in this card. I am glad you brought them to my attention. Just reading your description, I could also smell the pine trees, and feel the cold of the high mountains where they grow.

Maan

Wow, that is really insightful. You know, I'm so used to the trees being close to me, that I actually never paid them any attention in this card. I am glad you brought them to my attention. Just reading your description, I could also smell the pine trees, and feel the cold of the high mountains where they grow.

thank you...mountains are rather unusual for someone bown and raised in The Netherlands. The flattest country in the world ;-)
Maybe thats why i love mountains...and the cold air It makes me feel alive...and consious of my whole body...something i think fits the Medicine man. He is really aware...aware of his suroundings and his own body

divinegoddess

My personal interpretation:
Wisdom, the leader and the protector, masculine force within all of us, he knows what he’s doing, he’s not becoming but he already is, “simply being”, accomplishing more than you believe, you are much more than you know, becoming aware of your inner power, nature’s laws, openness and clarity of his perception.

Points to ponder:
Does the deer and the Hawk (?) represent his Animal Totems/Spirit Guides? What’s in his bag? Where has he gotten the four feathers? What do the feathers represent? Where is he going to or is he standing still, enjoying the momentum?

Soaring Eagle

The animals are his spirit guides, as you will find many among these cards.

Soaring Eagle

Description: The Medicine Man holds a peace pipe with smoke coming out, he is dressed in tradition clothing, with two feathers in his hair. There is a deer (buck) partially hidden, coming out of the bushes in front of him. An eagle soars in the sky.

Significant Details: The deer (patience) and eagle (connection to the spirit realm) are his spirit guides, they help him along his journey. The medicine bag carries the supplies he will need on his journey. The peace pipe is for his meditation, and the smoke coming out rises to the heavens. The eagle feathers in his hair and on his pipe reflect his growing status.

My Interpretation: You are discovering how to use magic, faith, and will-power to get what you need and desire. Study and practice in a new career or spiritual path that attracts you. Your thoughts and energies flow in harmony to accomplish what needs to be done. This is an excellent time to gain self-control.