Vision Quest Study Group 2 The Medicine Woman

bluecaffeine

The medicine woman is sorrounded by water, and a river seems to flow from her body. In the sky there is a hawk, the messager of the Big Ghost. Above the river that flows from her body there is a sun, but in the background of the card there is a half "lying" moon.
Message: give up your negative thoughts and you can reach personal healing and intuition.

quintessence

It is also a loving encouragement that says, "You cannot out-give the Great Spirit." The more you emulate the Medicine Woman and pour forth from you whatever you have to give, the more you will be supplied. In this action lies all healing, for it is a release from stagnation and illness, and a return to flowing and health.

fairybugg

Above the medicine woman is a Kite. A bird that stand for psyhcic engery and skills. She is in the midst of a vision.

Soaring Eagle

I see the Medicine Womas as meditating, she's in-tune to the spirit world, thus it is a good time to look inside ourselves. It is a good time to set new goals, or to work on goals that we have set aside.

Maan

one of my fauvourite cards of this deck. Its so serene and beautiful.

She is holding a seashell and a feather. Is it sage? Is she cleansing herself form negativity to feel more pure? To make sure what her intuition says is honest and true.
Her body is part of the world but from above. She is outsight looking in.

The sun is fading away and the moon is rising. Somehow that feels significant.

Soaring Eagle

one of my fauvourite cards of this deck. Its so serene and beautiful.

She is holding a seashell and a feather. Is it sage? Is she cleansing herself form negativity to feel more pure? To make sure what her intuition says is honest and true.
Her body is part of the world but from above. She is outsight looking in.

The sun is fading away and the moon is rising. Somehow that feels significant.

I'm not sure what's in the shell, but to me it looks almost liquid.

What I find interesting about the sun and moon together on this card is that I associate the sun as giving hope, good news. The moon, on the other hand, I tend to associate more to meditation, as the moon to me is illusionary, magical. To me, together they mean good magical workings, good meditation. We will be able to see what we need to see, without distractions.

Soaring Eagle

Description: The lower part of the Medicine Woman is transparent showing the river, and valley below. The sun is setting. She holds a feather in one hand and smoking bowl in the other, with the smoke rising to the heavens. A hawk has its wings spread directly behind her head. The moon and stars show in the heavens.

Significant Details: The Sun, Moon, and Stars are all brought together. The smoke rises to the heavens. The eagle with its wings opened, clearly guiding the Medicine Woman on her journey. The Medicine Woman is at peace, in a meditative state, clearly shown by her transparency, and the fact that we can see what is behind her.

My Interpretation: Hidden influences are at work; the future is in the process of being formed and is not ready to fully predict. Ancient knowledge or practical information comes your way. This phase of your life is an appropriate time to practice developing intuition and psychic abilities, to be more introspective. This is an excellent time to make new goals or refine old ones.

divinegoddess

Description: The Medicine Woman is above a river, she has a bowl where smokes goes up to her Eagle spirit guide, on the other hand she has a feather. The sun is setting or rising, the moon is above in the blue starry sky, the sun sets or rises in between mountains. You can see her white aura.

Colors: Blue, purple, orange, white, black, brown

Symbols: Eagle that represents her Great Spirit Guide, the smoke representing the connection to spiritual realms, the feather representing the accomplishment she has earned, the moon represents ending a chapter of your life, and the sun represents starting a new beginning, going on a new journey, there are all elements at present – air (all around her), earth (the mountains), water (the still river) and fire (the smoke of the bowl)

Numerology Reference: Duality, Harmony, Choices, Unity, Balance, duality, a crossroad or choice, partnership

Keywords*: Intuition, soulfulness, your female component, initiation, healing, love for mankind, prophecy and clairvoyance, visionary power.

Inner message*: Medicine Woman symbolizes your feminine powers, the soulfulness within. By flooding you with intuitions, she initiates you into her many mysteries. Among other things, she can start and accelerate healing processes. Once you submit to this energy within you, you will also be healed. Holy comes from healed; wholeness is revealed through healing. Initiation in this case means to be introduced to your own healing powers. These spring from the deepest and highest dimension of our consciousness. Relax, deeply, and a mircaulous healing knowledge will arise spontaneously. The more playful and flexible you when receiving intuitive insights, the more accurate your forecasts will be. The more silently alert you become, the more directly and clearly your intuition speaks to you.

Outer message*: Intuitive powers can affect your life only when you give them enough room to unfold. What Medicine Woman stands for cannot be forced or conjured up. To let her affect the course of your daily life, you must first recognize your negative thought patterns and consciously let them go. Only then will it be possible to drink from the well of intuitive wisdom that is seamlessly connected to the source of all life, wherever it manifests in the universe. The wisdom that arises from the Ground of all Veing is limitless and eternal, indescribable, beyond words. To wake up to it, a lot of attention has to be directed within. To be healed internally, love needs to be found within. Your path is to follow your intuition.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: How did she get to be so wise? How did she learn to heal herself and others?

My Interpretation: She is the Mother Earth to me, she has found peace and love within herself, which she shares with everyone. She has the power to heal, she has not always had it but through healing herself she has learned to heal others, and therefore she has gotten the feather. She is very in touch with her intuition and the Spiritual realm. She listens to the voice within, the voice of the earth. She has found balance.

*Are from the accompanying book for those who have lost it or for some reason or another, don't have it ;)

Soaring Eagle

My Interpretation: She is the Mother Earth to me, she has found peace and love within herself, which she shares with everyone. She has the power to heal, she has not always had it but through healing herself she has learned to heal others, and therefore she has gotten the feather. She is very in touch with her intuition and the Spiritual realm. She listens to the voice within, the voice of the earth. She has found balance.

You really do understand this card. I like how you state that she has found her balance. And also about her learning to heal by healing herself. That is often the case. We learn to help others because we have already helped ourselves.

Very insightful. :) Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

divinegoddess

You really do understand this card. I like how you state that she has found her balance. And also about her learning to heal by healing herself. That is often the case. We learn to help others because we have already helped ourselves.

Very insightful. :) Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Aww, thanks! She speaks the most to me at this point in my life, maybe that is why I understand her so well ;)