Vision Quest - Eight of Water

Soaring Eagle

Description: This card is very dark. There are eight bowls stacked, some broken, none holding water. They are sitting on some pebbles, and there is a very small streamlet running close by.

Significant Details: The black on this card signifies a depression, a standstill, no energy can come near. The bowls, stacked and broken, seem to say that all is gone. The streamlet is flowing, but more from gravity, than from force. There are pebbles, not rocks, which seem to portray the lack of stability.

My Interpretation: Everything is at a standstill. You are overcome with worries, listlessness, possibly depression. There may be some sort of separation in your life. You lack energy.

I feel alone, depressed. There is nothing. There is nothing growing. There is a little brightness, but not much.

These bowls were left, forgotten, possibly they are no longer of importance. They were used, then broken, then forgotten.

When I look at the 7 (Excess), then the 8 (Stagnation), then the 9 (Joy) I notice that the 7 has room for growth, but the 8 is definately lacking growth. The rocks in all three of these cards are almost the same color, but the 9 has more green (growth). When looking at the 8 in this sequence, maybe it is letting us know that we have reached the worst, but that all is not lost? There may be hope if we can control our emotions?

divinegoddess

Numerology Reference: 8 - Movement, Change, Action or Inaction, Accomplishment, Power, Rebirth, Regeneration, Reevaluate

Keywords*: Stagnation, standstill, energy block, strife, worries, listlessness and sadness, depression, separation

Inner message*: Nothing works… at least that’s how it seems right now. Because the free-flow of your energy is blocked by tension, a prolonged inner stiffening, sadness arises along with heaviness and feelings of oppression. Let go of your old, burdensome ideas of who you have to be, or how you have to feel and live your life.

Outward manifestation*: Struggling against the current of our inner life force seems to strengthen the ego for a while, but in reality we merely violate ourselves. If you refuse to pay attention to the pressure your acknoweldged feelings exert within you, the pressures in your outer life will intensify. Sit quietly and let the energy knot soften within you. Move your body, and allow your true feelings to come up to be dispersed. Then your vital forces begin to flow again very quickly.

First Impression: You felt the excess burdening you, now it has come to the point of stagnation, where you can’t take in anything anymore. Go to that inner peace place, where it is very calm, still and quiet. Go to the center of the problem and find yourself again. Find the balance within again. Everything starts from within.

My Interpretation: Everything is at a standstill. You are overcome with worries, listlessness, possibly depression. There may be some sort of separation in your life. You lack energy. Meditate, that might help you finding energy again. Whatever you do, do not lose hope.

*From the LWB

divinegoddess

When I look at the 7 (Excess), then the 8 (Stagnation), then the 9 (Joy) I notice that the 7 has room for growth, but the 8 is definately lacking growth. The rocks in all three of these cards are almost the same color, but the 9 has more green (growth). When looking at the 8 in this sequence, maybe it is letting us know that we have reached the worst, but that all is not lost? There may be hope if we can control our emotions?

I feel that this is a self-made place, you're not letting yourself come out but instead wallow in your sorrow. If we choose to start thinking differently, if we choose to see the situation more hopeful, we will get to Joy (9).

Soaring Eagle

I like your take on this card.