Vision Quest - Three of Air

Soaring Eagle

Description: There are three feathers floating in the air. There are also three birds seen flying high. The clouds are grayish-black and seem to be pouring rain.

Significant Details: One feather is bent, and the other two are bending under the pressure of the high winds. The feathers form a trianle. The three birds are fleeing the approaching storm. The clouds are sending out a storm, although it doesn’t really look like rain. The lightness behind the storm seems to say that the storm will pass.

My Interpretation: You are filled with doubt, anxiety, or worry. You may be confused about, or regret your part in, a problem you are experiencing. You may have a sense of abandonment or of loss.

While looking at this card I can feel the doubt, the mental pressure, that the card implies. I compared this card with the 2 (Inner Peace) and the 4 (Contemplation). It seems natural that after a time of inner peace we may face doubts and then a time of contemplation. Even though this card appears "negative" the 2 and the 4 offer peace, so maybe this card is telling us that we are over-thinking a situation? We only believe that there is a problem, when in reality one does not exist? If the birds were ravens, maybe they are telling us that we need to mentally focus ourselves to gain the spiritual knowledge they bring?

divinegoddess

Keywords*: Doubt, anxiety, uncertainty, fear of loss, worry, confusion, regret, the sense of abandonment

Inner message*: Just because your thoughts incessantly repeat an old, nattering worry-progaram in your head, you need not give up all hope. Give yourself the time to internally take a step away from these whirling thougths. Then you will see for yourself how ‘solidly real’ any thoughts can be. Once you recognize the nature of this thought-program, you have removed yourself from it. The path to inner clarity is mental relaxation – also known as meditation.

Outward manifestation*: As long as you doubt yourself, it’s wiser to remain quiet, instead of jumping on some new distraction, however tempting it may look. Since the fearful mind just swings from one extreme to the other without ever reaching a decision, you better wait for an answer from your heart. Train in the art of being patient. As soon as a certain inner equilibrium has been reached and clarity returns, the new direction reveals itself to you.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: There it is again, blackbird though only its feathers. Everytime we surrender into negative thinking or feel low of ourselves, the blackbird is the first to be there and pick on you. Only you can make it go away. You know you’re better than that..

There is a continuing theme in the 2, 3 and 4 – they all have bit of land present, water and some clouds at present. I think these represent three of the four elements.

My Interpretation: You fill your mind with negative thinking, with doubts and fears. However, never loose hope. Find your inner peace again, I think meditation might help you. Do not make any big business moves or start any new projects at this point. Focus on finding the answer where you can find solitude and peace again.

*From the LWB

divinegoddess

While looking at this card I can feel the doubt, the mental pressure, that the card implies. I compared this card with the 2 (Inner Peace) and the 4 (Contemplation). It seems natural that after a time of inner peace we may face doubts and then a time of contemplation. Even though this card appears "negative" the 2 and the 4 offer peace, so maybe this card is telling us that we are over-thinking a situation? We only believe that there is a problem, when in reality one does not exist? If the birds were ravens, maybe they are telling us that we need to mentally focus ourselves to gain the spiritual knowledge they bring?

Over-thinking to a certain point, yes. Often we start to question ourselves, whether we're good enough. We find ourselves in that circle every so often, too often in my opinion. This is purely self-made, non-existing fear. We need to learn how to deal with this and how to prevent going into this place. I think that's what the birds might be telling.

divinegoddess

Birds of Prey

A song comes to my mind every time I see these black birds approaching. The song is entitled Birds of Prey. The chorus goes something like:

"They watch and they feed
they take what they need
they bite as you bleed
The birds of prey.”

Soaring Eagle

That is so very appropriate for this card.