Vision Quest - Four of Air

Soaring Eagle

Description: There are four large feathers floating in the air above a lake. The full moon is below the feathers.

Significant Details: The four feathers are all pointing in the same direction, they seem to say that peace has returned. The full moon leaves an illusionary effect not only in the sky, but also in the water.

My Interpretation: This is a time for contemplation, not for fast actions. You need some time alone to rest, relax, collect your thoughts. You need to drop out of the rat race.

My Feelings about this card: The blue sky gives a sense of peacefulness, but as it is almost "illusionary" I think that it is saying we need to find peacefulness within ourselves. The green around the lake gives me a sense of growth, mentally and spiritually. The moon is full, reflecting light in the lake, but it is small, almost insignificant.

Thoughts/Points of Reflection: You have left a period of doubting yourself (3 of Air) and are in need of contemplation (4 of Air). If you do not use this time wisely, you will enter a time of fear (5 of Air). The 4 is giving us a break between the 3 (doubt) and 5 (fear), but it could end quickly if we don't use this time to contemplate on our mental and spiritual state.

divinegoddess

Keywords*: Contemplation, pausing, waiting abstaining, not-doing, quietly reflecting, collecting one’s thoughts, dropping out of the rat-race

Inner message*: Doing nothing is most helpful at this point. To truly be quiet, giving everything a rest, without any interferance at all, is one of the greatest artforms. By simply waiting and patiently watching what happens, you will gain the insight that is necessary. A little break from all activity helps you to inwardly detach. This conscious retreat renews your ability to concentrate.

Outward manifestation*: A work project or relationship has now reached a point where a measure of detachment is needed. Frantically trying to keep things going is a waste of your time. Collect yourself inwardly, instead of dissipating energy. You are advised not to take sides, thus getting more deeply inovolved in a conflict. This is an opportunity to realize that certain developments have a positive outcome even without our deliberate input or intervention.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: This card is a very tranquil card. There are yet another set of feathers of another bird species. In each card I see all different birds and their feathers. I mentioned in the previous card that there is a theme between the 2, 3 and 4. Four also has a bit of purple in it, which connects it to the next cards.

My Interpretation: This is a time for contemplation, not for fast actions. You need some time alone to rest, relax, collect your thoughts. You need to drop out of the rat race. You will gain insight on an issue if you sit still. This conscious retreat renews your ability to concentrate. You need detachment of a relationship or a project. Collect yourself inwardly before using all of your strength and energy.

*From the accompanying LWB

divinegoddess

My Feelings about this card: The blue sky gives a sense of peacefulness, but as it is almost "illusionary" I think that it is saying we need to find peacefulness within ourselves. The green around the lake gives me a sense of growth, mentally and spiritually. The moon is full, reflecting light in the lake, but it is small, almost insignificant.

No matter how small the moon, it is there. It also represent illusions, like you mentioned. Since it's so small, could it represent that if we're not careful, there are (small) illusions in the making?