Vision Quest - Eight of Air

Soaring Eagle

Description: There is a raven sitting in the middle of the card, with eight feathers floating around him. The background has a splattering of blue and green.

Significant Details: The raven is a symbol of the creator, a connection to the spirit world. The feathers floating around the raven show that there is a disturbance.

My Interpretation: There are unforeseen obstacles and challenges in your life. You have less energy than normal, possibly due to misgivings and worries.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The feathers floating around the raven could be his own. Thus, the interference could be brought on by his own thoughts. Maybe this signifies that we are creating our own obastacles and challenges? We may have less energy because we are mentally/spiritually tired?

When comparing the 7(Futility) and the 9(Hurt) to the 8(Interference) I notice that the 7 and the nine are more "postive" cards. There is more of a sense of loss in the 8, than in the other two. This card actually makes me think of the XVI (Chaos/Tower) card. But as the Chaos card is brought on by circumstances, I feel that the 8 of Air is brought on by our own mental/spiritual issues.

divinegoddess

Numerology Reference: 8 - Movement, Change, Action or Inaction, Accomplishment, Power, Rebirth, Regeneration, Reevaluate

Keywords*: Interference, interrupted energy flow, inhibitions, being in the head too much, misgivings and worries, stagnant forces, unforeseen obstacles and challenges

Inner message*: Your brain can’t decide for or against anything right now. Actually, there’s no need to solce all your problems at once. Thoughts have their limitations, they get you only so far. Now relax and let everything that threatens to overwhelm you drop off for a moment. Then see what arises.

Outward manifestation*: A situation demands to be cleared up. But there may be obfuscation or a delay caused by unexpected outside interference. Detach! It is wiser to step back. Simply wait what happens. At the moment you are not the only player on that stage. Others may have totally opposing agendas and views. So watch what develops from a certain distance. A delay often reveals a more creative solution. Don’t push for a decision now! From confusion arises only more confusion.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: Why do you keep interfering in your own process? Why do you feed that damn black bird?

My Interpretation: The previous cards was your inner interference and uncertainty, this card represents the outward uncertainty. There may be a delay on your project or work. There will be unforeseen obstacles and challenges coming. You will have less energy than normal, possibly due to misgivings and worries. Everything is solvable, do not lose hope. Detach yourself from everything that is going around you to gain insight what or how you should solve this problem.