Vision Quest - Fire Court Cards

Soaring Eagle

[size=+1]Daughter[/size]

Description: There is a young woman holding a shell with smoke raising into the heavens. The sun is giving off light, but not powerfully so. In the sky you can make out a Thunderbird, who is shooting two forks of lightning in the distant mountains. There are red flowers around the young woman.

Significant Details: The young woman is definitely trying to communicate with the spirit realm, although by the way she holds the shell in her hands, she is obviously inexperienced. She has her back to the sun, thus does not see the Thunderbird in the sky, a symbol of power and strength. The sun is shining, lending a sense of hope or courage to the young woman. The lightning represents action. All of the green of the grass and plants tells us that this is a time of growth.

My Interpretation: You are inspired in your endeavors. Use earnestness and sincerity in your relationships. You are full of hope and courage. You are looking at life with the innocence of youth, seeing things as you would like, and not as they are. You need to be more aware of your surroundings, or you may miss opportunities. You do not want to feel “bound” during this time, you may have a longing for more freedom.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Daughter is sending a message or request to the spirit realm. Perhaps she has encountered a new love, or wants the spirit realm to help her find a new love? She has gone to a place of solitude so that she can send her message privately. She has seen her mother doing the same thing, and now wants to see if she is capable?

[size=+1]Son[/size]

Description: There is a young man sitting on the ground, on his lap he is holding a bow and arrow. He is also holding a story cloth, with the history of his people or maybe his own personal history. He is wearing a breast plate for protection, and armbands on both arms. His face is painted. In the clouds you can make out the Thunderbird.

Significant Details: The breast plate is for protection, and combined with the bow, arrow, armbands, and painting on his face, he is clearly ready to set out on a journey. The story cloth that is on his lap may be representing his people, or it may be his life story up to this point. The thunderbird in the sky is a symbol of power and strength. There is a lot of green in the plants and trees, signifying a period of growth. The red in the armbands and hair bindings give a sense of love.

My Interpretation: You are in a period of creativity. There is a possibility of travel. You want more freedom, it is time for changes. You are filled with strength, passion, and courage; things are improving for you. You may feel slightly confused at this time, due to recent changes, but you have the strength to get through it. You may experience a new love soon.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Son is not afraid, he has a determined look upon his face. He looks as if he is starting out on a journey. Perhaps during this journey he will find his love, his soul-mate?

[size=+1]Mother[/size]

Description: There is a woman sitting in front of a fire, looking at the reader. She is moving the embers in the fire. Behind her is a story cloth that is attached to the wall. It also appears that the “door” is open, that there is another light source.

Significant Details: The story cloth is the history of the woman’s family. She sits, poking or mixing the embers in the fire, just as she would need to “poke” or “stir” us to complete our chores. She has a look of authority on her face. The outside light could be coming from the sun, signifying that all will work out in the end.

My Interpretation: You have the strength and courage to accomplish your tasks. You have felt sure or certain about a situation, trust in yourself, you already know the answer. You may feel compelled to start a new project.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: Why is the Mother stirring the embers? Is she preparing the evening meal? Who is she looking at? Someone in the corner, or at us?

[size=+1]Father[/size]

Description: There is a man shown in native clothing. He has a buffalo hide wrapped around him, and he is carrying his bow and arrow. There is a fire burning in the front, of which we can only see the top of the flames. Behind the man there is a mountain, with a fire burning there. In the sky we see the sun, pouring forth its energy. Also in the sky can be seen a white buffalo and a horse and rider with bow and arrow.

Significant Details: The man, the father, has been out hunting, providing for his family. His obvious success, the buffalo robe, is wrapped around him. He has a look of great intensity on his face. The horse and rider signify his desire, his bold actions to take care of his family. The white buffalo is a symbol of rebirth. The fire seen on the mountain is a signal being sent to the man, maybe from his companion on his journey.

My Interpretation: This is a time where you will have to exercise great will power to accomplish your goals, especially if working with someone else. You may be motivated to take bold actions, to strive for freedom. Do not let impatience and thoughtlessness interfere in your goals. Think things through.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Father has been out hunting, providing for his family. Now, he takes some time to make sure everything is ready before returning. Who is sending the signal from the other mountain?

[size=+2]Overview of the Court Cards of Air:[/size]
These people are a NorthWest people, and thus easy for me to identify with as I come from the same general area.

When I line up these cards, I can tell that they are easily telling a story. The color in each of these cards is a very vibrant orange, lending lots of energy.

The Daughter has ventured off alone to send her message. The son is sitting outside contemplating where he will go on his journey. The mother, ever watchful, is preparing to cook the evening meal. The father is about to return home with his "kill" for dinner.

Perhaps the son is going to search for the daughter? Or is it him sending the smoke signal to the father? Maybe both, he went in search of the daughter, and upon finding her, is now sending a message to the Father?

divinegoddess

DAUGHTER OF FIRE

First Impression: She’s sending a message to the spirit realm, she’s the young and innocent connection between this world and the spirit realm.

Keywords*: Self-actualization, inspirtaion, love, faith, courage, hope, innocence, earnestness and sincerity, also an unwillingness to ‘bind’ yourself

Inner message*: You feel deeply connected to the spirit in all of creation and should praise heaven for your inner realization. Remember that the oneness of existence includes yourself and remains forever intact – notwithstanding what we believe in or think about others. When we realize this oneness and maintain this awareness in our daily lives, we return to our innermost center.

Outward manifestation*: You are able to vibrate in accordance with your rising power. Just tune into your own rhythms now. Trust the force that animates you! It wants to lift you to high heaven like the smoke rising froma bowl of healing herbs. The greater your faith in the secret forces that guide and preserve your existence, the more surefooted will be your journey. Your path lies clearly before you.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Daughter is sending a message or request to the spirit realm. Perhaps she has encountered a new love, or wants the spirit realm to help her find a new love? She has gone to a place of solitude so that she can send her message privately. She has seen her mother doing the same thing, and now wants to see if she is capable?
I think that she has found that she, too, can connect with the spirit realm. She is curious to find out more about it.

My Interpretation: Read Soaring Eagle’s interpretation!

SON OF FIRE

First Impression: He is more secretive to me…he is definitely ready to go on his own journey, battle his own fights. He intimidates me a little.

Keywords*: Courage, passion, creativity, vitality, strength, urge to become free, young love, impetuosity may lead to confusion

Inner message*: A gust of fiery energy, impetus like a summer wind, blows you away and tosses all your preconceived ideas about yourself and life in gereal up into the air. The Son of Fire is a powerful, steadily rising force that wuickens your heart, rekindles your flagging courage and comples you to move on. Be ready to take even the most unusual developments in stride. This is a time where dreams come true!

Outward manifestation*: With the power of this card you succeed without much effort. Your outer circumstances are changing for the better. Obstacles to becoming creative in a new area are removed. One of your deepest desires fulfills itself almost on its own. You feel emboldened by a steadily growing confidence in your abilities. Know you can manifest what you want with this sweepingly enthusiastic conviction.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: What are the lightning bolts behind his head?

MOTHER OF FIRE

First Impression: This Mother is full of pride, courageous and she trusts her own abilities. She also encourages you to do what ever your heart desires. She is not as nurturing as Mothe or Earth.

Keywords*: Trusting oneself, pride, authority, strength, courage, certainty, power to compel and succeed, passion, sometimes arrogance

Inner message*: To grow into genuine maturity is a lifelong endeavor. It won’t happen overnight. We must pass through many valleys and scale as many peaks. This card tells you to remember your inherent strength as you get ready to take your rightful please in life. This enables you to make decisions from a position of truly compelling authority.

Outward manifestation*: Your growing faith in your own path and personal development is now yielding rewads in many areas of your life. This inspires the people close to you to further develop their own trust in themselves. By sharing your experiences and radiating your newly found trust in your abilities, you not only reward yourself but others too.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: Why is the Mother stirring the embers? Is she preparing the evening meal? Who is she looking at? Someone in the corner, or at us?
She wants her family to feel comfortable and warm. This family is not as united as for instance the family of Earth. She is more the authority of the family than the Father is. I think that she is lost in her own thoughts, hence the staring in the fire.

FATHER OF FIRE

First Impression: The father has been on a path of war, he is on his way home. He is known for his bold actions and the protectiveness of his family – no one will disgrace their name. This is one proud family!

Keywords*: Charismatic Visionary, will power, intensity, pioneering work, striving for freedom, bold action, motivation, also impatience and sometimes hasty, thoughtless action

Inner message*: Follow your inner vision while remaining true to your heart. Let your spirit dictate every action! Risk being completely yourself. Despite all human frailty, you are now able to gratefully acknowledge your many talents and use them to inspire other’s participation in new projects.

Outward manifestation*: Time to get cracking! A flaming inner energy is in search of a new, creative outlet. You want to overcome your previous limitations and find new meaning in life. So boldly go ahead and find a truly thrilling enterprise. Just make sure your actions are not just compelling, but accordance with your inttegrity and common sense!

*From the accompanying LWB

Soaring Eagle

SON OF FIRE

First Impression: He is more secretive to me…he is definitely ready to go on his own journey, battle his own fights. He intimidates me a little.

Keywords*: Courage, passion, creativity, vitality, strength, urge to become free, young love, impetuosity may lead to confusion

Inner message*: A gust of fiery energy, impetus like a summer wind, blows you away and tosses all your preconceived ideas about yourself and life in gereal up into the air. The Son of Fire is a powerful, steadily rising force that wuickens your heart, rekindles your flagging courage and comples you to move on. Be ready to take even the most unusual developments in stride. This is a time where dreams come true!

Outward manifestation*: With the power of this card you succeed without much effort. Your outer circumstances are changing for the better. Obstacles to becoming creative in a new area are removed. One of your deepest desires fulfills itself almost on its own. You feel emboldened by a steadily growing confidence in your abilities. Know you can manifest what you want with this sweepingly enthusiastic conviction.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: What are the lightning bolts behind his head?

The lightning bolts are obstacles possibly. A storm approaches. Maybe they could be rapid changes that haven't reached us yet?

divinegoddess

The lightning bolts are obstacles possibly. A storm approaches. Maybe they could be rapid changes that haven't reached us yet?

I like your take on that one :)