Vision Quest - Water Court Cards

Soaring Eagle

[size=+1]Daughter[/size]

Description: There is a young girl standing in a pool of water, the pool seems to be in the middle of a field. Behind the young woman the distant mountains, sky, and crescent moon take on an illusionary effect.

Significant Details: The young woman has a look on her face as if she is thinking deeply. In her hands, she is holding a bowl of water, which she is spilling back into the pool, and onto her clothing. The illusionary effect of the mountains, sky and moon suggest an enchantment. The green grass, and green water, give me a sense of growing emotionally.

My Interpretation: You may experience a new romance or deep affection. You may also experience an emotional pain if you allow yourself to fall into the illusions of love, and not experience it fully. This is a good time to take up an artistic pursuit, to be creative.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: Perhaps the young woman is pondering a new love interest? Maybe someone who has recently come into her life? Or is she wishing that this new love interest were attainable?

[size=+1]Son[/size]

Description: It is nighttime, and a young man stands in a river, looking into a shell which he is holding. There are trees coming down to meet the river. The full moon is in the sky, as is the Aurora Borealis.

Significant Details: The man is looking at the shell with tenderness, almost as if he is looking at his “love”. The night sky seems to give a sense of creativity, of illusions becoming real. There is green in the trees and water suggesting this is a time of emotional growth.

My Interpretation: You may feel a certain charm or attractive power coming from someone of the opposite sex. This is a time of creativity, you may start a new project. You may become moody during this time.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: What is the Son contemplating? Is he thinking of his love interest or of what he plans to do next? Is he searching for answers?

[size=+1]Mother[/size]

Description: The mother is standing in a pool of watery illusion. There are three fish and a sea otter in this illusion. The mother is holding two bowls in her hands. Behind her is a waterfall, pouring over large rocks. In the night sky is the full moon and the aurora borealis.

Significant Details: The full moon is shining brightly, and leaves an illusionary effect. The rocks show great stability. The woman has a look of mystery, almost alluring. The sea otter symbolizes “Playful, friendly, dynamic, joy, helpfulness, and sharing”. The salmon represent “Proud, intense, confident, wisdom, inspiration”.

My Interpretation: You may feel inspired to use your creative skills more. You may become involved in a long-term relationship. You enjoy helping others; this could mean that you sometimes have a hard time saying no, even if you need alone time, or a chance to relax.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The green rocks behing the Mother suggest emotional growth, possibly how far she's grown emotionally. The blue in the front is calming, giving a sense of security. The white water running from the waterfall makes me sense pure emotion.

[size=+1]Father[/size]

Description: There is a man standing in a pool of wáter, he is holding three fish in one hand. Behind the pool is a waterfall. The sky has an illusionary effect.

Significant Details: The sky is almost illusionary. The waterfall shows power, but controlled power. The man holding the fish, shows his sensitivity and family responsibilities. The salmon represent “Proud, intense, confident, wisdom, inspiration”.

My Interpretation: You may be feeling sensitive. Have patience, and give your artistic side a chance to roam. You are perceptive to the feelings of others.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: There is a lot of blue and green mixed in this card, possibly signifying the security and growth of our emotions?

[size=+2]Overview of the Water Court Cards:[/size]

I'm not sure where these people come from, possibly the Northeast? I had origionally thought southern, but now I'm not so sure. I don't have any connection to them, so these court cards were very hard for me to "understand" at a first glance.

The Mother and Daughter are looking at us. The Son has his back turned on the Mother, possibly trying to hide his emotions from her? The Father is facing away from all the other cards, possibly he is emotionally distant from them?

divinegoddess

DAUGHTER OF WATER

First Impression: She is a girl of compassion, understanding, empathetic and sympathetic. She’s very caring and extremely loving. However, sometimes her emotions get the best of her.

Keywords*: Romance, loving aspirations, yearning, enchantment, poetry, dreamworld, willingness to surrender, attachment, affection, also emotional pain

Inner message*: This card depicts the endless longing of the soul to be immersed in the beauty of love (and therefore life) over and over again. Your most delicate feminine qualities are searching for an expression. You long for true intimacy, to be cherished in loving recognition. Let yourself be led by your deepest stirrings now.

Outward manifestation*: You want to pour the full force of your love into a relationship, to be swept off your feet, to dissolve completely in love. Never let this longing be put down or ridiculed by anyone! Life is all about letting out love-force flow unabashedly and learning to trust its course. If you have no partner at this time, let nature be the one who allows you to feel the sweetness of dissolving into a divine union with the miracle of life itself.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: Perhaps the young woman is pondering a new love interest? Maybe someone who has recently come into her life? Or is she wishing that this new love interest were attainable?

I get the sense that she is daydreaming. Maybe about love or maybe about something. I feel that she is very analytical, therefore making her be in her a bit too much at times. She’s a dreamer, she constantly daydreams.

My Interpretation: Read Soaring Eagle’s interpretation!

SON OF WATER

First Impression: He too, is a daydreamer. He is wishing upon the stars to find his soulmate. Since he is just a boy, he cannot control his emotions. Sometimes he is angry without any particular reason, other times he is very joyous. He is very charismatic. However he feels at that moment, others around him feels the same way.

Keywords*: Sensuality, eros, charme, sexuality, attracting or tempting power, magnetism, snesitivity, tenderness, creativity, also moodiness, fickleness or promiscuity

Inner message*: The force of erotic attraction is one of the most mysterious and creative. Now you must learn to handle its irresisible but unpredictable power as consciously as possible. We are not its master! It courses through us, wanting to be used appropriately. Become aware of your impact on others and what you do with it. Respect people’s vulnerability and stay within the boundaries dictated by loving consideration. Otherwise your charme will drive many more to utter distraction!

Outward manifestation*: You can use your abilities to take unfair advantage or decide to be wise enough to consider other’s welfare too. The latter would be closer to your heart. Your acute sensitivity won’t allow you to abuse others, even subtly or hald-consciously. Learn to use your intuitive gifts alertly, compassionately, in all your interactions. This will benefit you most.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: What is the Son contemplating? Is he thinking of his love interest or of what he plans to do next? Is he searching for answers?

I think he is searching for answers of life and love. I get the sense that he is connecting himself with the spiritual realm to get these answers. His Spirit Guide must be one of the water animals, hence why he is standing in the river.

MOTHER OF WATER

First Impression: This one is a very compassionate mother. She is full of emotion, empathy, sympathy, warmth and growth. Even still today, she has learned that she still has so much to learn! She is mother of great wisdom. She has very strong intuitive powers and she’s a clairvoyant.

Keywords*: Compassion, great empathy, warmth, readyness to help, intuitive powers, healing, clearvoyance, sometimes world-weariness and martyrdom

Inner message*: Mother of Water represents the natural powers of your feminine aspect. She urges you to pay more respectful attention to these subtle, fluid powers; to value them just as highly as your ‘tougher’, masculine qualities. She shows you just how much the balancing of the male-female forces will contribute to your emotional security and overall serenity.

Outward manifestation*: A situation demands your intuitive insight. To deal with it effectively, you must rely on your feminine qualities. By trusting these, you will not only understand yourself more thoroughly, but everything connected to the situation too. Your conscious passivity and heartfelt empathy will reveal an entirely new perspective on things. Thiis viewpoint gives you what is needed to proceed.

My Interpretation: Read Soaring Eagle’s interpretation

FATHER OF WATER

First Impression: This Father is as sensitive as they come! He is also a very sensual man. He’s been a dreamer for all his life, much like his son is now. He is very considerate, loving, and the perfect gentleman. He is always there for others. Most of the time, he is afraid to show how sensitive he actually is!

Keywords*: Sensitivity, perceptiveness, psychic receptivity, patience, inner knowing, intuitive thought process, artistic talent, sometimesfogginess in the face the ungraspable

Inner message*: Following your intuitive insightfulness! Heed its subtlest intimations, even if you can’t put them into words. Direct insights happen without words. It is a mistake to believe that only what is expressible can really be true. The truth exists beyond all expressions. The Mystery all around us is so ungraspable that our limited concepts can only point to it. Now trust your most delicate feelings. They speak to you more clearly than any words.

Outward manifestation*: Your non-judgemental perceptiveness makes others seek your advice. Don’t be shy. Use this talent to enhance your environment or business. The desire to share your intuitive knowledge with others is a genuine desire to comfort and assist.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: There is a lot of blue and green mixed in this card, possibly signifying the security and growth of our emotions?

Yes, I think so :)