Vision Quest - Earth Court Cards

Soaring Eagle

[size=+1]Daughter[/size]

Description: There is a young woman shown holding a plate of fruit. On the floor there is more food, and there is a tapestry hung on the wall.

Significant Details: The young woman’s bosom seems full, possibly suggesting a hidden pregnancy. The tapestry is a symbol of creativity, also of remembering the past. The food is symbolizing plentitude.

My Interpretation: You should use your creativity or talent, especially in fine arts right now. You may be tempted to cling to values from the past. New experiences are growing and presenting themselves to you. Enjoy the beauty life has to offer.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Daughter is looking directly at us. She has a look on her face that tells us we are disturbing her. Why? What was she doing that she didn't want us to see?

[size=+1]Son[/size]

Description: There is a young man shown holding a bowl of squash and corn. The background shows a deserted area with distant mountains.

Significant Details: The young man appears to be taking the bowl of food to someone.

My Interpretation: You should enjoy the outdoors during this period. Get back to “earth”. You are enjoying the serenity and peacefulness offered. Do not become too inflexible in your ideas.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Son has a determined look on his face, suggesting that he was sent on an errand and he is determined to arrive with his gift. To whom does he take this basket of food?

[size=+1]Mother[/size]

Description: There is a woman holding a child on her lap, and they are wrapped in a blanket. In front of them is a vase. Behind them is a many branched tree.

Significant Details: The mother is holding for and caring for the child, promising security. The container at her feet is red, possibly signifying love.

My Interpretation: You are caring for someone or something, possibly sacrificing your needs for person or thing. You will have good health during this time. You may feel connected to nature.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Mother is lovingly holding the child, keeping him warm inside the blanket. The child has a look of contentment upon his face. Both are looking directly at us.

[size=+1]Father[/size]

Description: There is a man sitting on the ground holding a basket. He has a thoughtful look on his face.

Significant Details: The father has been out harvesting, and is now bringing his bounty to share with his family.

My Interpretation: You are working diligently on a project. You have proven yourself reliable, shown your strengths to people around you. There is a period of stability coming.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Father has a look almost of resignation upon his face. Maybe he's tired from all the work he's done? Or is it pride on his face?

[size=+2]Overview of Earth Court Cards[/size]

These people are from the SW United States or Northern Mexico. They remind me of the Navajo, Apache, and Tarahumara nations, so possibly they are descended from the Anasazi?

The Daughter has been left at home to take care of things and learn responsibility. The Son has been sent on an errand. The mother is taking care of the youngest child outside while she watches over the family. The Father is resting outside before returning to the family home.

divinegoddess

[size=+1]Daughter[/size]
First Impression: I love it how she looks straight in the “camera”

Keywords*: Creativity, pregnancy and birth, patience, female powers, beauty, talents, fine arts, manual skills, sometimes clinging to the values of the past

Inner message*: You are pregnant with yourself! Unused talents are now about to emerge and bloom. Give your inner creations room to outwardly manifest. In order to do that, you need some peace and a whole lot of patience. Everything else is well and ready. What grows within you will develop beautifully, if you just listen to what it needs and follow your own life’s rhythm.

Outward manifestation*: An extraordinarily creative phase begins for you – and on many different levels. Even the desire to have a baby may become quite powerful. check your motivations! See, whether your longing can only be fulfilled by a physical child. Discover what nurturing really means to you. Paintings, letters, sculptures, music and poetry, or a lovingly tended garden are your children too. All are forms of expressing your love and sesne of aesthetic beauty. All are ways to enrich the world.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Daughter is looking directly at us. She has a look on her face that tells us we are disturbing her. Why? What was she doing that she didn't want us to see?
I think on the contrary, I think she is inviting us to come over. She wants some company, and she is extremely hospitable. You should offer to help her.

My Interpretation:
Soaring Eagle has made a good one!

[size=+1]Son[/size]
First Impression: He’s helping his sister.

Keywords*: Trust, serenity, being considerate, enjoyment, love of nature, endurance, earthiness, faithfulness, sometimes too inflexible.

Inner message*: Complete ripeness! The fruits of internal and external labor are yielding a bountiful harvest. You are the beneficiary. Share this wealth with everyone. You will enjoy your success even more if you include others!

Outward manifestation*: Satisfying results are achieved. Your work is shaping up nicely. You have invested your energy in a worthwile manner. It is all right to be proud of yourself for once! How else can one learn to appreciate what anyone has done? It is important to acknowledge yourself for a job well done. You have placed a seed into the ground and faithfully tended to it. Nature’s power has allowed it to grow, and now you are harvesting a ripe fruit. This image does not pertain to the physical plane alone.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Son has a determined look on his face, suggesting that he was sent on an errand and he is determined to arrive with his gift. To whom does he take this basket of food?
I think he is helping his sister.

My Interpretation:

[size=+1]Mother[/size]
First Impression: The mother is very caring, very loving and very Earthly. She loves to snuggle up with her children and tell them stories, whether they be fictional or family stories.

Keywords*: Caring, kinship, nurturing, generosity, physical health, fertility, connection to nature, sometimes needless self-sacrifice

Inner message*: It is essential that you tune into your body right now and listen to what it needs. By taking better care of yourself, you strengthen your entire network of connections and relations. Begin by being very kind to yourself, then the circle of giving and taking will at last become complete. Then there is harmony all around, and you will feel the added strength you sorely need to fulfill your worldly responsibilites.

Outward manifestation*: To care for others take a lot of strength. Therefore, it is essential to maintain a healthy balance. Nobody is better off when you collapse just because you can’t stop helping everyone in need. Your task now is to find a resting point within yourself. Even though an infinite power resides within you, a human body can go only this far. Kindly respect its natural limits, then you will have all the strength in the world at your disposal.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Mother is lovingly holding the child, keeping him warm inside the blanket. The child has a look of contentment upon his face. Both are looking directly at us.
They look very happy, peaceful and I can just sense the love from them. They make me feel peaceful and serene.

My Interpretation:

[size=+1]Father[/size]
First Impression: The Father is alone, he is gathering the wisdom and the strength for the whole family.

Keywords*: Reliability, diligent work, harvest time, strength, thoughtfulness, benevolence, insistence, stability, discipline, sometimes rigidit

Inner message*: It is important to strenghten your contact with the earth now, meaning a certain amount of grounding is needed. This will give you greter stability and inner firmness. Just the thought of being able to rely on your inner self can renew your strength. Focus on your earhy’ qualities at this time.

Outward manifestation*: Feel in what area you need more grouding. In order to complete an unfinished project, you need a sense of safety as well as internal stability. But work just for work’s sake is not energizing enough, merely a burdensome necessity. Soulful work – work you don’t even consider as such – provides the satisfaction you seek. That kind of energy investment strengthens your self-confidence and gives you the faith that you are on the right track.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Father has a look almost of resignation upon his face. Maybe he's tired from all the work he's done? Or is it pride on his face?
I think he’s proud. I think he has gone a bit further away from the rest of the family to gather himself, to gain more strength so he can be strong for his family.

My Interpretation:

*From the accompanying LWB