Ace of Pentacles as warning

Lain_82

Hello!

So every week I make a 3-card reading about ways in which I can make life at work as best as it can be, especially since I've been struggling with lack of motivation. My spread has 3 positions: Red light (what not to do) yellow (be careful with) as green (embrace this or go ahead and do x).

Yesterday the card on the red light (oh, I'm using the RWS here) was the ace of pentacles upright and I can't seem to get a proper hold of what it could mean. Since it landed in a "negative" position, would its reverse meaning apply even though it landed upright? Is there a cautionary side to this ace that I haven't encountered yet? On the top of my head I think it's telling me to not start new projects at work this week, or to be careful with how I deal with my resources, how I manage incoming responsibilities. But I'm really not sure.

Any advice or comment would be greatly appreciated :)

Aset

Here's a thought - maybe it's saying that you are not open to a new work opportunity because of the job you are currently working? As in, this job that you seem to dislike is keeping you from a new, more fulfilling venture. Or on the flip side, maybe a side project is distracting you from making the most of your day job.

lamyamah

wait for it wait for it

for me that would mean: be wary of any new ideas for projects or income this week. Maybe keep it on the back-burner for later, because it did come in upright

kind regards

Barleywine

Since all of the Aces represent potential (the idea behind an initiative rather than the actual first step), the Ace of Pentacles as a warning would tell me that any such idea that arises would be a "non-starter" in practical terms; perhaps there is simply too much inertia to overcome.

Lain_82

Thank you all for your ideas! I'm jotting them down in my journal and will see how the week develops, it's definitely giving me a new idea of what aces could mean.

[QUOTE9]Here's a thought - maybe it's saying that you are not open to a new work opportunity because of the job you are currently working? As in, this job that you seem to dislike is keeping you from a new, more fulfilling venture. Or on the flip side, maybe a side project is distracting you from making the most of your day job.[/QUOTE]

The first idea actually rings quite true; I've been thinking about sending CVs to other jobs but I feel such a lack of motivation overall that at the end of the day I just don't have the energy to put into looking for a new job. Side projects are also an interesting idea; at the moment I'm limiting some online classes I'm taking to the weekend, but I was thinking of making some time during the week to complete the lessons faster and maybe that's not a very good idea after all.

for me that would mean: be wary of any new ideas for projects or income this week. Maybe keep it on the back-burner for later, because it did come in upright

Yeah, I've also been thinking that the fact that the ace was not reversed implies a need to be careful with new ideas that might pop up at work, since as it is our deadlines are very short and there is no time right now for new initiatives (unless I want to feel overwhelmed).

Since all of the Aces represent potential (the idea behind an initiative rather than the actual first step), the Ace of Pentacles as a warning would tell me that any such idea that arises would be a "non-starter" in practical terms; perhaps there is simply too much inertia to overcome.

Inertia has been my state for a while now :) . I am looking for new venues or opportunities to learn more or to make my job more interesting, but perhaps this week I should concentrate on what is here already rather than on what could be.

Thanks again sharing you thoughts with me!