Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 261 : July 30 - August 5

RiverRunsDeep

Well, gee, I barely got past the "dappled sunlight on my arms" phase with last week's deck, so it will be Tarot of the Hidden Realm again for me, and I will be adding my Messenger Oracle this time. Thanks!!

Nemia

For me - the Tarot of the Secret Forest, a tarot I love but haven't read much with yet.

swedishfish612

I'm working with Pearls of Wisdom Tarot and the Oracle of Shadows and Light. Thanks, VG!

I used Pearls for the month of November last year, and it was a great experience. I thought it'd be fun to revisit it this week. Hard to believe that was 8 months ago!

Scarlet Woodland

Oh I so adore the Ellis DecK. Every time I read with it I think wait... why the heck don't I use this all the time?! Think I tend to save it as a treat like The Wild Unknown.

BodhiSeed

Oh I so adore the Ellis DecK. Every time I read with it I think wait... why the heck don't I use this all the time?! Think I tend to save it as a treat like The Wild Unknown.
The Ellis is a deck that completely took me by surprise too - I had no idea I'd like it so much. :)

Late to the party this week! I'm in with the Llewellyn Tarot paired with the Beasts of Albion.
Thank you VG! :heart:

DaughterOfDanu

My companion guide to the Animal Spirit Oracle arrived yesterday. Typically I like to go my own way with the cards, as much as possible, but with very vague keywords to the cards I needed a little extra help understanding why Kim Krans chose the animals she did. It's a great read and I have to say I'm understanding the energy behind each animal spirit much more already. Looks like I'm off to a good week divination-wise :p

AJ

the guardians were silent today, even sorting through the deck.

so I'm using Tarot of the Sephiroth this week

RiverRunsDeep

So I'm finding that, with the Tarot of the Hidden Realm, I'm not only experiencing the dappled sunlight of a summery forest, but also the mysterious shadows of a darker twilight. Such a wide range of human emotion and experience is evoked by these portrait-style images. I love how the readings go far beyond a straightforward RWS-style and speak deeply to my intuition, as if I am truly hearing the wise whispers of a Faery realm. And, btw, I am not a fan of Faery decks, but this one speaks to me so clearly and touches my heart. Plus, the Messenger Oracle seems made for this tarot deck. What an awesome pairing this week! :love::love:

DaughterOfDanu

So I'm finding that, with the Tarot of the Hidden Realm, I'm not only experiencing the dappled sunlight of a summery forest, but also the mysterious shadows of a darker twilight. Such a wide range of human emotion and experience is evoked by these portrait-style images. I love how the readings go far beyond a straightforward RWS-style and speak deeply to my intuition, as if I am truly hearing the wise whispers of a Faery realm. And, btw, I am not a fan of Faery decks, but this one speaks to me so clearly and touches my heart. Plus, the Messenger Oracle seems made for this tarot deck. What an awesome pairing this week! :love::love:

I like to think of the Tarot of the Hidden Realm as being more in the same faery category as Brian Froud's decks- a much more appealing and tangible category than say, Amy Brown's. I love both kinds but always recommend fae decks like Froud first.

I'll have to try pairing it with the Messenger Oracle. I can see how they'd work. I've been pairing it with, as you may have guessed, Froud's oracles which gives amazing results too!

I'm enjoying my Animal Spirit Oracle so much more since I have had a look at the guidebook. It's a great deck with some real depth to it. It's even more fun to play with and get to know the cards now.

Unfortunately I'm pretty much giving up on getting ahold of the Tarot of Trees deck creator. It's rather fishy that anytime I speak to someone associated with her or the deck they no longer reply to my emails after a day or two... First the publisher (Which was the only email I could find on the website) who contacted me 2 months after my initial email and then agreed to but never sent confirmation that a replacement had been sent out, and now it's the artists' sister who was listed on the website as being the place to buy decks while the artist was away on vacation.... It's so fishy the moment I explain my problem (peeling corners) I get brushed aside like no one wants to take responsibility.... I'm very disappointed but I'm not going to let this take away from my enjoyment of the deck. I'm just going to drop it after 6 months of waiting for an answer as to getting a replacement and being promised one by the publisher. Please beware if you purchase this deck the customer service is absolutely awful and if your deck is damaged in any way good luck getting the issue resolved.

ETA: Just got updated and I'm being sent a new copy tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

RiverRunsDeep

I'll have to try pairing it with the Messenger Oracle. I can see how they'd work.

Yes, do give it a try! Actually, I think you were the one who encouraged me to give the Messenger Oracle a second chance ( I didn't care for it at first). So thank you for that, because matching it with the "right" tarot deck has made all the difference with readings.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with Tarot of the Trees. Such a beautiful deck! I'm glad to hear you finally received an update and should be receiving your replacement soon. :)