So ahh... enjoying my new Tarot Apps.

Tanga

I am techie dumb. :) :)

And so - when my sister visited me last week, she offered me a smartphone as a present.
I had a Nokia with buttons for aeons.
After much deliberation and sleeping-on-it etc., I decided and so I now have one.
The one big reason hilariously - to change to a smartphone, was to have Tarot Apps!
(mental ehh? I'm sure you all understand... :joke:).

Now I have an Ellis deck app (which I was over-the-moon to discover since it's one of my "professional reading" decks), A TdM app and a Liber T app.

FANTASTIC!!!

All hail being able to be buried in a Tarot deck on the bus or train, without worrying about accidentally dropping them on the floor - or having one's neighbour read them over your shoulder and look at you funny etc.
I feel so privileged-ly lucky. Lol.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

(is this the right place for this thread?...)

classy

Are tarot apps accurate?

think

I love that Ellis decK. Probably the nicest looking deck I've seen. Never heard of any of the apps tho, but congrats on your first smartphone!

Emily

I love having tarot apps on my phone - I have the Liber T, Robin Wood, the Illuminati, CBD Marseille, plus a couple of I Ching and Rune apps. I have the I Ching and Rune apps on as study aids too but I find the tarot apps are always very accurate, which is unusual for me because I usually get really bad results from computer generated readings.

I find it convenient to have these apps on my phone and it means I always have decks with me.

Tanga

Are tarot apps accurate?

In what sense do you mean? :)
In my case - I look forward to using them as a teaching aid - to get better and better at reading for others.
I hardly ever seriously read for myself (I go and see someone if I have a burning question - because I'm usually too invested in the outcome to read for myself.) - but I use many different self-reflective and meditative exercises with Tarot (including magic/ritual) daily or weekly - depending.

I love that Ellis decK. Probably the nicest looking deck I've seen. Never heard of any of the apps tho, but congrats on your first smartphone!

:) On the App, the images are brighter and clearer than both the copies I have (Ellis).

I love having tarot apps on my phone - I have the Liber T, Robin Wood, the Illuminati, CBD Marseille, plus a couple of I Ching and Rune apps. I have the I Ching and Rune apps on as study aids too but I find the tarot apps are always very accurate, which is unusual for me because I usually get really bad results from computer generated readings.

I find it convenient to have these apps on my phone and it means I always have decks with me.

Also have a rune app (hello looking at Runes to learn them more often - the pretty interface makes it so much nicer), and the one available animal and plant oracle app from The Fool's Dog. Plus - I have a crystal dictionary! Now I wasn't expecting to be able to carry a dictionary around with me!

I love the way the Liber T meanings are written. :) :)
Wasn't expecting them to be so fun.

And I do just love - as you say. To be constantly in the companionship of a deck(s).

Padma

Are tarot apps accurate?

Surprisingly so! I have several, they all seem to work very well, indeed. Perhaps some a little more on target than others - the Wild Unknown seems to be the most - succinct. And while I miss the soothing feel of shuffling my intention into the cards, still, they are great for when you are on the go and need to ask something.

I have a Lenormand oracle app as well, and it too is quite good. In fact, for some odd reason I often find the Lennie app works better than the actual cards.

Tanga, congrats on stepping into 2016! :D Have fun with your apps :)

neiajuanawilliam

Yes...I've been using Galaxy tarot Pro for about four years now!!! I love it....my goto app. I use it for reference too...and extra insight....it has all type of symbolism libraries .zodiac...runes...stones...iching...I love it

ilweran

I've got a few on my tablet and have the card of the day widget on my home screen for four of them, which makes for a mixed deck spread of the day. At the moment they're the Wild Unknown, Hidden Realm, Shadowscapes and using Uni Tarot app where you can add your own decks if you have scans, the Greenwood.

knight_sephiroth

I love the tarot apps! I have several decks which I also have physically, as well as a few which I do not have. I hear you. :heart:

They work very, very well. I feel they're pretty strongly tied to me in the sense that they're always with me. Digital screens are just another mode of visual conveyance, like paper, cardstock, stone, bone--it's just another way for us to inscribe and communicate. Since they're always with me, it gives me a fascinating connection to the digital decks and I still do a typical centering and focusing routine before I use them. Remember people were once suspicious of things inscribed on paper when paper was new. There's nothing less accurate or fishy about digital cards at all.

Plus, the cards are simply beautiful backlit and I can open a deck and explore the cards when I have downtime to really study the images and learn more.

One really great use of the digital deck format is the Druid Animal & Plant oracle, which combines both oracle decks into one mega deck, which makes sense on a totally different level than working with both physical decks simultaneously.

Edited to add:

I have the Classic 1910 Rider-Waite (p), Prairie Tarot (p), Druid Animal & Plant Oracle, Tarot of the Holy Light, Wizards Tarot, Tarot of Vampyres (p), Zirkus Magi, Wildwood, Dondorf Lenormand, Ma'at Tarot, Mystical Cats, Robin Wood Tarot, Romance Angels Oracle. The (p) indicates I also have the physical deck version.

knight_sephiroth

Yes...I've been using Galaxy tarot Pro for about four years now!!! I love it....my goto app. I use it for reference too...and extra insight....it has all type of symbolism libraries .zodiac...runes...stones...iching...I love it

This sounds really fascinating. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking into it now.