Timing Method: does it -always- work for you?

tarot_quest

Hi guys!

I have these questions in mind since a few day. Do you use timing questions and if so, are the answers accurate over time?

I feel that sometimes, Tarot is SPOT on concerning some timing questions. Other times, the answers do not make sens.

So it would be nice to know:

-Which timing method do you use? (please share with us ;))

-Are the answers always, sometimes or never accurate? (concrete examples would be awesome!)

Have a nice day :)

tarot_quest

mary_leo and Nisaba, thanks for your reply. Actually, I posted mainly because I tried this timing method and it did not work...

I am looking for a job and I asked when I will be employed. So I tried the method that you both mentioned and I got 4 of pentacles...Which means 4 YEARS. Obviously it does not make sens.

I am doing application and doing phone calls to the places where I am the most interested. It is completely impossible that it will take 4 years before being employed. Or could it be four months? But then I would have expected the 4 of cups.

Personally, I used majors and I associate them with their corresponding astrological months (e.g. June = Lovers, July = Chariot,...).

So I am in the camp where timing methods works once in a while. I am assuming that I am maybe not ''meant to know'' the answer when they don't make sens.

Barleywine

I am looking for a job and I asked when I will be employed. So I tried the method that you both mentioned and I got 4 of pentacles...Which means 4 YEARS. Obviously it does not make sens.

So I am in the camp where timing methods works once in a while. I am assuming that I am maybe not ''meant to know'' the answer when they don't make sens.

I decided a while ago that, if the timing shown doesn't make sense within the context of the question, I'll either slide down to the next window (for example, from "years" to "months"), or if the required leap is too great to be rational (say, from "years" to "weeks"), I'll either say "uncertain at this time" or - in some cases - "never." (I've seen the latter when a job was already filled by the time the reading was done, but the querent hadn't been notified yet.) I haven't encountered too many timing questions, since I do a lot of general "situational awareness" readings with the Celtic Cross..

danieljuk

it doesn't always work for me either tarot_quest :(

I've noticed some people use timings for things like, when will they marry? or have a baby? or really far off questions which are just so open to so many variables. I think they are the most difficult to time or predict!

But when will you be employed again? seems a good question for timings! I would keep this flexible and also think about the card with it's tarot meaning if the timing doesn't fit. For the 4 of Pentacles this might mean, when the job market (or your career area) might have more money and less worry about the economy. Literal meaning when there is less stagnation and they can hire people / give wage increases again. Just an idea!

I have always found timings really experimental in my own readings, even with Nisaba's amazing method!

tarot_quest

Barleywine, yes I saw that you adjust the timing, in a recent post from the ''tarot cards'' section :) I think that it makes sens, to stretch the definitions a bit. Maybe the answer is
malleable and not set in stone, so tarot needs some flexibility in its answer! The ''never'' aspect is also interesting. But I refuse this answer in my case (I am looking for a job!). Thanks for the input!

Danieljuk, it's funny because I almost PM you lately (concerning a beautiful reply that you wrote from an old post about the Star card and healing).

It's interesting to know that timing questions do not not ALWAYS work for others as well. I agree that asking ''when will I marry'' is difficult to predict since the person has to find a partner first and other variables must be considered as well.

But thanks, I think that asking ''when will I find a job'' is a relevant question as well, since I will need money very soon :0. Your last meaning for the 4 of pentacles regarding my question makes sens (when there will be less stagnation and they will be able to hire people). I applied for the town, the government and in hospitals, so receiving a ''conservative'' and ''slow'' card makes sens here! The process can be quite long.

Oh well, I was hoping that Tarot could help me to relax a bit...

spookums

I first tried Nisaba's method but since adapted it with the following changes, which I'm still kind of trialing:

- For most questions I don't use the "years" timing. It's simply way too far in the future and way too many things can change in the meantime. I might consider using it for some questions but that would be extremely rare.
- I still use the Majors as what has to be resolved or what has to take place first.
- I don't read Courts as timing - instead I read it as it depends on someone else that has similar characteristics to the court. So far it seems to have worked fine.
- I use the following intervals:

Pentacles = Months
Cups = Weeks
Swords = Days
Wands = No exact time frame. I tried using hours as that was the next logical step but felt it's too small of a measure. I just read it as "imminent" now and use the numerical value to, well, feel how quick the imminent is. So the ace would be pretty much any moment now, while ten is soonish.

I've only recently decided to use the wands as imminent though so can't comment on accuracy. The rest works really well for me though.

Barleywine

I first tried Nisaba's method but since adapted it with the following changes, which I'm still kind of trialing:

- For most questions I don't use the "years" timing. It's simply way too far in the future and way too many things can change in the meantime. I might consider using it for some questions but that would be extremely rare.
- I still use the Majors as what has to be resolved or what has to take place first.
- I don't read Courts as timing - instead I read it as it depends on someone else that has similar characteristics to the court. So far it seems to have worked fine.
- I use the following intervals:

Pentacles = Months
Cups = Weeks
Swords = Days
Wands = No exact time frame. I tried using hours as that was the next logical step but felt it's too small of a measure. I just read it as "imminent" now and use the numerical value to, well, feel how quick the imminent is. So the ace would be pretty much any moment now, while ten is soonish.

I've only recently decided to use the wands as imminent though so can't comment on accuracy. The rest works really well for me though.

I don't use courts for timing either, other than possibly seeing the Knights as something "coming or going" in a more or less preciptous manner depending on suit. The small cards seem the most reliable for this purpose. I know that some people see the Major Arcana as showing something rapidly approaching or departing, but I just get a sense of "big" rather than "fast." There is a kind of ponderous, looming inevitability to them that overshadows any niceties of precise timing. The spread position usually gives me as much as I need to know.

EyeAmEye

Nothing I have ever tried has worked in regards to timing. I've had an alarmingly accurate prediction for myself that has been an ongoing soap opera for 10 years, but all attempts to pin down when events will take place as predicted have met with utter failure.

I don't doubt it can and does work for many others, but I am either clueless on how to interpret them or my life is somehow more chaotic and unpredictable than most (I've only ever attempted a time reading for my own personal matter).

I will throw in to the mix as food for thought I am not always very good at understanding when I should hold 'em or when I should fold 'em (to paraphrase Kenny Rogers), which probably muddies the waters a bit, so I could be derailing the time frames through my own obtuseness.