Career question: drawing majors EVERY time!

tarot_quest

Since I started Tarot (about a bit more than 2 years ago), it is the very first time that I keep drawing Majors for a question.

In different readings, I compared potential places where I could work, and for one of them, I automatically pull majors. I am very amazed to be honest!

I feel that this particular job might work since I got so many majors (For example all majors for ''Will I get accepted'').

I was simply wondering if at some point, you consistently draw a lot of majors during different readings for a specific topic?

If so, did something significant happened??

Teheuti

It really depends on the specific cards drawn. The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn saw a majority of Majors as a situation that was out of your hands. I read that as a kind of fateful compulsion or lessons that can't be avoided. You may make different decisions but thematically similar situations will keep appearing until the lesson has made its mark on you.

Ignore this "rule" if it doesn't work for you in practice.

wildcatsensation

I always found majors to bring bigger changes than minor cards, or coming up in situations that I felt as major turning points in my life (significant relationships or jobs). However, it certainly depends on the cards you drew. I consider major cards as greater, more general forces effecting the situation as opposed to small, everyday matters.

EmpyreanKnight

Personally for me, the appearance of a lot of majors is like a neon sign, pointing at something that may have a huge impact in my life. That particular job would not just be an easy peasy thing you will nonchalantly breeze through. Directly or subtly, that choice just might redraw the course of your life path, and whether that would be positive or otherwise would depend on the cards you drew.

tarot_quest

Thanks for all of your replies guys.

Teheuti, you are saying that Majors are lessons that we have to experience and accomplish, otherwise these lessons will keep coming back. So do you think that receiving a lot of major for a specific job means that my ''soul'' or ''subconscious'' wants to get that job to experience a lesson? And if they don't hire me there, you would think that I will experience the same lessons somewhere else, according to how you perceive repetitive Majors? (Thanks for the idea!)

wildcatsensation, I also feel that Majors are drawn when something more important/significant is about to happen, compared to minors. However, I don't know yet how it will turn out (for this job question as well as for other questions where I pulled Majors). It's nice to see that others also have this belief, thanks for your input!

EmpyreanKnight, wow, you brought a very different point: that Majors are not an easy piece of cake and can even change your life path! It is quite inspiring. At the same time, I hope that I will chose the right job, when I will start to get interesting offers, and based on what you said, I might expect to face big challenges if I get this job. Thanks a lot.

* For the Majors I draw, I got the Sun, the Hermit, the HP, the Fool, the Hierophant, Death, the Chariot,... I like to compare my chances or how I would feel at this particular job compared to other potential jobs. For the first reading that I did on this precise job (what should I know/will I get in?), I pulled 4 cards and got 4 majors. Even today, I compared this job to another one (one card for each job) and I got a Major, again. Every-Single-Time.

** Also, if someone had an example in mind where they drew Majors repetitively and told us what happens, it would be super interesting to know! As I said, I am still in the waiting process...

Teheuti

do you think that receiving a lot of major for a specific job means that my ''soul'' or ''subconscious'' wants to get that job to experience a lesson?
It's not necessarily getting the job that's required. Soul-making makes do with what is—whatever that is. I'm just saying there's something in the situation that could be a significant lesson for you. Personally I tend to see the Majors as indicating what archetypes within yourself have been triggered in/by the situation. Sometimes it is more external.

And if they don't hire me there, you would think that I will experience the same lessons somewhere else, according to how you perceive repetitive Majors? (Thanks for the idea!)
If a particular Major keeps coming up, that usually points to a larger issue/complex/lesson that is playing out over time. Sometimes it's because you're not "getting it." Other times it's something else - getting you prepared for a culminating event?

A friend kept getting the Tower and feeling she had to quit the job she hated, but she couldn't bring herself to do it (security issues). The day after the Tower came up yet again she was fired. She felt she had failed to take action and so had to learn the hard way. The Tower stopped showing up.

Another friend (and famous deck creator) kept getting the Tower and feeling she had to make some big changes including leaving her beloved home. Then, in a series of sudden events including losing her home, former lover and other things, she suddenly let it all go and moved to another country with a new lover. The Tower stopped showing up so regularly.

In both cases, the Tower had been coming up all the time for several months.

Another person had this happen with the Emperor. Over a period of a week or two it kept forcing her to examine her own power, until a tree fell on her house and she had to expeditiously order and organize all the repairs as she was leaving town. No more Emperor card.

tarot_quest

A friend kept getting the Tower and feeling she had to quit the job she hated, but she couldn't bring herself to do it (security issues). The day after the Tower came up yet again she was fired. She felt she had failed to take action and so had to learn the hard way. The Tower stopped showing up.

Another friend (and famous deck creator) kept getting the Tower and feeling she had to make some big changes including leaving her beloved home. Then, in a series of sudden events including losing her home, former lover and other things, she suddenly let it all go and moved to another country with a new lover. The Tower stopped showing up so regularly.

In both cases, the Tower had been coming up all the time for several months.

Another person had this happen with the Emperor. Over a period of a week or two it kept forcing her to examine her own power, until a tree fell on her house and she had to expeditiously order and organize all the repairs as she was leaving town. No more Emperor card.

Wow these examples are great, thank you! It helps me to understand the dynamic of Majors.

tarot_quest

Feedback!

Just an update! :cool:

I have absolutely no chances whatsoever for the company/job I was asking for. First of, this is a GOOD thing, because I realized that I might not like this type of job at all.

So the fact that I drew majors here (like Judgement, Fool, Hermit,...) every time I asked about this place did not mean at all that I was going to get accepted or work there.

That is strange, I would have understand faster with the Tower as a message though! :)