Deck Introduction

Metra

When I get a new deck I always ask it to introduce itself to me before any readings. I recently bought Tarot of a Moon Garden and it introduced itself to me as the four of staffs.

I wasn't sure what to make of it... right away I honestly thought, "well this seems like a happy deck.." lol. Is this a deck that will want me to enjoy my successes? Will it try to guide me towards celebrating my accomplishments/hurdles?

nisaba

I don't know what the image looks like in that deck, but perhaps it fits very nicely into your environment.

Teheuti

Based on the RWS image, I'd say the 4 of Staffs/Wands was simply saying, "Welcome. Come on in and join the party."

Glennmaicha

That card always makes me think of home, though it certainly also represents success, celebration and homecoming as well. Maybe it'll guide you to where you belong?

I don't always do an introduction draw or spread, but each deck really seems to have a personality, or at the very least an atmosphere or tone. It comes out within a few readings, for sure.
I know they're simply collections of (symbolic) artwork on cardstock, but they're all so unique that I can't help but give them personalities!

canid

LOVE this deck, it & RWS were my first. And contrary to popular belief, it does have a dark side, it's not all about unicorns shittin rainbows. 4 of Wands...moving on to a new experience, an alliance, relax & enjoy, strength, are things that come to mind about questing with a new deck. Maybe it will be a good deck for you to use in public.

DaughterOfDanu

When I see the 4 of Wands/Staffs (I don't own this deck, but I'm assuming Staffs is the term for Wands) I think of harmony and stability. So I'd interpret that card as a deck that is well grounded, peaceful and positive- a deck that will stick around and be a reliable choice for readings :)