Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 260 : July 23 - July 29

VGimlet

his thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the thread is here for July-December.

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Anne Stokes Legend Tarot
2. Scarlet Woodland - Touchstone Tarot & Animal Totem Tarot
3. swedishfish612 - Dame Darcy's Mermaids & Goddesses and Sirens Oracle
4. jema - Medieval Scapini Tarot
5. AJ - Santa Fe
6. TreeLeafe - Animal Totem Tarot & Natures' Whispers Oracle
7. RiverRunsDeep - Tarot of the Hidden Realm
8. Green Faerie - Victorian Fairy Tarot
9. BodhiSeed - Norse Tarot & Wolf Pack
10. Nemia - Stretch Tarot
11. Madame Squee - Tarot of the 78 Doors & Flonz Victorian Lenormand
12. journeyinghome - Tabula Mundi Nox et Lux

VGimlet

Happy 5th Anniversary to the DOTW!

Believe it or not this is the 5th Anniversary of this thread, started by NikkiB, and continued by Elendil, along with help from Madrigal, BodhiSeed and others whose names I've misplaced in my memory banks. :p

Thanks to all who participate and make this the "no rules" thread it is.

This week I'll be participating with the Anne Stokes Legend Tarot. I almost feel like I should do something more "anniversary-worthy", but oh well. :cool4:

ed. to add - I really enjoyed the Tinker's Damn Tarot - it's definitely going on the more later list. I almost used it again this week because I didn't have time to give it the attention it deserved, but decided to move ahead with the next deck, knowing it will be back someday.

Scarlet Woodland

Good god was that a whole week ?! Will keep going with the Touchstone Tarot now I have some actual days off to appreciate it. Thinking something dark or Halloweeny for my second deck but haven't quite decided which.

ETA: Thank You for keeping us rolling VG :) Have learnt more working through my decks on DOTW than I did in years reading away on my own.

swedishfish612

5 years! Wow, that's pretty awesome! Since joining AT 4 years ago, this has been one of my favorite things about this site. :)

I'm going with Dame Darcy's Mermaids this week. I'm trying to decide on an oracle but I'm all over the place. I'll update when I decide.

jema

oh dear, 5 years? I know I skipped some months here and there though, but I been here for the main part of it. Thanks to all for keeping it going

My deck of the week is the Medieval Scapini tarot.
It's the 'muddy' one and I never really been a huge Scapini fan so I might dump it in a few days, but let's give it a try.

AJ

Santa Fe, thank you VG

I've been using a deck a week since March 2007, or 465 weeks. Wow.
It is the only way of actually using all the decks I'd bought.
And it helped me out of the habit of buying decks :)

swedishfish612

Jema- I almost picked Medieval Scapini this week! But I wanted to get to the Mermaid deck while it still feels like summer.

I decided to work with the Goddesses and Sirens Oracle for this week. I've had it for close to a year and haven't played with it properly. Might as well give it a go.

DaughterOfDanu

Thank you for keeping the DotW magic going VG!
This week I'm going to work with the Animal Totem Tarot and Natures' Whispers Oracle. I think they'll work together nicely.

Scarlet Woodland

Thank you for keeping the DotW magic going VG!
This week I'm going to work with the Animal Totem Tarot and Natures' Whispers Oracle. I think they'll work together nicely.

Just received my shiny new Animal Totem Tarot (thanks to the competition thread ... whoop!) so will be joining you TreeLeafe :)

Postie made the decision for me :D

RiverRunsDeep

Moving on to Tarot of the Hidden Realm this week.

ETA: Thank You for keeping us rolling VG :) Have learnt more working through my decks on DOTW than I did in years reading away on my own.

Agreed! DOTW has helped me to learn so much about my decks, plus has kept me on track with working through my collection.