Significators

Adjustment

Hi Solandia, I used to read using a significator when I frist started reading Tarot, meanly for reading over the phone since I didn't have the person in front of me, untill once i had a to do a quick phone reading for someone since this person have just 5 minutes of a paid phone reading i was force to do a reading without significator, i was surprise that the reading told me all about this person without the need to use a significator, it was one of the best reading i have done over the phone, ever since i never use a significator in my readings. I find out that the significator somehow shows up in the reading without the need of picking it before the reading.

Whitestar

I almost never use a significator.

I have once or twice, and the purpose was to be clear about who the spread was for! (I was reading for two people who had a relationship). It certainly helped keep things clear :).

cormac

fairyhedgehog said:
I haven't heard of 'the Opening of the Key', it sounds intriguing. Could you explain it to me?

Regards,

FH

heya hedge :)

i hadn't heard of it either and found this site on google -- it has a lengthy and i assume complete explaination of OOTK -- i haven't gone thru all of it but it looks pretty involved :)

http://www.supertarot.co.uk/ootk/ootk.htm

this looks like a pretty good resource site as well -- i don't think i've known of it previously :)

Osiris Darkmoon

I'm so new to seriously reading, I'm trying it both ways...with and without...to see how I really feel...and what the effects are.

Netzach

Marion said:
I always wonder about name readings, meanings etc, because the parents pick the name, based on personal preferencesm family pressures etc etc. Sometimes I think it has little to do with the child. Clearly as you have had success, I am willing to concede there is value in it.

Although the name is, so to speak, foisted on the child, it still resonates with that person's energies as they grow. The person who trained me sees names in terms of colours and shapes. I just "go blank" and see what comes. It's quite remarkable what you do pick up - I trained in a group of eight and, almost invariably, if we were given names to read for homework, when it came to reporting back we would all have picked up the same things. (And would later be proved correct by feedback from the person we were reading for.)

cormac

i usually don't use a significator -- i should get into the habit of it tho -- i think esp with "cold" readings it could prove very informative

can the card that ends up on the bottom of the deck when you are done shuffling, etc, ok to use for the significator?

Grizabella

Buckland says you don't need a significator card. That you can use a coin that the person had or a piece of jewelry or something else personal to them that's small. I'd hesitate to ask for a piece of jewelry, but a coin seems good and it's flat so it can be put under the cards.

tmgrl2

Only when I do a Celtic Cross....which is not often.

Otherwise,

No.

terri

Osiris Darkmoon

Lyric said:
Buckland says you don't need a significator card.

True....but he also got the Celtic Cross layout wrong in his big blue book...not knocking RB, I'm learning from him...but grain of salt ya know....