Sabian Symbols Study Group: Scorpio 8 - #218

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: SCORPIO
Degree: 8
Number: 218

Symbol: THE SILVERY MOON SHINING ACROSS A BEAUTIFUL GEM OF A LAKE.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 217.jpg
    217.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 933

MCsea

Sabian Symbol: The moon shining across a lake
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Rapport
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Scrotum, left fallopian tube
Crystal Element: Moonstone
Expression: Moonstone is pearly, opalescent, gem-quality orthoclase. Moonstone acts to balance emotion, and reconnect with moon phases and goddess energy.
Sun Focus: Mysterious and secretive, you have an irresistible, magnetic personality that powerfully influences others.
Affirmation: I am enigmatic, intense and powerful.

purple_scorp

Before Christmas, Marina suggested I look at the symbols in my natal chart. And, so I did and I noticed that this symbol is my Sun symbol (as I was born at 7 SCO 35' 9").

As I read through Lynda Hill's interpretation, I see that she speaks of being deep and mysterious, or the opposite - reflective to exhibit no depth at all.

I don't have to think too hard to know which of the two I am. I know too, that I can raise in other people, their own issues which also require deep contemplation - I can be a mirror to them, where they see traits of their own which that they don't particularly like, or wish to deal with.

I've known that this is my sun sign, but not really paid that much attention to the two signs either side of it........thereby, I was doing myself short in interpretations because I wasn't considering karma or destiny.

Did it blow me away these holidays when I took that journey? Yes! I'll post in those other two threads why!

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

HUGS

an yes I need to take my OWN advice - I have not looked at the symbols on either side EITHER - for my moon - and for my sun I DONT LIKE the symbols on either side ;)

My moon - the one before this - Sabian Symbol: Deep-sea divers so this is my quest...
I HOPE I am deep and mysterious but I find great value in being shallow and reflective - other people learn such alot about themselves by looking (chatting) to me..
maybe both at the same time is possible....

Interesting with my work I look into the earths crust using electromagnetic waves - and we see reflections in the earth to tell us where various surfaces lie (hense minerals/water etc)..
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

purple_scorp

Marina, what I find more interesting is that you and I share these two symbols (albeit for different "planets).

Hmm, does that mean you are emotionally the way I am generally?

with love
purple_scorp

MaineGirl117

Just wanted to post that on September 18th, 2013 - Saturn and Venus are conjunct at 8 degrees Scorpio. I'm not sure if it's 7 degrees and a few minutes or if it's 8 degrees and some minutes (which would bring the symbol to Scorpio 9), HOWEVER the image of this card is very special in that it is ALSO the night of the Pisces FULL MOON.

Both Venus and Saturn will also conjunct the North Node of the Moon, which is your destiny node in your natal birth chart.

My north node happens to be:

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 7
Number: 127

Symbol: THE WONDERS OF THE CONSTELLATIONS OF STARS IN THE NIGHT SKY.

So... in honor of that, I'm letting you all know about this conjunction beforehand :D Pay close attention to the days leading up to and following this full moon, as the affects will have long lasting consequences. Saturn will not be in this position for another 30+ years!

purple_scorp

Hi MaineGirl117,

thank you for the heads up and the pm.

This is a significant week for me anyway as today I start a new job.

What are the possible effects of this conjunction?

MaineGirl117

Hi MaineGirl117,

thank you for the heads up and the pm.

This is a significant week for me anyway as today I start a new job.

What are the possible effects of this conjunction?

For you with your solar chart Scorpio in 1st, it's the breaking of an old cycle and the beginning of a new one - one that will possibly be with you for quite some time. Venus brings wealth, luxury items and love after a long hard uphill struggle (Saturn). The full moon is in your 5th house of love, could be a new love interest or a new level to love. I don't know where your north node is located in your chart, but Saturn locks in and grounds the potential for this destiny to manifest, and Venus provides the resources (whatever they may be).

There's also this element of truths being revealed with Pisces full moon - which makes this particular sabian sign significant. Either the truth might be written all over your face or on the face of another - either way, you'll be able to see right through the glamour/veil if you trust your intuition.

MCsea

:)
Wonderful - thank you for the posts!
ahhhhhh
Marina