astrology study group ~ cancer

Keslynn

Well, I have my Venus in Cancer, which makes me a homey sort of lover. I like to hug and make pies. Heehee. I like to go out but I prefer to stay home and cook dinner and snuggle on the couch. Very weird for me.

My Venus in Cancer also is the starter planet in my 8th house stellium (most of the other planets are in Leo). I guess that would mean that love would have a very large effect on how I transform my life and myself. I've sort of gathered through experience that all those 8th house placements means that a lot of my resources get channeled into personal development and change. Also, I'm a big fan of mysticism.

My moon is in Leo in my 8th house (suprise!). My emotions are loud and proud? lol My moon is also sextile my Mars in Gemini in the 7th house. I'm pretty excitable and pretty darned verbal about it.

Oh and Cancer cusps my 8th house. I have no idea what that means.

:) Kes

isthmus nekoi

Hi Keslynn,

The fact that Cancer cusps your 8th house and its ruler, the moon is also there makes for a double 8th house influence, which would explain the energy towards personal change. In fact, you may find personal change comes to you easily or feel much more comfortable w/it than other people, provided your moon is generally well aspecte - Mars sextile will certainly give you the drive towards 8th house regeneration. b/c Mars is co-ruler of the 8th, this again creates an '8' theme w/your moon.

purplefishy

My moon's in Cancer in the 9th, Sun in Pisces in the 4th.

isthmus nekoi

Purplefishy, I shall always think of you as the watery one ^_^ Care to share how you think these placements relate to you?

anjocoxo

hi there

Well, since I don't understand very well some of the things you're saying, I went to astro.com and checked if I have anything related to cancer; I have Cancer in Jupiter and on my "medium coeli (??)... I don't know if this says anything to you, guys, but if you can give me some feedback, I would apreciate.

Anjo

I simply can't communicate with cancers, I don't know why, but as a coincidence all the cancers I've met so far were impossible to get along with...

isthmus nekoi

Hi Anjo,
Jupiter in Cancer is a strong position, I think it is exalted (meaning the planet is in the sign where it can express itself most powerfully). If Jupiter is in your 10th house, or conjunct your MC (Mid Heaven), I'd imagine you aspire to be generous and caring in a big way, and if its aspects are good, Jupiter will lend his luck to this area. MC represents goals, your highest aspirations and usually, a career path. Check out where your moon is positioned for a clearer picture of these things.

Minderwiz

Anjocoxo,

I think you published your natal information before, as I have a copy of your chart. Looking at it you have The MC in Cancer. The MC is often taken as the cusp of your tenth House - your career, social status and also it can be an indicator of your mother.

Cancer MCs are very conscious of their individuality and that is what they tend to nurture. This placement is one indicator of independence in a person's chart Cancer is also a caring sign, so you are likely to be considerate to others. The Astrologer, Ebertin, associated thrift with a Cancer MC. Cancers can actually be hoarders/collectors - my wife is a Cancer Ascendant and finds it difficult to throw anything out because if might be useful later on!

Cancer MCs are also likely to favour simplicity and a calm environment, so a work environment that is chaotic is likely to be difficult to cope with.

You are also likely to be responsive to whatever situation arises (though sometimes there may be a deliberate choice not to respond).

Creative flow is important - you need the energy to flow all the time not in creative bursts. You also strongly desire to maintain conscious choice over how you use the energy that flows into you.

You rightly allude to having Jupiter in Cancer and it is in the tenth House and conjunct the MC. Jupiter represents the power to grow and expand your horizons (both inner and outer). Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, so this is a strong placement. You will expand yourself through your career or social role. Jupiter careers are teaching, travel related, philosophical, religious or spiritual. Jupiter iswell aspected with sextiles to Venus and Mars, quintile to the Moon and biquintile to Neptune. It is also conjunct to your Part of Fortune. You are able to use Jovian energy well, indeed the main issue might be simply exercising control over it and ensuring it is directed to where you want it to go. The quintile aspects have been seen as putting together form and matter - and thereby linked to art - so you may be intuitively artistic, you may perhaps want to produce art which is spiritually inspired or spiritually related. Whether you actually have the ability is dependent on other areas of your chart. If you don't you may be drawn to this sort of art as produced by others.

The ruler of your MC is the Moon in Taurus in the eighth. Taurus is a sign linked to the arts and music and the eighth amongst other things is linked to other people's resources. This might suggest that you are intuitively good at using other's resources in a career or social setting. One (and I mean only one of many) possibilities is that you might run your own New Age Curiousity shop, or be something of an art dealer.

Your general health is likely to be good with Jupiter conjunct the Part of Fortune and you may find that your social/career roles are the way to realise your real fortunes.

Minderwiz

Minderwiz said:
Anjocoxo,

I think you published your natal information before, as I have a copy of your chart. Looking at it you have The MC in Cancer. The MC is often taken as the cusp of your tenth House - your career, social status and also it can be an indicator of your mother.

Cancer MCs are very conscious of their individuality and that is what they tend to nurture. This placement is one indicator of independence in a person's chart Cancer is also a caring sign, so you are likely to be considerate to others. The Astrologer, Ebertin, associated thrift with a Cancer MC. Cancers can actually be hoarders/collectors - my wife is a Cancer Ascendant and finds it difficult to throw anything out because if might be useful later on!

Cancer MCs are also likely to favour simplicity and a calm environment, so a work environment that is chaotic is likely to be difficult to cope with.

You are also likely to be responsive to whatever situation arises (though sometimes there may be a deliberate choice not to respond).

Creative flow is important - you need the energy to flow all the time not in creative bursts. You also strongly desire to maintain conscious choice over how you use the energy that flows into you.

You rightly allude to having Jupiter in Cancer and it is in the tenth House and conjunct the MC. Jupiter represents the power to grow and expand your horizons (both inner and outer). Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, so this is a strong placement. You will expand yourself through your career or social role. Jupiter careers are teaching, travel related, philosophical, religious or spiritual. Jupiter iswell aspected with sextiles to Venus and Mars, quintile to the Moon and biquintile to Neptune. It is also conjunct to your Part of Fortune. You are able to use Jovian energy well, indeed the main issue might be simply exercising control over it and ensuring it is directed to where you want it to go. The quintile aspects have been seen as putting together form and matter - and thereby linked to art - so you may be intuitively artistic, you may perhaps want to produce art which is spiritually inspired or spiritually related. Whether you actually have the ability is dependent on other areas of your chart. If you don't you may be drawn to this sort of art as produced by others.

Your MC ruler is the Moon in Taurus in the eighth. Taurus again is a sign associated with the arts and beauty being ruled by Venus. The eighth House has a number of associations, one of which is other people's money and possessions - so one possibility is that you can intuitively use other people's resources in your career. This could be as an art dealer, running your own New Age artifacts shop, etc.

Your general health is likely to be good with Jupiter conjunct the Part of Fortune and you may find that your social/career roles are the way to realise your real fortunes.

purplefishy

Purplefishy, I shall always think of you as the watery one ^_^ Care to share how you think these placements relate to you?

Hm...good question. I know that the moon is very much at home in Cancer, and I know that Pisces and Cancer are compatible signs (they won't work against each other) but other than that, i'm not entirely sure.

isthmus nekoi

purplefishy, that's right, Cancer and Pisces are trining signs so there is an easy flow of energy b/w them. b/c your sun is also in 4th, this emphasizes the Cancerian nature of your chart. Roots, home, family, these are all very important.
Religion is also indicated b/c of moon in 9th, but I would have to see some Neptune/Jupiter action to confirm this. The house moon is tenanting in shows a 'comfort zone' area for you - very important for a Cancer moon. 9th rules long distances, religions/philosophies, 'higher' learning, anything big and broad, you can check out our Sag thread in the study group to get a better feel for 9th.