TarotElements Blog problems?

Hedera

For weeks now, I've been unable to get to the Tarot Elements blog properly; it's still updated, because new entries show up in my Reader, but when I try and go to the blog itself I get an error message (unable to find server 'tarotelements').

Today, I did manage to reach the page for the latest entry (about the Soul Journey spread), but I still can't go anywhere from there; not to the main page, not to the other entries that are tantalizingly listed on the right hand side, etc.
I've tried leaving a comment, but that also got me the same server-error message.

I've been trying to find an email address for the blog (I know they also have a Facebook page, but I'm not on FB and I'd like to keep it that way), but haven't been able to - just endless references to the website, that lots of people apparently have no trouble accessing.

Does anyone know what might be going on?
I use Firefox, if that makes a difference.

And/or, does anyone have an email address for them?

I'd love to read back on the site a little, they seem to have a lot of very interesting entries!

AJ

I just googled it, then clicked around in the site, it is working for me, albiet slow loading.

I know since IE updated to 9 blogger is really screwed up and I can't actually post a post from my laptops, I have to wait till I'm home to be able to click on the post button and have it work...

None of that helps you...if you know when the site stopped working for you you could try a..umm, can't think of the word, but you have your computer go back in time to undo what has been done. Then you can start fresh and see what update or download caused the problem by being more aware of what each change caused.

If I can explain that any worse let me know.

Hedera

I managed to email Catherine (simply by guessing at what the email address might be), and she responded with a very helpful email; I've asked her if she'd mind if I posted the reply here.

gregory

Try a different browser. I don't use iE anyway, and have blocked every machine I have contact with from downloading 9 - I am still getting over 8 showing up when I didn't want it because someone else was using my machine that day and when Windows said it had an important update he believed them... :mad:

ETA - not somewhere I had ever been before - but I just went - I use firefox - and it is all working fine. But I see you do too, so - try Chrome ? OR - try deleting all your cookies, in case you have a corrupt one ?

rwcarter

From an IT support perspective, try clearing your cache. The problem might be that your browser is trying to access a cached version of the page on your computer and because the page has since changed things aren't where the cached page is trying to find them.

IheartTarot

gregory said:
I don't use iE anyway, and have blocked every machine I have contact with from downloading 9 - I am still getting over 8 showing up when I didn't want it because someone else was using my machine that day and when Windows said it had an important update he believed them... :mad:

You can downgrade back to the previous version of IE quite easily (see procedure below). I tried IE9 (twice to be sure) and downgraded permanently back to IE8. I wish I could get rid of that annoying popup message about an important (not) update though...

Click Windows and E buttons (takes you to "Computer")
Click on "Uninstall or change a program" at the top ("Programs and Features")
Click on "View installed updates" on the left
(alternatively go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, Installed Updates)
To uninstall an update, select it from the list and then click "Uninstall"
Restart PC

gregory

She uses firefox, so that isn't about to help ! I'm with Rodney on the cache thing.

ETA - the "important message" thing - go into updates and hide it. I forget how, but you check it and then there is an option in the bar at the top to "hide" that one. (I have several important (NOT) ones I don't ever want to get hidden !)

IheartTarot

gregory said:
She uses firefox, so that isn't about to help !

It was meant for you. :D

gregory

IheartTarot said:
It was meant for you. :D
Oh :|

Thanks. But as I never use it, I can't be bothered. I am just annoyed at how pushy they are with this stuff :mad: As I just had to have my machine fixed after it was *******ed up by lulu (there's a thread about jmd's book !) I think I will leave it be !

Hedera

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! :)

Cleaning the cache didn't help, though: tried using IE (which I dislike, but still have installed), and the page won't load there, either.

Catherine indicated that it might be to do something with my location in regards to her server; which sounds likely, since I get a 'server not found' error message.

Still don't know how to fix that, though. :(