Upcoming Rachell Pollack book: Tarot for Magical Times

marimorimo

I was browsing the U.S. Games website and stumbled upon this announcement:

Rachel Pollack, Johannes Fiebig: Tarot for Magical Times coming soon
http://www.usgamesinc.com/

Seems to be a collab. I haven't found any info about it anywhere, even on Pollack's website. Anyone heard about this yet?

marimorimo

Thanks for the link to the review, Caristia! :)

Seems to me like a tarot-based guidebook for the 'big change'/end of the world scenario people are expecting around 12/21/2012.

hunter

Is there a release date for this book? Every release date that I see is already past.

RunningWild

Hi. No, no release date yet. I've been watching US Games for information on Rachel Pollock's new book since February or March and nothing. They don't even give any info on it, just the ad on their page.

The reviews I've read aren't all that much help either.

hunter

Hmmm, that's kind of weird :-0

RunningWild

Well it's finally available for purchase. I wish I had known this past weekend when I still had some money to spend. LOL I just checked on US Games' site and it was released July 31st. It's also available from other online retailers.

It's now sitting on a wishlist elsewhere. I had to help out a couple of other author's first, like our own Tarotbear and the individual who wrote The Tarot Playbook ;-)

Tibor

I will buy a copy once it is available from a UK retailer. At the moment it only seems to be available from US Games :(

Carla

That sounds really interesting. Do you think 78 Degrees of Wisdom will lay the proper foundation for getting ready to read it? (I just ordered 78 degrees the other day).

Richard

That sounds really interesting. Do you think 78 Degrees of Wisdom will lay the proper foundation for getting ready to read it? (I just ordered 78 degrees the other day).
Since it is coauthored with Johannes Fiebig, with whom I am not familiar, it's hard to say much. However, judging by 78 Degrees, Pollack's style is insightful (and can be opinionated), but it is neither heavy nor technically deep, nor is it the work of a Guru-type.

This new book strikes me as too trendy somehow. The topic of massive change and preparation for a new era is always exciting and popular, but that very fact makes me skeptical about the motives behind books dealing with such occasional lurches in the world's usual wobble. I'll pass on this one, at least for now while the excitement is at a peak.