Aleister Crowley's Secret Temple

Alrah

93, I just wanted to let you guys know that a new book is out which gives the true Tarot attributions to the Chariot Wheel of the Merkabah Mystics (aka the Seven Palaces).

Students of the Western Mystery Traditions are more familiar with Kabbalah and the Tree of Life than they are with the Merkabah, yet the Chariot Wheel is over 1,000 years older and it is the origin of the Tree of Life. This beautiful arrangement of the ancient Jewish Merkabah Mystics was hidden and encrypted within the Zohar. The Tree of Life was derived from their Seven Palaces to represent the Universe in its 'fallen' state while the older Merkabah Wheel represents the state of the Universe before the fall or in its redeemed state.

The Golden Dawn taught that the Sephiroth of the Tree of Life were within these Seven Palaces and Aleister Crowley keyed at least 4 of his Class A works directly to the Seven Palaces system.

This is an information rich & intermediate level book, useful to Tarot students investigating the origins of the Visual Kabbalah as well as to students of the A.'.A.'. curriculum.

http://www.amazon.com/Aleister-Crowleys-Secret-Temple-Palaces-ebook/dp/B00ID84D7W

Best - Alrah. 93 93/93.

Grigori

Thanks for posting Alrah. Can you elaborate on the utility of linking the tarot to a pre-Eden system? Do you use this in readings in anyway similar to Kabbalah, or in ritual or magic?

Alrah

Thanks for posting Alrah. Can you elaborate on the utility of linking the tarot to a pre-Eden system? Do you use this in readings in anyway similar to Kabbalah, or in ritual or magic?

Thank you. :)

In ritual and magical work we construct personal temples as a way of externalizing the symbolic and archetypal content of the psyche in a sacred space. With Kabbalah each letter and it's corresponding tarot card represent aspects of the psyche, and both the mystic (in meditation on the cards) and the magician (through ritual) work to bring all the aspects of the psyche into balanced and harmonious relation to one another. And since understanding is itself symbolic as well as semantic, each aspect of the psyche has both inner (esoteric) and outer (exoteric) meanings. In the Book of Solomon 6:7 this idea is itself symbolized "As a half pomegranate is thy temple within thy veil" and the practice of bringing all these aspects of the psyche into balance and developing our understanding of their relation to one another is illustrated in 6:11 " I went down into the garden of nuts to see the blossoms of the valley, and to see whether hagefen (the vine) flourished and the pomegranates bloomed."

The structure of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life represents the exoteric understanding of the magicians universe while the structure of the Merkabah Wheel represents the esoteric understanding of it. When we compare the Tree of Life to the Merkabah Wheel (the ROTA) we see the three Supernals - Kether, Chokmah and Binah are combined into one Palace. The exoteric posits a linear view of creation where the second sephiroth is created from the first sephiroth and the third from the second, and so on, while the esoteric understanding is that the the first three functions of consciousness happen simultaneously. Likewise, Yesod and Malkuth combine to one Palace - this time symbolizing the exoteric understanding that is fooled by the qualia or material appearance of the world. The Tree of Life is only introduced into the biblical narrative after 'the fall'. You can appreciate the Kabbalistic Tree of Life as a conception of the fallen universe, while the Merkabah Wheel is the original perfect or 'redeemed' universe. Much of the Merkabah Wheel is identical to the Tree of Life but the Palaces are all attributed letters (or attributed to 'God') and the rotating of the Wheel is the motion of the Shekhinah.

In the Tarot deck you have 22 Cards of the Major Arcana associated with the Chariot Wheel and 40 small Cards associated with the 4 worlds and the Tree of Life. Together they form an inter-related system which can be employed to give a philosophical reading to the enquirer. So (for instance) if you defined a problem by choosing 1 card from each suit of the Mnor Arcana's numbered cards - Wands, Cups, Swords, Disks then by adding them together, and employing theosophic reduction if the total is greater than 22, then counting the Fool as the first card of the Major Arcana you draw the n'th card from the pack and meditate on the inner meanings of that card and it's relationship and balance to other aspects of the psyche when contemplated on the Merkabah Wheel.

If you are working with Alester Crowley's A.'.A.'. system - Liber Arcarnorum keys the Major Arcana to the Merkabah Wheel. In order to use part of the A.'.A.'. system you first have to know the correct attribution of the Major Arcana and the Hebrew letters to the Merkabah Wheel; Liber B vel Magi, Liber Tau and Liber Ararita are also keyed to the Merkabah wheel. Liber Ararita in particular is a type of meditation exercise along Raja Yoga lines - directed towards the attainment of Samadhi, so knowing the correct attribution of the cards and letters to the Merkabah Wheel is a rather crucial bit of information needed when working with these books.

Best - Alrah. 93 93/93.

Alrah

Now Free on Scribd

Update: After selling it on Amazon for 10 months I'm now releasing 'Aleister Crowley's Secret Temple' for free on Scribd. I want to thank all of the people who bought my first book and supported my work, and to those who never got around to it - here's your chance to see what you've been missing. :D

Have a great holiday period everyone. 93's.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/250595251/Aleister-Crowley-s-Secret-Temple

gregory

I want to. But I have to join scribd to get it - and they have SO many pirated things on there, not least from the time someone stole Adam McLnean's course and put it up there :mad:) I WILL not support them in any way.

If someone who has downloaded a copy as pdf would PM me, I would LOVE to get it by email.

ETA never mind. I just remembered the joys of guerilla mail ... })

Grigori

Thanks for sharing Alrah :)

gregory

Thanks for sharing Alrah :)
Oops - yes indeed - many thanks. I was just so relieved to have found a way around that I forgot to say !

So now I have an email called sharkbait or something in the name of Margaret Carter (never heard of her... :D)except it will have expired by now.

Alrah

You're welcome!

You can email me for a copy if you haven't signed up to Scribd or have issues with them: alra@live.co.uk

Until the 29th December 2014 I've also made 'The Zohar Code: the Temple Calendar of King Solomon' available for Free on Amazon's Kindle.

It may interest some of the more advanced students here. I know many of you have done a lot of work that debunks the link between the Tree of Life and the origin of Tarot - but as yet I have seen no similar investigation based on the Tarot & the Seven Palaces... ;-)

You can get it here: http://www.amazon.com/Zohar-Code-Temple-Calendar-Solomon-ebook/dp/B00Q3BN41C/

Have fun! :)