Where does this calendar sheet come from?

MandMaud

I have a strong feeling I've read this text before - the first part, anyway. Not in this layout and probably not in this font, but phrases here and there are very familiar. Frustratingly! I'll sleep on it. No promises, though; my memory isn't usually helpful after suggesting I know something, more often it (my memory) just laughs at me.

I think the font is a red herring, it strikes me as typical of faux Olde English types. Could be wrong of course.

Is the fold just because it was in the box with the deck you bought?

Which deck did it come with? I doubt that's relevant, but it may have some connection that rings a bell with someone.

Will certainly let you know if any snippets of knowledge come back to me. ... If so, it will be from long before I was into tarot, when it was just something vaguely attractive that "some people" knew about. Perception and familiarity are funny things. I was a child in the 70s so if that's when it's from, I could have seen it in a jumble sale or something.

gregory

I'm CERTAIN SURE *Brains* Rodney is right. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scholastic (who put out the calendar) may have copied the text, but I am SURE that's where it came from. (And if anyone here is selling the cards that were a part of it, I wish to hear from them NAOW. I have been after it since 1978. DIBS, OK ? :D)

MandMaud

I'm CERTAIN SURE *Brains* Rodney is right. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scholastic (who put out the calendar) may have copied the text, but I am SURE that's where it came from. (And if anyone here is selling the cards that were a part of it, I wish to hear from them NAOW. I have been after it since 1978. DIBS, OK ? :D)

Yesterday I couldn't look at Rodney's calendar image because it was a broken link - for me - and I was too tired to say so. Today it works fine. (same browser, same link, what's going on? :?:) And yep, I'm sure you're/he's right too.

What a relief. :D

ps. Never before had I thought of the Magician as a supple-wristed pinball wizard...

Tarotwolf

A couple months ago I picked up a set of these cards on e-bay for $6.00 (and that included the shipping). The seller had them listed as "22 paper tarot cards". I thought they were very reminiscent of Palladini's work which I like. The cards were already punched out of the sheet and didn't include the calendar pages.

gregory

A couple months ago I picked up a set of these cards on e-bay for $6.00 (and that included the shipping). The seller had them listed as "22 paper tarot cards". I thought they were very reminiscent of Palladini's work which I like. The cards were already punched out of the sheet and didn't include the calendar pages.
First refusal if you EVER get rid, please ? Seriously.

Tarotwolf

Hi Gregory,

If I come across another copy, I'll make sure to pick it up for you. I thought you might like to see a few of my favorites and also a back image.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 109

h3ll0k1tt33

these are awesome :)

gregory

Hi Gregory,

If I come across another copy, I'll make sure to pick it up for you. I thought you might like to see a few of my favorites and also a back image.
YAY - thanks and yes please do !