The Sweeney Tarot

G6

Sweeney Tarot - Poker Size

Uh, maybe I should put this in the WTF thread. The GameCrafter page showed this deck as borderless (see link) and I got a double weird bordered one with a white border + different colored border edges = double distracting/bad design idea. Images too dark in some too.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/sweeney-tarot-poker-size

Disappointing. I was looking forward to this deck.

What is this image that is printed too dark supposed to be? Actually it shows up better in the pic than in person. In person it looks like a mass of nothing.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 55.jpg
    FullSizeRender 55.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 261

G6

Sweeney Tarot - Poker Size

This woman pictured here literally has no face. There is ZERO detail.

Is the standard size deck printed any better with detail in the blacks?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 56.jpg
    FullSizeRender 56.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 257

The Shadow

So I took out my full size deck, and yes it is borderless, especially compared to your pictures. There is a thin line about 1 cm from the edge but the picture frequently extends beyond to the edge of the card. There are no white borders at all. However they are dark toned images. I have to look closely to see the face on the woman on the 6 of cups. I compared the other two cards and mine are similarly dark. Hope this helps.

G6

So I took out my full size deck, and yes it is borderless, especially compared to your pictures. There is a thin line about 1 cm from the edge but the picture frequently extends beyond to the edge of the card. There are no white borders at all. However they are dark toned images. I have to look closely to see the face on the woman on the 6 of cups. I compared the other two cards and mine are similarly dark. Hope this helps.

Thanks for looking. Guess I got the wrong one. I wish they wouldn't have been lazy and used the same pic when the poker size had a completely different design. So bogus.

G6

From Poker Size to Pocket Size

Poker size went to the chopping block and now it is pocket size. Smaller than I wanted, but it's about the size of a USG tin deck now. Those lame side colored borders had to go.

78 x 4 = šŸ˜

Actually, I rounded the corners too, so it's...

156 x 4 = šŸ˜

I do like the artwork, but you need to work with this deck in bright light or outside/bright light. Hopefully this will get picked up for a mass market edition and they will do a better job.

PIC

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 59.jpg
    FullSizeRender 59.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 216

starlightexp

Am I the only one that thought of Sweeney Todd?

G6

In the very bright morning light this deck works. I guess it will be my bright sunshine only deck. I really needed that category in my collection. Anyway, I'm making peace with this deck now that Ive bonded with it over the reconstructive surgery.

ldiddy

I've thought about buying this deck many times. It's definitely a different/contemporary take on Tarot that I can get with, but... have not yet taken the plunge. Those white borders are not cool.

G6

I've thought about buying this deck many times. It's definitely a different/contemporary take on Tarot that I can get with, but... have not yet taken the plunge. Those white borders are not cool.

Get the regular size it's the borderless one pictured in both ads on gamecrafters. The artwork is cool and different (not RWS clone) so for that it's a good deck. Design wise there's just a better version waiting to happen if it makes it off of gamecrafters. I have to believe there's more detail in the blacks in the original artwork.

G6

BUY THE REGULAR SIZE DECK

Get the regular size it's the borderless one pictured in both ads on gamecrafters. The artwork is cool and different (not RWS clone) so for that it's a good deck. Design wise there's just a better version waiting to happen if it makes it off of gamecrafters. I have to believe there's more detail in the blacks in the original artwork.

Okay, the artist sent me the regular sized one and it totally cured my disappointment. Much more detail in the regular sized version. I would still recommend it gets picked up by a better publisher though, maybe USG or ? Gamecrafters print on demand does not quality check runs or recalibrate for different decks or something. Sweeney Tarot is a cool deck and deserves a better quality release.

*This card though isn't even the worst one, print quality wise, but you get the idea...
Comparison PIC - Bridge Size and Regular

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-7.jpg
    FullSizeRender-7.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 213