One Deck Wonder 2014

Hooked on TdM

The very first one deck wonder thread was two decks for a year. One without illustrated pips and one with. :) No reason any of us can't do that. I'm seriously considering it. I haven't used illustrated pips since I was a teen.

Food for thought for all of us.

autumn and the sword

I've started a group thread for us. I figure we can use it for daily draws, practice and personal readings for our commitment to our decks. Also an idea (swiping this from Griz's Motherpeace thread) is to exchange readings once we are at a comfortable spot with our decks. Use it if you want to but don't if you don't!

Thread is here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4013578#post4013578

I won't start doing daily draws or anything like that for a couple of months, but I did do a reading for Lammas. I'll post it after I've finished sorting it out.

Also: Good point about being able to use a Marseilles and an RWS deck.

-- Meranda

BadGirlBlues

Deviant Moon

Hello everybody! I've decided to devote August 1 - October 31, to just one deck; the Deviant Moon.

My guidelines:

1. I will use only DM, and no other deck, with the exception of playing with Faerie Oracle with my daughter.
2. I will do daily readings for myself, or at minimum Daily Draws (unless life interferes).
3. I've decided to allow myself to go through my other decks to look at the art if I start feeling deprived. I will also shop and buy any decks that that call my name.

I look forward to getting to know everybody!

BadGirl

Nina*

Yay! I want to join please!

I'll be using the Original RWS.
I won't be using books as much as watching youtube (especially a new favorite - The Four Queens... she's amazing!).

autumn and the sword

Yay! I want to join please!

I'll be using the Original RWS.
I won't be using books as much as watching youtube (especially a new favorite - The Four Queens... she's amazing!).

I love The Four Queens too. :)

Hooked on TdM

Welcome bad girl and Nina! Nice to have you both here. :)

BadGirlBlues

Thanks for the welcome, Hooked!

I will start posting some of my daily readings over in our thread when I have time to write one up. It's early days yet, and I'm really enjoying using just one deck. Deviant Moon fascinates me. I just wish the companion book was already out!

I'm trying to handle and shuffle my deck as much as possible. While I'm on the phone, waiting for water to boil while cooking, etc. Just working on the connection.

Hooked on TdM

That's a really good idea. I've been leaving my deck out on my tarot table so that it's easy to access throughout the day. There is no rush with daily draws. We all must follow our own course!

I was just looking at the deviant moon. Fascinating deck and a wee bit creepy. Lol.

Today I'm going to start learning my first spread of choice. I pulled Lermite for my focus card this morning so no more procrastinating for me! I think its funny that my deck just gave a swift kick in the rear. :D

Hooked on TdM

Well so far so good. My daily draws are actually quite helpful. I'm rather enjoying them. I haven't missed a day yet, so I'm happy about that. :)

I did start working with my spread. In fact I did live readings for my neighbor! It wasn't too bad but I will really need practice with that. I liked how it flows yet can bounce around. There is a beautiful freedom to it all. I feel like I'm able to use more intuition with it. So that's an excellent sign.

I started 21 ways to read tarot. I'm realizing why that book and the original ODW thread suggests you don't primarily use TdM's for this. Without the imagery, reliance lands on books. There is just only so much you can get from a pip card! I'm heavily debating learning for a year with something else. The only decks I will have that have illustrated pips will be Tarot of the Cat People and Samhain Deck of the Dead. Neither are here yet. Considering working outside of TdM's seems very scary to me. It's uncharted territory! If I do end up having to switch, I'd have to reset everything. Would like everyone's opinion on this one please. :)

Well I think that's all to my progress report. How are you guys doing?

Becca