How do you store your Tarot cards?

ana luisa

Like gregory, I keep them in their original boxes . The ones that have none, are in string bags or sturdy paper boxes bought at good stationery shops.I don't really care much about how they are kept AS LONG AS I have tons of silica gel pouches in each and every corner of my drawers. Humidity is the vilain around here.This is what I'm talking about:

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=...y-old-aged-paper-mildew-image2234807;942;1300

UrbanBramble

I used to either wrap my decks in fabric or store them in bags and toss the boxes. Watching decks go in and out of print though has made me reconsider this. If a deck doesn't have the box its value can go way down. So now they are stored in the original box. Kits and large boxes are stored upright on a bookshelf but the actual decks are in bags in a drawer. Small boxes have the decks in them in the same drawer. It also houses my magical supplies. I try to stack them so they stay nice. The drawer is pretty much full now though so I may have to come up with a new solution.

Ballerina

Greetings! I love handling my cards and looking at them as artwork as well as tools for guidance. That said, I still keep most of mine in a large drawer so they don't get dusty. They are all either in their original box, if it is sturdy like Baba's new boxes or the Azathoth tarot box, or they are put into bags of various types, whatever feels right. I do keep the original packaging even if I am not using it.

Sar

In their original boxes in my book case.

Alkonost

I've got about 7 decks at this point and I store them in these beautifully printed (cotton??) napkins. They're wrapped up neatly, and then tied with a ribbon that matches the color of the fabric, which was chosen to match the "feel" of each deck. Then the decks are kind of stacked on top of each other like a pyramid, in half of the box that they quickly outgrew. They're also behind closed doors, because two out of my three cats would love nothing more than to pull apart those ribbons.

kell

All mine seem perfectly happy unless there's a bit of bullying at times.... and they are fairly close together.(and there is a lot MORE in there now; these photos are out of date.)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/furrytarot/sets/72157618423955236/

Gregory, great storage areas!
Sorry to not respond sooner...spent last few days moving, unpacking...and now I've got a bad case of the 'moving stupids'. My decks are put away, in various locations, but I can't remember which decks are where...and I can't find my fave tarot books...aaargghhh!

MistressMorrigan

I always store them in their original boxes while at home, although I splurged and got a handmade, hand-embroidered black silk Tarot spread cloth and pouch. When I take a deck out in public, I'll store it (still in its original box) in the black pouch. And I never do a reading without my black cloth underneath the cards.

I just think that, if you store the cards simply in a cloth bag, without a rigid box, the risk of bending or tearing cards is too great. I always, always, always use the store-bought box.

sunfallSeraph

I've had difficulty finding a appropriately sized bag or pouch in eclectic shops, so I'm just keeping them in their boxes for now. Kinda sad atm because I've got my Shadowscapes hanging out in a Gilded Tarot box, but it's more important to me that they're safe and damage free than in a fancy container, so. :b

imarya

Bear in mind I have only 4 decks. :D

Most of the time, 3 of the 4 live in their boxes underneath my bed. My Universal Waite lives in its box, wrapped in a bit of red Dupioni silk purchased at the fabric store. When it's not in my tote bag, it goes under my bed with the others.

When I was being shy, my Universal Waite lived in its box on the bookshelf in my living room.