How do you store your Tarot cards?

shadowdancer

A lot of my main decks are in tins.

Trimmed or smaller decks are in 2oz stash tins. Others are in larger windowed tins from Papermart. I do have a handful in bags (padded envelope style bags which an AT member used to make).
The tins are lined up in portrait mode and labelled. So easy to find the deck I want. Take up far less room than you would think. All protected due to being in tins.

Key / main reading decks are in an aircraft cabin case. Might sound daft, but they are ones I would wheel out of the house in the case if I had to leave in a hurry. Also having my main reading decks in one case in the living room is ideal.

The exception is my handbag deck which is in a plastic case with elastic around to hold it closed.

Sulis

I've had difficulty finding a appropriately sized bag or pouch in eclectic shops, so I'm just keeping them in their boxes for now. Kinda sad atm because I've got my Shadowscapes hanging out in a Gilded Tarot box, but it's more important to me that they're safe and damage free than in a fancy container, so. :b
I make bags to order so if you want a bag to be a bit smaller or bigger than they usually are, that's not a problem. Check out my website (in the drop-down box under my username) and my thread in Advertisements:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=156200

I have a few decks that I read with and they are kept in a shallow basket next to my bed and each one is in a cotton-velvet drawstring bag lined with dupion silk that matches the colour of each deck, made by me :).
The decks that I don't read with are kept in plastic under-bed boxes.

sladie

Imported silk scarf

I was given a beautiful scarf from a church for Christmas. (I'm sure they didn't attend for me to use it for my Tarot deck, but it suits it so well). So today, after almost a month studying my butt off and killing my hand from writing, I finally finished all 78 pages of personal interpretations for my SteamPunk Tarot deck (Moore), and finally got the answer to the question I have been dying to ask it. This morning I decided that the plain white box where it was kept with my other deck was not enough for it. It wasn't personal, comfortable or beautiful. My other deck loves it, but I could tell my steampunk needed somewhere special.

The scarf is a beautiful peacock blue, with reds, blacks, yellows - very gypsy inspired. It has beautiful tassels, and I was going to use it for belly dancing. Seems all my scarfs and shawls I want to use for belly dancing find new homes elsewhere in my magical home. The gypsy contrasting blues with the deck is an amazing back drop, and I'm very lucky and happy it found a new home early this morning.

The other deck, Animal-Wise Tarot (Andrews) will be going to a new home today. It's going to be a surprise present for my friend who fell in love with the deck. I can't read it, and hasn't had any personal connection with me, despite how long I've tried to work with it. The white box is going with it, and I'm sure she'll make it feel like a warm friend it deserves. She's a practiced reader, but we have very different styles - so maybe it will work better for her than for me. (I learn by studying, writing, and self-exploration. She's hands-on, which I can't grasp very well.)

If I get anymore decks, they'll probably be put in a box, or in individual pouches that I'll try to make. Not sure yet, I just plan on having the one deck for awhile.

3ill.yazi

I keep having to shift storage options as my collection grows.

Back when I only had my old RWS as a teen, I kept it in a wooden box that had been part of an English Leather set I'd given my dad. LOL

For a long time, I kept the decks, when it was up to four decks, in a nice carved wooden box from India, a box with a hidden locking latch. Very cool, but that too grew too small.

Then for a while I kept the decks in a wooden matzah box, a reproduction of the original packaging for Manischewitz which the company put out for its anniversary a few years ago.

As the collection grew, I split the cards up amongst a bunch of boxes. iPhone and iPad boxes are solid and just the right size for the thinner Marseilles type decks.

A Jose Marti Cuba Libre cigar box perfectly fits three slimmer decks, and I kept my Heron TdM, 1JJ Swiss, and Tarot Classic decks in one for a long time. One of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOSE-MARTI-CUBA-LIBRE-WOOD-CIGAR-BOXES-NICARAGUE-/251265399248

I have since found a nice handmade wooden box which fits them all.

For now.

SunChariot

I will be getting my Shadowscapes deck soon and I'm wondering how to store it. I really want to pamper it and have a loving, spiritual relationship with it (I will only be using it for spiritual guidance and growth, not divination).

So far, I have bought a Thai silk cloth and some crystals. I was thinking of wrapping the cards in the cloth and putting them in a bag, like a velvet bag (with the crystals).

How do you store your cards? With people who have hundreds (or thousands) of decks, do you keep them in their original box?

I currently have 117 decks. I generally don't keep the boxes, unless for some reason they are very special ones.

My decks tend to be in pouches, in my 4 night table drawers and in one dresser drawer.

BTW, I have the Shadowscapes and it really is a beauty. I am sure you will love yours.

Babs

ValerieReikiLMT

I have been on a decoupage box making kick for my working decks, (which has been a lot of fun, I might add) And I keep my other decks in handmade felt bags, stored in a larger wooden box, all snuggly like.

floweronthewall

I got my first deck of cards when I was 11, 15 years ago, the day I got them I removed them from the box, wrapped a silk scarf around them and tucked them into a small carved wooden box. They've been there ever since. I feel like they should have a special place.