LONGEST period of time you've gone not doing a SELF READING?

greatdane

From the time you began reading tarot til now, what is the longest amount of time you've gone without doing a self-reading?

I can go months sometimes. Or do a few readings in a week. I read for myself when I feel the need to and when I think a reading with help clarify something for me.

Sometimes that is months, but I like to read for myself usually about a once a month.

What about you, ATers? And we're talking SELF-readings only, not having others read for you.

nisaba

I haven't sat down and done a spread for myself in years. My needs are well catered for in exchanges.

I find Tarot is like dream interpretation: when I'm working with other people's needs in either of these departments, I have fewer needs of my own. The universe takes care of me as I take care of others.

greatdane

I guess we use tarot in different ways then

I find doing a reading for myself can help me think of more options, help me clarify what I should look at, it's about me and tarot, not me and someone else reading for me. I think it's all good and whatever works best for someone is great.

But the main question isn't which is better, but just how long between self-readings.

Water Lady

sometimes, years. but not again, need the connection it gives me.

moon_light

I haven't been doing this very long, but for me the longest was just short of two weeks. I was doing lots of readings for others, though.

tarotbear

Better Nate than lever ...

I can't tell you when I last did a reading for myself - other than 'not this year' - but I just looked up the last entry in my Tarot journal and it is dated 'The week of Sept 17-23, 2006! ' ;)

Of course - at this point - I could not legibly write in a journal if I wanted to! :(

Kristyjnh

I mostly read for myself and sometimes I go a couple weeks without working with the cards. I'd say the longest amount of time is about a month, but normally I read for myself fairly often.

Disa

Months. I don't often have anything to read about. When I do it's a big issue that just needs some clarification. I do the Sacred days of Yule Spread each year, so I know I haven't gone years. I do like to sit down and do an indepth reading and write it in my journal, but it's really very rare anymore.

beginagain

Months. The vast majority of spreads that I do are for feedback from this forum. Once in a blue moon I will do a proper exchange. I've found that in divination readings I do strictly for myself, it really doesn't tell me anything that I didn't know already. If I do a reading on someone else as they directly relate to me, then I have a bit more success. Mind, given that I'm starting to get interested in spirituality in general, this may change as my needs change.

danieljuk

I did two months earlier this year and when I did a self reading after that I realised I need to do them more, it's some sort of discovery process for myself! also I was really improving my skills with other people but not using them on myself!

I don't think how long you leave between self readings is a problem, the real problem is when you can't stop doing self readings constantly! I remember I started using cards to answer every question in life. It's dangerous because I am avoiding using my own free will or choice making! So I cut all that out.

I try and do a long self spread every month now, so glad I got back into it, they are eye opening about my progress and life :)